Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I keep a sports bra on for 6 weeks??!!!

+10
kati1236
B'sboobs
Purple123
Odhams3
MrsCheese
Charlii
Mammamia
Princess_x
kezjb
SammiH
14 posters

Go down

How do I keep a sports bra on for 6 weeks??!!! Empty How do I keep a sports bra on for 6 weeks??!!!

Post by SammiH 28th June 2014, 8:56 am

I have no idea how I'm going to keep a sports bras on for 6 weeks. It's Day 2 and I already want out!
I think I'm just not use to wearing tight garments I think. I'm pretty sure the sizing is ok, it's just that it's constantly on me. I just want to take it off and let them free!
Did you take yours off for a few minutes a day or something?
Don't get me started on these compression socks either - 2 weeks in this weather?!! Initially the nurse said 2-3 days but then they corrected themselves to 2 weeks.

Apart from that I'm just REALLY bruised. Under my arms and between my boobs is black. I'm not in any real pain yet, just uncomfortable at the moment.
SammiH
SammiH
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 171

Back to top Go down

How do I keep a sports bra on for 6 weeks??!!! Empty Re: How do I keep a sports bra on for 6 weeks??!!!

Post by kezjb 28th June 2014, 10:46 am

In the good boob bible the author says it you feel more comfortable without a bra to take it off.
But in my aftercare it says I MUST wear a bra 24/7 for 2 weeks and the two weeks following if I want to take it off I can only do it at night. So I suppose I had better do what they say as don't want to invalidate my aftercare. 
Have you another bra you could try? 
I'm sure the other ladies who've been there will be be more help.
kezjb
kezjb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

How do I keep a sports bra on for 6 weeks??!!! Empty Re: How do I keep a sports bra on for 6 weeks??!!!

Post by Princess_x 28th June 2014, 12:10 pm

Some girls have to wear a sports bra for 3 months! (I did). 24/7 does mean 24/7 so it's not advisable to take it off for 'breaks' etc. 2 weeks seems a long time in the socks, 1 week is usually the max x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 28th June 2014, 12:17 pm

I wasn't given any instructions re the socks.... Not sure if they forgot to tell me to continue wearing them but I took them off when I left hospital. Hope that's ok. I'm guessing it's most important to wear them at night or when you're resting
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 28th June 2014, 12:19 pm

One day at a time I'm afraid. It's going to be uncomfortable and take some getting used to. Do you have two? I would wash one, wear one, so had a brief moment when changing for a quick baby wipe bath, bit of moisturiser round the back and sides, then into the clean one. 

The compressions socks are horrible, I was told a week but just could not do it. I compromised with hubs in the end, wore them just at night as long as I kept moving through the day. It's just to prevent any clotting, dvts etc. As long as you're mobile it should be ok. 

You're a couple days in, so I'm going to warn you - the next two days will be the worst as the GA starts leaving your body, so be prepared for the booby blues. Not trying to scare you, just want you to be ready for it, it's going to be sore and emotional. 

You must follow your aftercare instructions for you, as they have been tailored specifically for you. If you're found to have deviated at all, they'll invalidate your aftercare in a second. 6wks isn't too bad, it'll be done before you know it. I had 8-12 in my sports bra, plus the first 6 in a compression band last June! You can do it, you just have to be patient and think how awesome they're gonna look on the other side!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsCheese 28th June 2014, 1:35 pm

I had to wear my sports bra for 12 weeks and finally got signed off on Wednesday to start wearing a normal bra. The sports bra was hard to begin with but once I got the one that suited me it was fine. It is definitely worth wearing it 24/7 as I am so so pleased with the result I have. Actually I am missing my sports bra now, it's like a comfort blanket. Wearing proper bras scares me a bit, as with the sports bra they are nice and protected. I have still been wearing it to bed at night xx
MrsCheese
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 381

Back to top Go down

Post by Odhams3 28th June 2014, 1:45 pm

I'm going to Vegas next Thursday only 2weeks and 2 days post op! Gotta wear my socks the whole way and the night I arrive!!!! And then again back iv only just got out of them lol i only take my bra off to shower or put a clean 1 on but my god I hate my bras lol at night when I put pjs on I think omg I just want that ahhhh feeling lol 
But gotta do what I gotta do for my new perfect boobies xxx
Odhams3
Odhams3
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by SammiH 28th June 2014, 2:24 pm

Thanks ladies, I guess I'll just get used to the bras. I think part of the problem is that I haven't been wearing a properly fitted bra for years, tight around the band. I've only ever been fitted in m&s and you know how good they are!
I know it's important for my new bookies so I won't take it off until I'm told I can. Sure in a few weeks this bra will be my best friend!! X
SammiH
SammiH
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple123 28th June 2014, 3:10 pm

Wow Odham, Vegas!! I'd love to go... never been!
Do you think you will be a bit sore 2 weeks post op? Make sure you take it easy sweetie!!  Hug
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 196

