Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My background story and consultation updates

+4
kdeee
Mammamia
Charlii
Purple123
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My background story and consultation updates Empty My background story and consultation updates

Post by Purple123 2nd June 2014, 4:49 pm

I've recently been in a horrible situation with work, a really evil manager  sad smile 
This has left me in the situation where I am currently on garden leave and looking for a new job!
This does however mean I can easily take some recovery time out to have my op and spend lots of time researching surgeons and clinics. I'm looking to book around July 6th onwards.

Over the last 6 months I've been doing a lot more exercise and whilst I've not really lost weight (that wasn't the goal) I have toned up a huge amount and put on muscle. Unfortunately my boobs shrank so my 34Bs have gone down to a 34A/B. See my avatar...

So last week I had 3 appointments in one day... I'll post about the consultations now, moderators please move my post if I've put it in the wrong section xx
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 196

Back to top Go down

My background story and consultation updates Empty Re: My background story and consultation updates

Post by Purple123 2nd June 2014, 4:58 pm

First appointment was with Harley Medical Group at their clinic in Marlow. 

I was really impressed upon arrival, it's a lovely old converted building and the clinic reception was very plush and professional receptionist. They use qualified nurses in the first consultation and the lady I met with was very friendly and even showed me how small the scars on her boobs are following her op!
She had a look at me and asked reasons for wanting the op etc. We also had a look at the different implants, she was quite dismissive of the teardrop shape and put that aside almost immediately.
We had a good conversation and I asked a lot of questions, I didn't feel rushed/pressured in any way at all. She said she would match me to Enrique Persson (who had done her op) and the cost would be for £150 for the consultation with him.
Overall I felt positive and excited after the meeting!! My boob journey had begun  dance 

She also gave me:
Surgeon's CV
Mentor implant leaflet
Patient costing summary including dates available for surgery
T's and C's

After some research I understand that HMG have been pretty poor in their aftercare, especially with the PIP ladies and at this point I haven't booked to meet with Enrique Persson.
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

My background story and consultation updates Empty Re: My background story and consultation updates

Post by Purple123 2nd June 2014, 5:24 pm

Next up I headed to Reading to meet with Transform.
I had a bit of a nightmare finding them but got there in the end...  It's quite a small office, the receptionist was friendly (they were running a bit late).
I was shown into a TINY little room to meet with the patient care co ordinator.
She went through some very basic information and I asked my usual questions.
It was a bit strange though, she seemed a bit disinterested/not quite there, as if she had been high?! Maybe it was just her personality! 
I didn't feel pressurised but did ask her if the price was negotiable which she said she would ask about.

I did also find it strange that she hand wrote the prices down in my notebook and when I asked her for the overnight costs she ummed and ahhed because she wasn't sure. 

I was also a bit confused by their aftercare, she said you can have the basic 3 year aftercase and warranty for the CUI and Allergan implants or pay £150 which increases the aftercare on the Allergan to 6 years for aftercare and 10 years on the Allergan warranty.
I'm going to double check this.

Despite the slightly odd meeting I have heard good things about Ms Fuimara so I've booked to meet her.

I left with:
Linda Fuimara's Profile
Transform's March 2014 Terms and conditions booklet
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple123 2nd June 2014, 5:37 pm

Finally last week I met with Anthony Armstrong @ Spire Dunedin hospital in Reading.

I was a bit surprised when I got to the consultation rooms - whereas somewhere like Harley Medical Group is obviously for cosmetic surgery, Spire deals with all sorts of treatments. I had contacted the Spire hospital directly and at the reception was asked for a scan of my credit card. I asked what it was for and she said to guarantee payment of treatment. I explained that I had just come for a consultation so headed to the waiting room.
Mr Armstrong was running late but his assistant did come and explain that she was calling him to find out how long he would be, she was very polite and apologetic.
He was only about 10 minutes late in the end and I went into the appointment with both Mr Armstrong and his assistant. He went through the basic info, checked my breasts and advised that due to size I would need to have partials.
I then got to put on a sports bra and fill with some implants (like chicken fillets)! This was fun and we started with 360cc and also looked at 345cc and 375cc.
The end of the consultation he also gave me dates that he was available for surgery and his assistant said I could come back as many times as I liked to try the sizers on, perhaps with a few favourite tops/dresses.
I felt this was the most successful appointment of the day as I had met a surgeon and hadn't been 'sold' to by a Nurse/PCC. There are also lots of fab things about Mr Armstrong too.
I had a phone call a few days later with the costs which are higher than Transform and Harley Medical Group so far.
A bit of a surprise in the post today was a £150 invoice for the consultation! At no point had I been advised there was a fee... shall I pay it!?
After the day of meetings and lots of booby talk I came away feeling that I would definitely meet with the Transform surgeon and also look at a few other options.
So, this week on Wednesday I'm going to be a busy girl! In London I've got an initial consultation with MYA, meeting Paul Tulley @ Mybreast (cost £25) and Adriano Seno @ The Hospital Group as well as heading back to Reading in the evening to meet with Ms Fuimara @ Transform.
I'll post more updates after Wednesday!
xx
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 2nd June 2014, 6:49 pm

