Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

smoking before BA

+3
lindsaylouise
kezmac
tme503
7 posters

Go down

smoking before BA Empty smoking before BA

Post by tme503 16th June 2011, 6:02 pm

has anyone smoked a little (like less than a half pack) before their boobjob
i have cut down tremendously. i used to smoke a 1/2 pack to a pack a day but recently i have cut down to 2 or 3 cigarettes a day. even though the other day i slipped up and smoked like 6 in one day oops ....
my ps said i should quit atleast 10 days before like cold turkey just quit but thats like nearly impossible to do. so i just cut down
im worried now that when they nicotine test me on tuesday the levels will be too high and they will push back my surgery

has anyone else had this problem or smoked before their ba?
tme503
tme503
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 37

Back to top Go down

smoking before BA Empty Re: smoking before BA

Post by kezmac 16th June 2011, 6:07 pm

Hey hun, I'm a smoker and tried so hard to give up for the BA, but failed miserably! I dont advise anyone to smoke with such a big op, but personally not given me any infections etc.

Just try to kick it x smoking before BA 184153
kezmac
kezmac
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 247

Back to top Go down

Post by lindsaylouise 16th June 2011, 6:11 pm

Hello, i was told that they test you b4, and i was worried i cut right down, didnt have one for a week b4 but had 2 on the way to london with nerves... i smoked straight after as well, they dont like it but u have to sign a slip of paper to go out and have one....

I will say tho that i have an infection now, and im on anti biotics :( wether this was due to smoking, i doubt it tho as i only smoked a few, or the fact i got the dressings really wet and they told me not to change them, so in that week i got the infection!!!

If you kmow for sure that they are going to test you, u have to think if u want it that bad, then is a fag worth losing ur deposit and having to wait again? it is really hard, because the closer it gets the more u want a fag for nerves lol

xx
lindsaylouise
lindsaylouise
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 506

Back to top Go down

Post by tme503 16th June 2011, 6:41 pm

very true!! everytime i think about it i feel like smoking. i really doubt your infection is from smking too. i had a tooth pulled and i still smoked after it and didnt get infected. i looked online it says that it take nicotine 3 days to get out of your system so im thinking this weekend i really really have to not smoke. its going to be so difficult i get this deep sense of loss when i realize i cant smoke lol its so weird. not like not smoking for a couple days is going to kill me or anything.
tme503
tme503
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer2011 16th June 2011, 6:48 pm

They ask you to quit smoking as otherwise you have a high risk of blood clots & less chance of healing properly.

I stopped on Tuesday, I've been so tempted but it's just not worth the risk Xx
Jennifer2011
Jennifer2011
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxileighknight 16th June 2011, 7:25 pm

Do they test you before then I had stopped when I had my consultation but have started again my ba is on Sunday will they refuse to the surgery If I have been smoking? X
Maxileighknight
Maxileighknight
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by tme503 16th June 2011, 7:39 pm

thats what my ps told me. wel the nurse told me that if i have any nicotine in my system whatsoever he will not do the surgery but then this other lady that went over all the details and medications of the surgery said that if there is a little bit of nicotine he will still do it.. and some girls on here and other websites have said that the totally disregaurded all adivce on quitting before surgery and they were fine. i saved up all the money to get theese boobs for a year and a half and i've been wanting this since i was 17 if they tell me i have to wait another couple weeks when im this close im giong to be so mad at myself lol
tme503
tme503
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lindsaylouise 16th June 2011, 7:48 pm

Maybe they say it to make people quit?? its just not woth the risk, if its the thought of not having a fag in your hand, try on of those nicotine plastic fag things! they worked for me, well a week!! lol

I really do need to stop, ive had 4 today so not to bad, but every one has been saying see i told u that u would get an infection!! bla bla bla lol.

the man that put me to sleep, just asked when i had my last fag, i said 2 days ago... a little fib! he didnt say anything tho.

xx
lindsaylouise
lindsaylouise
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cherry 16th June 2011, 8:09 pm

Hi i cut right down & 2 days b4 my BA i gave up its been 2 weeks now im so pleased i dont smoke any more its hard but its worth it every time i think about cigs i think about my children my health & my new boobs that stops me from having one smoking before BA 113752 good luck with giving up hun x x
cherry
cherry
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by LiL SIS 16th June 2011, 8:17 pm

this is going to be a hard one for me too, when my time comes.
I smoke a 30g tobacco a week, i think thats about 10-15 a day.. and i have smoked for about 15 years.

I did give up for my 3 pregnancies.. so i guess if i can give up for 9 months at a time.. i can do it a few weeks out from surgery.
LiL SIS
LiL SIS
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by lindsaylouise 16th June 2011, 8:31 pm

Its weird isnt it, i gave up for 9 months twice, and it didnt bother me one bit.. im going to stop monday, my 2 sons want me to as well... ive made my mind up :) xx
lindsaylouise
lindsaylouise
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LiL SIS 16th June 2011, 8:35 pm

good on you Lindsaylouise.. maybe you could start a thread.. "who's quitting with me" lol
Are you in the UK.. your Monday will be my Sunday night.. so i could give it a go with you.. I hate being the first to crack.. so will give me some incentive.. lol
LiL SIS
LiL SIS
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lindsaylouise 16th June 2011, 8:49 pm

aww good idea, im honest as well, if i have one i will admit it. but yes that would help, maybe when were finding it hard we could all support each other on whats helping for them etc... this site has already made me cut down because i cant get off of here lol

yes im from england.. ill do it if you like? xxx
lindsaylouise
lindsaylouise
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LiL SIS 16th June 2011, 8:54 pm

go on then.. bit tricky with the support cos you'll be fast asleep while im pulling my hair out.. hahahhaaa..
Im honest too.. if i fail i fail.. will just start again

how exciting.. i could save $30 a week.. pretty sure thats about 15 pounds...
LiL SIS
LiL SIS
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lindsaylouise 16th June 2011, 8:57 pm

yes, thats about right, lets save it in a pot and open it xmas, and see how much we have.... oh yes didnt think about the time thing lol...

We can do it xxx
lindsaylouise
lindsaylouise
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down