Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SO SO ANNOYED!!!

+4
mirren001
samlr87
WOOWOO55
Lindalocket
8 posters

Go down

SO SO ANNOYED!!!  Empty SO SO ANNOYED!!!

Post by Lindalocket 4th October 2014, 11:17 am

I am absolutely fuming to say the least!!!! Went for my pre-op on Wednesday and had to have my bloods taken as iv been on Ibruphen x3 daily since I last saw my original surgeon as thats what he suggested for the pain on the swelling. The problems is Ibruphen thins your blood which i didnt know and all patients are adviced to stop taking these sorts of medication atleast 2 weeks before the op. So they rang me yday and had to cancel my op bcos my blood wont clot, I was HYSTERICAL to say the least!! They said theres nothing we can do its up to your GP to solve the problem then put it in writing that Im safe to have the procedure. As you know its the weekend now so nothing can be done till atleast monday. I rang Abbey pines this morning and told her how annoyed i was bcos it was the surgeon that suggested the ibruphen and i must have been back to their clinic about 8 times in the past month & not one person has picked up on the fact that I was still taking the medication although its written in black & white in my notes "take until further notice". OH and thats not the worst part, I now have to wait until NOVEMBER bcos there are no available slots unless I see a different surgeon. I felt like going up to the clinic this morning & ripping everone of their heads off!! Im so so annoyed... Now what do i do? Baring in mind im still off work why iv been waiting for this, I have a mortgage to pay !! Sorry to rant but im  steaming!!
Lindalocket
Lindalocket
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

SO SO ANNOYED!!!  Empty Re: SO SO ANNOYED!!!

Post by WOOWOO55 4th October 2014, 12:16 pm

omg thats terrible i knew about abrophen and also no vitimans or garlic suplaments to not be taken 2weeks before simple error massive overlook,really feel for u hun carnt belive its happened xx
WOOWOO55
WOOWOO55
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 302

Back to top Go down

Post by samlr87 4th October 2014, 12:46 pm

Oh you poor thing :( thats terrible and your surgeon surely should of known this and advised you to stop taking.I dont know what to say hun *big hugs*
samlr87
samlr87
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 247

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 4th October 2014, 1:35 pm

So sorry to hear there has been this mix up with info you have been given for your meds!    
The General advice is to stop taking these meds 2 weeks before a planned surgery ,your clinic knows this & should have advised you of this.
There is nothing I or anyone can say that will make you feel any better having your op cancelled like this  at last minute & can understand why you are fuming at this happening..
As the advice is to stop meds 2 weeks prior to surgery I would imagine that after this you would be ok by then so can't see why the are having you go to your GP to get the go ahead  for op, surely the clinic should be dealing with this as it was their  surgeons advise that led to this mistake.
What has happened can't be changed so try to focus on getting your new date & preparing for this op, perhaps see if they can consider you for any cancellation that may come up prior to your new date.
I am not sure how the clinics complaints produce works but maybe something you may  wish to also consider, hopefully someone on here will have some advise on this.
Sending you a big hug!     Hug XXX

I
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindalocket 4th October 2014, 2:15 pm

It's just been horrendous, I was really really nervous about this revision and built myself up for it :( Iv really had enough of all this, im actually thinking of having the things removed completely, no way can i go through with all this again if it was to happen in another two and a half years. Im really annoyed that I have to wait to till November, which there is no way im doing that! I'm still in pain and discomfort & not to mention the obvious difference in size due to the swelling. Iv stoped taking the ibruphen now since wed & my boob has just gone huge again & even more sore :( As far as complaining I dont want to do that incase they cancel all together or finish me off whilst im under a GA lol In terms of seeing another surgeon I suppose that's possible, but the fact that I would of  had 3 different surgeons dealing with this matter over the past month raises massive alarm bells in terms of break down of communication (which has clearly already happened) and lack of continuity. Also its a 64mile trip for me which iv done god knows how many times in the past month, so ill have to do that again to meet my new surgeon & to have another pr-op and again for the surgery. Arghh this is a mess! I got my results back from the doctor last night at 6.15pm, they showed up that everything was fine! But bcos they closed at 6.30 they wasnt willing to fax the paper work over bcos they had almost finished for the day. So i rang transform this morning to see if they could take my bloods but the nurse was working "back to back" and couldnt spare and extra 10mins to do my bloods. I feel like im doing everything possible to get this sorted and they arnt helping me what so ever.... Im at a stage now where iv just given up, cant be doing with all the aggravation hissy hissy hissy
Lindalocket
Lindalocket
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 4th October 2014, 6:26 pm

