Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoking??

+5
MsTeews
Ruth89
natalia
Mia
LouLou82
9 posters

Go down

Smoking?? Empty Smoking??

Post by LouLou82 29th August 2009, 12:07 pm

Just wondering , if I stopped smoking now (bearing in mind my op is on Wednesday!!!!!) do you girlies think it would make any difference to my healing after the op?

I'm not a heavy smoker, in fact sometimes I'll have one just because I'm bored! And I don't smoke ready made ciggies I always roll my own usually they're like pins because I make them so thin.

I had planned to stop, but because I got a date much sooner than I expected I've sort of been caught with my pants down Hysterical and I'm not prepared

Any thoughts?
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1032

Back to top Go down

Smoking?? Empty Re: Smoking??

Post by Mia 29th August 2009, 12:16 pm

Hi Sticky!!

Yes it will make a difference if you stop now!!! Healing will be easier, quicker and better. If you are not addicted as such (Like Me) it should be less difficult. Be kinder to yourself and stop....the body will rid itself of all the bad toxins and enable you to be in better health to heal. Good Luck Give You xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 29th August 2009, 12:58 pm

mia wrote:Hi Sticky!!

Yes it will make a difference if you stop now!!! Healing will be easier, quicker and better. If you are not addicted as such (Like Me) it should be less difficult. Be kinder to yourself and stop....the body will rid itself of all the bad toxins and enable you to be in better health to heal. Good Luck Give You xx

Thanks Mia :)

Well I've definitely got my reason to give up! What more excuse do I need than a lovely new pair of Flash
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 29th August 2009, 1:20 pm

Exactly Sticky Flash

I just posted a link for preparing for surgery and aid to better healing, after reading this!! I know time is short....however, it may keep you motivated and as healthy as possible to deal with both ops. and motherhood etc....worth a read!!

Think we all need a little encouragement. Hug xxxx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 29th August 2009, 1:26 pm

mia wrote:Exactly Sticky Flash

I just posted a link for preparing for surgery and aid to better healing, after reading this!! I know time is short....however, it may keep you motivated and as healthy as possible to deal with both ops. and motherhood etc....worth a read!!

Think we all need a little encouragement. Hug xxxx

Thanks Mia, you are a sweetheart Give You , I'll have a looky now :)
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 29th August 2009, 3:17 pm

hi sticky i quit b4 my op hvnt looked back since 2 years now best thing ever did not easy but doable if u put your mind to it
xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 29th August 2009, 4:38 pm

natalia wrote:hi sticky i quit b4 my op hvnt looked back since 2 years now best thing ever did not easy but doable if u put your mind to it
xxx

I think I'll do it, especially as there's only a few days to go it'll give me an extra push
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 29th August 2009, 5:28 pm

fingers crossed hun
xxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 29th August 2009, 5:37 pm

I am giving you a friendly push Sticky Cheerleader

Need a great big shove myself Blush
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 29th August 2009, 5:54 pm

mia wrote:I am giving you a friendly push Sticky Cheerleader

Need a great big shove myself Blush

Well..........God is testing me, our frickin dog has recently developed a fetish for peeing on my bed..........and the kids left my bedroom door open.............yeah you guessed it :evil: :evil:

I'm really doing my best to stay calm but I think I might need to scream into a pillow here!
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 29th August 2009, 6:03 pm

get a punch bag lol thats what i did when i quit
xx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruth89 29th August 2009, 7:53 pm

my surgeon told me not to bother quitting! ive cut down an awful lot tho and in fact havent even had one today!!

not long for us both Cheerleader
Ruth89
Ruth89
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 29th August 2009, 8:18 pm

Ruth89 wrote:my surgeon told me not to bother quitting! ive cut down an awful lot tho and in fact havent even had one today!!

I did manage to resist despite the dogs best efforts!

