Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SICK to the back teeth with SPIRE's aftercare !!

+2
rhy_fach
ambzdee94
6 posters

Go down

SICK to the back teeth with SPIRE's aftercare !! Empty SICK to the back teeth with SPIRE's aftercare !!

Post by ambzdee94 6th November 2014, 9:15 am

So Ive asked about my aftercare i dont know how many times & all i get is the terms and conditions of the hospital ..I DONT WANT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE HOSPITAL!!! I want written down what im covered for regarding complications if its free , if so how long for ect.

no joy!

growl shrug
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 882

Back to top Go down

SICK to the back teeth with SPIRE's aftercare !! Empty Re: SICK to the back teeth with SPIRE's aftercare !!

Post by rhy_fach 6th November 2014, 9:57 am

It does seem pretty vague...

We want you to be delighted with the results of your cosmetic treatment and our aftercare package is here to support you following your treatment.
The care you receive after surgery is every bit as important as your pre-operative consultation and the operation itself. Enjoy peace of mind with our personalised and comprehensive aftercare programme tailored to your specific needs.
Aftercare includes:

• All follow up appointments with your consultant and the cosmetic nurse.

• Take home medication and dressings if required

• 24 hour helpline directly to the hospital 

• Round the clock cover for all our patients seven days a week. This service means that if something unexpected happens and your own surgeon cannot be contacted, another of our consultants will be available to continue your care.

Source
rhy_fach
rhy_fach
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

SICK to the back teeth with SPIRE's aftercare !! Empty Re: SICK to the back teeth with SPIRE's aftercare !!

Post by Jen23 6th November 2014, 10:10 am

Im going with spire too but in Solihull, they have been a nightmare so far! Doesn't fill me with much faith for my care whilst im in there to be honest :(
Hopefully the nurses will be better than the desk staff. Im 4 days away and still haunt managed to get through to someone who will actually take my money. Grr! Yesterday was on hold twice, once for 20 mins, once for 15. Left a message saying I want to pay and nobody has called me back. They all just seem a bit vague x
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 791

Back to top Go down

Post by ambzdee94 6th November 2014, 10:29 am

rhy_fach wrote:It does seem pretty vague...

We want you to be delighted with the results of your cosmetic treatment and our aftercare package is here to support you following your treatment.
The care you receive after surgery is every bit as important as your pre-operative consultation and the operation itself. Enjoy peace of mind with our personalised and comprehensive aftercare programme tailored to your specific needs.
Aftercare includes:

• All follow up appointments with your consultant and the cosmetic nurse.

• Take home medication and dressings if required

• 24 hour helpline directly to the hospital 

• Round the clock cover for all our patients seven days a week. This service means that if something unexpected happens and your own surgeon cannot be contacted, another of our consultants will be available to continue your care.

Source

Yes it VERY!!!

Jen23 wrote:Im going with spire too but in Solihull, they have been a nightmare so far! Doesn't fill me with much faith for my care whilst im in there to be honest :(
Hopefully the nurses will be better than the desk staff. Im 4 days away and still haunt managed to get through to someone who will actually take my money. Grr! Yesterday was on hold twice, once for 20 mins, once for 15. Left a message saying I want to pay and nobody has called me back. They all just seem a bit vague x

i cant fault spire realy its just the daft customer service people, there :doh: :doh: .

- when i spoke wioth my surgeon he said my implants were lifetime warranty of rupture and if i was to have complication and if i needed to have anything done he wouldn't charge for a re-op but the hospital might.

the hospital are just not telling me anything. if i dont get some real information soon, im gonnah threaten to cancel , because i am within my rights to know this!!!

xx
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 6th November 2014, 10:41 am

Have a think about this . If you are feeling unhappy with the service you are getting then go elsewhere. Remember you are paying for this. You need to feel happy beforehand. Xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by ambzdee94 6th November 2014, 10:45 am

I do feel happy & i cant wait for my surgery , i know i will get looked after, im just sick of the customer services advisers telling me its in the terms and condition booklet when its not. I know deep down and trust Spire & my surgeon as a company to sort it out if i was to have any problems but i would like it in black and white. 

xx
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 6th November 2014, 10:48 am

That's good then . Some people have no customer service skills and are not sensative enough!! I hope you get it in black and white. It's good you trust your surgeon . Xxxxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ambzdee94 6th November 2014, 11:06 am

i will get it , i wlll just pester them haha!
xx
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 6th November 2014, 11:22 am

Yes sometimes we have to become a nuisance to get what we want xxxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 6th November 2014, 12:13 pm

I was told that you get a year with spire so any issues would be covered during that time but afterwards hospital costs won't be recovered. Your surgeon may or may not cover you for longer bit any re op after a year would incur hospital costs, even if your surgeon doesn't charge and you get free replacement implants.
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 6th November 2014, 12:39 pm

My hospital feed are £3500 and surgeon fees £2000 x
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ambzdee94 6th November 2014, 1:36 pm

Mammamia wrote:I was told that you get a year with spire so any issues would be covered during that time but afterwards hospital costs won't be recovered. Your surgeon may or may not cover you for longer bit any re op after a year would incur hospital costs, even if your surgeon doesn't charge and you get free replacement implants.

