Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoking

+2
RoxyChick
gotsomeboobs
6 posters

Go down

Smoking Empty Smoking

Post by gotsomeboobs 16th July 2009, 10:44 am

Girls I know I sound so pathetic but Im struggling so bad with the whole not being able to smoke for 2 weeks!!! Its only be a day and Im craving a ciggie sooo bad!!! I keep telling myself that its not worth risking my new boobies but its sooooooo hard Rolling Eyes

Any advice or tips?? I knew I should have stopped 5 weeks prior like nads but was going through such a stressful time that I just couldnt!

Dani xxxx
gotsomeboobs
gotsomeboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1331

Back to top Go down

Smoking Empty Re: Smoking

Post by RoxyChick 16th July 2009, 10:46 am

Oooh, Nads did so well with quitting, I'm sure she'll give some advice soon!

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 16th July 2009, 10:47 am

Most surgeons advise to stop 2 weeks prior hun, so the sooner you stop/cut down the better. I would say get rid of everything ciggie related in your house and buy a nice plug in. When you have a craving get a substitute like gum to chew and come on here, think about your new boobs and vent about your craving.

You can do it! Cheerleader
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by gotsomeboobs 16th July 2009, 10:50 am

lol ok nads!!! I can do it just gonna be sooo hard will def buy some gum xxxx
gotsomeboobs
gotsomeboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 16th July 2009, 10:50 am

RoxyChick wrote:Oooh, Nads did so well with quitting, I'm sure she'll give some advice soon!

xx
Thanks hun, I really wanted my new bewbies to heal the best they could, smoking stops oxygen getting to the body to heal it. My scars are perfectly flat and white now, and although i can't prove its because i didnt smoke i'm sure it helped them and the boobs heal. There is also increased risk of cc (plus WSB you're getting overs so there's a slightly higher risk of that already so you dont want to add to it) and infection.

We're here for you hun :ghug:
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 16th July 2009, 10:51 am

Also, how about chewing gum? I know some have said it makes ciggies taste horrible (I know it works for choccie!)

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gotsomeboobs 16th July 2009, 10:52 am

ohhh when you put it like that lol def not gonna smoke i promise Hug xxxx
gotsomeboobs
gotsomeboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 16th July 2009, 10:54 am

if u think its gonna be hard it will i to quit a few months b4 my ba i brought alan carr book easy way to stop smoking read it every time i was dying for a ciggie it took my mind off it i healed very quickly and i do now with spots cuts ect i never use to go for walk chew gum or buy that alan carr book it really worked for me and i was a heavy smoker bout 30 a day
xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 16th July 2009, 11:00 am

How about that NHS support service too? The calculator thingy is good... just think how many new bras you can buy!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 16th July 2009, 11:03 am

I had one of these tickers to help me keep going wsb (its in $ though):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 16th July 2009, 12:38 pm

Ooo i thought i posted on here but i cant off! i was naughty and packed in 5 weeks before and did so well then as soon as the op was over i was smoking again within 4 days! silly really as afterwards is the most important part because of healing.

I used the allen carr book, if you want ive got the books here and dont mind posting them if you want them hun i also asked my surgeon if i could use nrt gum he said it was ok but stop at least 3 days before so i dont know if you want to ask other than that just try and keep yourself busy as much as possible to take your mind off it, another thing that is meant to be good is sunflower seeds apparently if you pick at them it send the same message to your brain as it would when your having a cigarette.

Good Luck hunny it really will be worth it for your boobies! Cheerleader

x x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by HannaF 16th July 2009, 4:30 pm

Hey hun....

I had my op Saturday just gone. I'd smoked for over 10 yrs and was practically a 20 a day smoker (10-15 a day when talking to anyone in medical profession, lol). I decided to try give up for op - I was asked to give up week before and week after. I figured if I could do this I can give up for good. Anyway I've managed it so far and these are my tips:

- Tell yourself 'I am just not smoking today'. If you tell yourself its forever your brain goes mad for a fag

- Get a nicorette inhalator. I found this really useful to hold all the time, and barely use it, unless really struggling, and found it very useful to chew on when I was struggling in first few days

- Get urself a supply of chewing gum - very good distraction for when you're craving

- Keep busy, do things like cleaning the house top to bottom. You start to feel great for what you're achieving and don't want to smoke as you get everything done in super quick time and to an obsessive standard as you're powering through like a blue ar**d fly trying to beat the cravings.

-Remember cravings peak within first 3 days - that's nothing - 72hrs!!! Battle through this time and then you're on the home straight. Each day gets so much easier. If I can do this so can you!!!

- Recovery from the op takes your mind off wanting a fag too as you ache so much you can't be that bothered to move and your new boobs are a fantastic distraction. This is a fantsatic opportunity to give up. Keep thinking of your boobs and it works wonders.

Good luck - you can do it! x
HannaF
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by gotsomeboobs 16th July 2009, 6:24 pm

Thank you soo much girls, I am trying hard, doesnt help when all your friends around you smoke too lol Im just thinking of my new boobies and the risks it will cause if I smoke xxx
gotsomeboobs
gotsomeboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down