I really feel for you for what you have been going through,       Hug  
I didn't realise that your bloods were ok, I thought they had come back as not clotting properly, so the op could have went ahead as planned had  the results being faxed through or another blood test being done by clinic today?
As far as complaints are concerned , if you contact your PCC she should be able to email you details on how you go about it, don't worry about making a complaint I'm sure you are not the 1st & well within your rights to do so.
Contact your PCC 1st thing Monday morning as you can't be suffering the pain & swelling much longer, it's just not on.
  fingers crossed    Crossed you get something sorted out very soon! XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 4th October 2014, 7:16 pm

Really feel for you. Try to stay positive. If they've done bloods they can surely analyse them to check clotting factors are all normal. Your gp could also ask your local hospital to do this and based on the results give his permission (although not sure how long this will take). Your clinic messed up, make them do it. The guidance is the guidance and obviously the requirement, but on a case by case basis they can assess people individually, it's just more cost and bother for them.dont give up it. And what ever happens it will be worth it xx
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 4th October 2014, 9:52 pm

Not all people need to stop taking ibrufen it's down to each individual person I sometimes live on it to help thin my blood as I have a blood clotting condition that can clot my blood causing large clots that travel, I have had miscarriagea and prem babies so ibrufen can help this. 

Did you ask your surgeon why he let you have ur bloods done while in it? Is it def down to this ans can't be anything else, I get where the surgeon is coming from in cancelling your reop IF your blood isn't clotting properly for whatever reason that's not great for any op  not that that will make you feel any better 

I had a reop postponed cause of my blood and I really felt Exactly like you are as I had plucked up any courage about to do it. I knew it has to be done as the pain was unbearable at times as I had grade 4 cc

I'm looking at another reop and not sure I'm ready for it

Maybe when your gp.opens it can be sorted? xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 4th October 2014, 9:53 pm

Sorry I thought your bloods never came back clotting? xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kezjb 5th October 2014, 7:40 am

Sounds awful Hun :( it's so horrible when you do everything you can and its taken out of your hands.

If it's not safe to operate, it isnt safe, though I'd be the same as you. 

Hope it's all resolved soon xxx
kezjb
kezjb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindalocket 5th October 2014, 12:25 pm

Sorry for the confusion ladies, i was having such a rant i missed details out. I had my pre-op on Wednesday and they took my bloods, they rang me Thursday to say my red platelets where far too low & i need to contact my GP ASAP -sending me into a frantic panic thinking im going to die or something lol So Friday I had my bloods taken by my GP as an "urgent" request and got the results back the same day at 6.15pm. The results came back fine although they wasn't willing to fax the paper work over to Transform as they were ready for closing  sad smile So Saturday morning I rang the LAb at my local hospital and spoke to a lady who was very helpful & explained she wasn't able to fax the blood results over to Transform as they have a "no fax policy" but was willing to give the results over the phone. I then spoke to the manager at Transform & was not willing to accept this over the phone or for the nurse to take my bloods as she was too busy working "back to back", she also said it was too late anyway & had cancelled my bed  hissy I have to wait for Monday now for the doctor to fax over a letter saying im fit for surgery & to wait for the next appointment. Im so so so angry! My surgeon who suggested for me to take the Ibruphen left the company completely due to "personal reasons" so i was assigned to a new surgeon who clearly hadn't picked up on the fact i was still taking the Ibruphen although its written in my notes. Not only  I had seen him twice, the manager & my coordinator on several occasions & not one of them had clearly read my notes to see that I was still taking this medication, I didnt know it thinned your blood, I was just following the advice given by my orginal surgeon as it seemed to be helping with the swelling & pain. SO now iv got to see yet another surgeon if i want the revision to be done before November. PFFFTT Lets hope the new surgeon can read growl   x
Lindalocket
Lindalocket
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 5th October 2014, 1:55 pm

Hope everything goes well Monday morning & a plan set in place to get you the surgery you so need  & resolve the issues you are having, sooner rather than later!   Hug     XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 5th October 2014, 6:38 pm

Aw thats all just messy isnt I do get that they wont operate for your own health again not that that will make you feel any better I know, ive been there

Let us know how it goes on monday xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonderwoman1 5th October 2014, 6:40 pm

Good luck for Monday xx
Wonderwoman1
Wonderwoman1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 382

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 5th October 2014, 7:13 pm

Good luck tomorrow....I'd be very surprised if inbetween tomorrow and last Wednesday they'd been able to fill your space...I think the nurse sounds like a *****!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down