I was told a year too. im waiting for a email back so hopefully they can clear this up for me.

x
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 6th November 2014, 2:24 pm

Im Lucky enough to have been given 2 years insurance by my surgeon as he is baaps registered. Maybe you could ask about that? X
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 6th November 2014, 2:24 pm

Oh, I think its called the aesthetic surgery commitment or something x
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ambzdee94 6th November 2014, 2:41 pm

My surgeon is BAAPs, ill give him an email asking xx
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ambzdee94 6th November 2014, 3:03 pm

So received this email back: 

Dear Amber,

Thanks for your email and I’m sorry that you feel our Terms and Conditions don’t answer your particular query.

Essentially the decision as to whether or not a complication is classed as clinical complication as a direct result of surgery (the resolution of which would be covered by the original Inclusive Care package) is reliant on your consultant’s clinical opinion.

For areas such as capsular contracture (CC) there is no hard and fast rule and each case is assessed on its individual merits with input from the consultant surgeon.  Capsular contracture can occur soon after surgery and be determined as a clinical complication, in which case we would make no charge if revision surgery or treatment was required.  However, after a breast implant has been in situ for a number of years capsular contracture can develop and can be considered a normal development of this procedure.  As you will know from your consultations with Mr Erdmann, it is a general recommendation that implants are replaced after a certain number of years as the body develops and changes around the implant.  This is deemed as a normal development and would not be classed as a clinical complication as a result of surgery and therefore is not covered under the terms of your Inclusive Care package.

With regards to the other risks that you have mentioned in your enquiry, I can only seek to reassure you that as you are aware, any clinical complication that is deemed a result of your surgery would be covered in full by your Inclusive Care package and no further costs would be incurred.  This again would be following consultation and recommendation from your operating surgeon.

I hope this answers your query to your satisfaction.

So what would be next Step? Should I ask what the inclusive care package is , sorry I'm a pain but need someone who's older and more knowledgeable to suggest something for me haha 
X
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 6th November 2014, 3:53 pm

I would ask how long the inclusive care package lasts. I suspect 12 months. But otherwise I agree with what they are saying, a complication as a result of surgery, such as early cc, infection, bleeding, implant not being in the right position would be covered. But as time goes on and you get an issue such as rupture or cc 7 years later that's not, as it's an expected possibility and not a complication of surgery. Don't take my word for it though, you need to feel comfortable. Might be best to discuss the content of the email with your surgeon face to face?
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

SICK to the back teeth with SPIRE's aftercare !! Empty email back about aftercare

Post by ambzdee94 6th November 2014, 3:53 pm

this was the email back about my aftercare

Dear Amber

Thanks for your email and I’m sorry that you feel our Terms and Conditions don’t answer your particular query.
Essentially the decision as to whether or not a complication is classed as clinical complication as a direct result of surgery (the resolution of which would be covered by the original Inclusive Care package) is reliant on your consultant’s clinical opinion.

For areas such as capsular contracture (CC) there is no hard and fast rule and each case is assessed on its individual merits with input from the consultant surgeon.  Capsular contracture can occur soon after surgery and be determined as a clinical complication, in which case we would make no charge if revision surgery or treatment was required.  However, after a breast implant has been in situ for a number of years capsular contracture can develop and can be considered a normal development of this procedure.  As you will know from your consultations with Mr Erdmann, it is a general recommendation that implants are replaced after a certain number of years as the body develops and changes around the implant.  This is deemed as a normal development and would not be classed as a clinical complication as a result of surgery and therefore is not covered under the terms of your Inclusive Care package.

With regards to the other risks that you have mentioned in your enquiry, I can only seek to reassure you that as you are aware, any clinical complication that is deemed a result of your surgery would be covered in full by your Inclusive Care package and no further costs would be incurred.  This again would be following consultation and recommendation from your operating surgeon.
I hope this answers your query to your satisfaction

So what would be next Step? Should I ask what the inclusive care package is , sorry I'm a pain but need someone who's older and more knowledgeable to suggest something for me haha 
X
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 6th November 2014, 4:33 pm

That's about the same as my aftercare . Xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 6th November 2014, 4:36 pm

That about sums up my aftercare as well . Xxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 6th November 2014, 10:40 pm

I personally wouldn't accept this. Take a look at say, THG aftercare. They have some clear guidelines that you can work with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Theres also the additional insurance you can take out with your surgeon for BAAPS only. It cost a little more, but some girls think its worth it. Im not clear on the deets, but have a look here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Ask your surgeon directly re this, it wont be a Spire thing.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by ambzdee94 7th November 2014, 9:25 am

Yeah they all have really good aftercare like to last long. but tbh i dont want to go with anyone else than spire.

i did ask what my "Inclusive Care Package is" and had an email back saying " An inclusive car package covers you for life for any clinical complication that is deemed to be direct result of the surgery"?
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 7th November 2014, 10:32 am

I think that's consistent then. They cover you for anything that is considered a complication of the initial surgery, but bear in mind that something occurring years down the line would likely be judged by the consultant as 'normal' rather than a complication.
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down