Are you nervous yet Ruth? I'm not yet but I suppose there's still time for that :)
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MsTeews 30th August 2009, 8:18 am

I stopped smoking only a few days before the surgery and havent started since. Just the thought that I might mess up the healing process by smoking again made me not want to touch a ciggie afterwards. I used to smoke rollies too x
MsTeews
MsTeews
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 731

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 30th August 2009, 8:31 am

MsTeews wrote:I stopped smoking only a few days before the surgery and havent started since. Just the thought that I might mess up the healing process by smoking again made me not want to touch a ciggie afterwards. I used to smoke rollies too x

Yeah, ending up with dodgy scars is my worry too. I have a scar from my pre smoking days which is flat and not really noticeable unless you know it's there, but I also have one I got as a smoker and although it still looks lumpy around the edges, it's faded but I really hate it. But as I'm having an uplift I really don't want a big lumpy scar running down my boob :pale:
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 30th August 2009, 9:22 am

good luck with stopping smoking. It really is a hard thing to do. I stopped when i found out i was pregnant 4 years ago now and it was the hardest thing i have done, i still struggle at times no but never went back.
Sorry to here about your dog to, one of mine has a habbit of jumping up on my kitchen worktops and it drives me crazy. xxx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 30th August 2009, 9:32 am

sars3dd wrote:good luck with stopping smoking. It really is a hard thing to do. I stopped when i found out i was pregnant 4 years ago now and it was the hardest thing i have done, i still struggle at times no but never went back.
Sorry to here about your dog to, one of mine has a habbit of jumping up on my kitchen worktops and it drives me crazy. xxx

I did stop last year, but I think I went as far as 3 months and had a total wobbler and then started again Rolling Eyes
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeLite 30th August 2009, 11:03 am

I stopped smoking two days before my ba and went without a cigarette for 6 days after. I have lapsed and had about 10 cigarettes in the past two days but i've stopped again from today. I don't want to spend all this money on new boobs and risk any complications with them cause they are so perfect. Along with quitting for my kids and my health, this is also motivating me to give up.

Good luck with it cause i know it's hard but it'll be worth it in the end! x
DeeLite
DeeLite
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 287

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruth89 30th August 2009, 5:36 pm

Sticky wrote:
Ruth89 wrote:my surgeon told me not to bother quitting! ive cut down an awful lot tho and in fact havent even had one today!!

I did manage to resist despite the dogs best efforts!

Are you nervous yet Ruth? I'm not yet but I suppose there's still time for that :)

tbh im more scared than nervouse! but it still doesnt feel real that its going to happen haha Boobs
Ruth89
Ruth89
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 30th August 2009, 11:00 pm

Personally, and this is just my opinion here, I'd quit now, and not touch another until you're a good three months post op (or forever if you can help it!) I only asy that as scarring will take at least three months before it seals fully, both externally and internally too. It's not worth it. having bad scars for a few cigs.

Hope it works out lovely, two days!!!

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 30th August 2009, 11:09 pm

RoxyChick wrote:Personally, and this is just my opinion here, I'd quit now, and not touch another until you're a good three months post op (or forever if you can help it!) I only asy that as scarring will take at least three months before it seals fully, both externally and internally too. It's not worth it. having bad scars for a few cigs.

Hope it works out lovely, two days!!!

xx

I agree Roxy, it's not just about the scars I know it's affecting me in other ways too, so it's my time to stop.

TBH I was hanging about til midnight so I could make a 2 day countdown post! Hysterical
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 30th August 2009, 11:17 pm

Hahahahaha!!!!!

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 31st August 2009, 11:02 am

Yea I'd defo stop now if you can - like Mia said its really not worth it. I didn't smoke before my op but did drink quite a lot in between my original BA and re-op and wonder if this was one of the reasons I felt so rough after the second GA because physically I wasn't so healthy? Having said that I've since taken up smoking again Screwy (started on holiday, swore I'd give up when I got back but haven't!)

Well done for surviving the first few days hun. One of my dogs used to pee on everything and it was a nightmare. Hug
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by LouLou82 1st September 2009, 10:08 am

*Sally* wrote:Yea I'd defo stop now if you can - like Mia said its really not worth it. I didn't smoke before my op but did drink quite a lot in between my original BA and re-op and wonder if this was one of the reasons I felt so rough after the second GA because physically I wasn't so healthy? Having said that I've since taken up smoking again Screwy (started on holiday, swore I'd give up when I got back but haven't!)

Well done for surviving the first few days hun. One of my dogs used to pee on everything and it was a nightmare. Hug

Hug Thanks Sally, the dog just drives me nuts sometimes! She's coming into season ad she's gone a bit loopy again Screwy

Then again I can't complain too much...........I know exactly how she feels Hysterical
LouLou82
LouLou82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down