Back to top Go down

Post by Odhams3 28th June 2014, 4:19 pm

Yep I'm a little worried! My uncle lives there and is getting married it's all last minute thou so crap timing iv booked special assistance and think I'm prepared but I'm very nervous! 
I will be sight seeing and Grand Canyon that's it for me no wild party's swimming sunbathing -- the most fun stuff lol 
But I get to see family and sights so it's cool I suppose xxx
Odhams3
Odhams3
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 28th June 2014, 4:55 pm

Odhams, I don't want to be a debbie-downer but have you checked your aftercare? There's rules re flying so close post op, especially long hall and they don't normally let you do it until 8-12wk. I would check where you stand with your clinic.
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Odhams3 28th June 2014, 5:16 pm

Yeah I have been given the all clear to fly with special instructions as the flight was booked before I went under the knife, 
The worry is blood clots... My incisions are healed fine enough to fly, and with special assistance I'm not ever doing anything
Iv got special instructions for the flight and it's not 1 straight flight I have a stop over in the middle xx
Odhams3
Odhams3
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 28th June 2014, 5:55 pm

Wow have a great time!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by B'sboobs 28th June 2014, 6:08 pm

Sammi, I agree with charli about the socks- if you're mobile enough during the day you'll probably be ok (obviously you SHOULD do what you've been told though). I took mine off when I got home. As far as the bra goes, I felt exactly the same, I hadn't ever had a properly fitted bra and it felt so tight to begin with. You'll have swelling still though so maybe feel better in a week or so. It'll all be worth it in the end xx
B'sboobs
B'sboobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 28th June 2014, 6:56 pm

Ah ok, as long as you've been given the ok for it. Word of advice, early on its going to feel like there's a pressure building in your chest making them a lil achy. I didn't get it for this last Canada trip, but I felt it at 6m direct to Vegas, and at 10m to portugal. Just a kinda heavy achy feeling. Some feel it, some don't. Special assistance is great, they do look after you, I had it on the way home from CA. If they're getting sore, don't be afraid to ask for a bag of ice in a pillow case to ease it, that's what they did for me and my ankles (sorry for the hijack. Vegas is awesome btw, I went for xmas!)
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Odhams3 1st July 2014, 7:42 am

Thank you for that heads up! 
I will take my asthma pump in my bag as usual but now at least if it happens I won't start to absolutely panic, 
I will come on And let u know how I get along on the flight lol 
I'm really excited even if I won't be doing 2 much :) still be fab to see family and do the tourist thing! Any suggestions welcomed 
And thank you for the advice Charlie much appreciated xxxx
Odhams3
Odhams3
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kati1236 1st July 2014, 12:49 pm

I struggled wearing my compression bra when I first had my op, it would drive me crazy, I would take it off for 15mins every night, as you are allowed to shower and such so are allowed it off to do that, so I didn't see the problem with taking it off for breaks, plus to check them out and make sure they looked ok.
As the weeks went on I ended up taking mine off for an hour or so as they got so achey being confined for so long, but that's just me. Phone up and ask if its ok to take it off for breaks, my clinic said it was fine.
It will soon be time where it will be off and you can wear fancy bras and such, even at 4 months post op I found myself wearing my sports bras to bed just for comfort and ease of mind so second time around wearing my compression bra isn't bothering me quite as much :)
just think of it for the sake of wonderful boobies :D
kati1236
kati1236
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 753

Back to top Go down

Post by Franbo 1st July 2014, 7:32 pm

I wear a sports bra at work every day and by the time I come home in the evening I am dying to take it off. Wearing one 24/7 makes me go  seeing stars 

The hot weather probably doesn't help I guess.

Keep ploughing on (or should that be in?!)

xx
Franbo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 223

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonmcc1979 1st July 2014, 9:11 pm

I've had my binder on for just over 24 hours and it's driving me mental already... 6 weeks I've got this bad boy for! We'd best get liking each other soon! Xx
sharonmcc1979
sharonmcc1979
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Soosie73 18th July 2014, 9:20 pm

I was advised to wear high impact sports bras for 6 weeks then I could wear wires but I found for another month or so after that I felt wires started to aggravate at work (hairdresser) so just opted for sports bras till I fully felt comfortable . I was used to sports bras anyway as a frequent gym goer and even still 6 months on if I've been lifting particularly heavy I'll sleep in one just for extra support .
Soosie73
Soosie73
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by betterboobies 25th July 2014, 8:23 am

I found some really comfy sports bras in Asda and they didnt bother me one bit. After the six weeks check they were gone and i was out buying new bras. I didnt have to wear the socks though only for my overnight stay in the hospital. I too went to Vegas but it was 10 weeks after the op and i was advised to put my socks on for the flight which i did. My surgeon told me it would be 6 weeks before i could do a long haul flight. Anyway good luck and enjoy Vegas its one of my fave places x
betterboobies
betterboobies
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down