Great to hear about all your consults. I went to transform reading, some highnosed b*tch read off the website to me then asked when I'd like to put a deposit down. Um how bout never! Spire will cost more as its a private medical practice and not a commercial clinic. But Mr Armstrong has a good rep I hear. I think they take the 150 from the total if you go with them, but you generally have to pay for private BAAPS surgeons. It might even be that you get 3 consults from it, call and check. 

I went with thg London, and can't fault them. But you got to so what's best. Like I said before though make sure you don't overload yourself!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple123 2nd June 2014, 7:25 pm

Thanks Charlii, I've got the list of questions that have been posted here so have a different sheet for each company so I don't get confused!
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 2nd June 2014, 7:57 pm

Wow I wish I had you to do my research for me lol! Hope the rest of yours go well. I'm going with spire as I preferred the private medical practice approach versus a commercial clinic! Let us know how you get on! Ps. Where can I get your stomach muscles from?!!!!!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple123 2nd June 2014, 8:11 pm

Thanks Mammamia! Are you going to have your op at Spire in Reading? 
I'm not working at the moment so lots of time on my hands! And because I'm going to be going fairly quickly from consult to surgery (about a month) I want to make sure I look at all the options  yes 

Did you get a good price from Spire?
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 2nd June 2014, 9:03 pm

No spire tunbridge wells! Their prices depend on surgeon and hospital....unfortunately I picked a surgeon I knew who v expensive as i thought I'd just have a consultation for his advice/opinion not intending to use him...but he's the one I've trusted most and feel most comfortable with so going with him!! That coupled with having to use tunbridge wells as I could only do a few dates and that is where the surgeon happened to be, meant I'm paying more than i originally wanted!! But I feel happy with my choices and didn't want to look back and think I wish I spent more and went with my first choice. Just hope it pays off and I love them!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple123 2nd June 2014, 9:24 pm

I might end up doing the same! 
I'm sure they will come out lovely, what's your op date?
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 2nd June 2014, 9:32 pm

18th June, got my pre-op tomorrow so v excited!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple123 2nd June 2014, 9:45 pm

Woop woop!! Do you have a thread on here with your stats?
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 2nd June 2014, 9:52 pm

No I'm quite new so haven't figured it all out! Currently 34aa (barely!) size 10/12 5ft6 hoping for a 34c/d and most likely having 300 or 330cc! I'll know more after my appt tomorrow but I'm relatively limited as have a narrow breast width (11cm) but not worried about them being huge, just wanted something!!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 2nd June 2014, 10:38 pm

Hi hun.
Re Mr. Armstrong and Spire- I'm afraid they always have charged £150 consultation fee, which is non refundable but you can see him again if you wish to book with him and then they won't charge you. He is one of the best and leading BAAPS surgeons according to his CV and reputation.

I met with Ms. Fiumara too and she likes the natural look and will not let you go bigger than she can safely let you go.

You will have to go with the surgeon that you click with the most and who listens to you and gives you their time. 
I went with transform and besides booking the surgery I haven't dealt with them. The nurse Eileen at Reading has been fab- she replies to emails quick and was really good so I had no need to speak to PCC! 

Good luck finding the right person for you xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 928

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 3rd June 2014, 11:48 am

hi not been on the forum in ages but im normally a regular lol having had a BA and then a reop and looking at another reop I would def say that you need to get A, a good surgeon and B, check that aftercare, even the small print and ask what grade the CC covers etc and if theres a problem that goes along with CC is that covered too

good luck in your up and coming appointments xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple123 3rd June 2014, 1:30 pm

Thanks Tinkerbell, I've been suggested similar to your first op 360cc partials. You've had a really hard time of it with your re ops from the sound of it! It's good that you're here to five advice and I've of the things this forum has helped me understand is not to ignore the risks but to make sure you're covered for them x
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 4th June 2014, 10:52 am

You have been busy! Take your time there's no rush! ..lol  it's easy to get caught up in the excitement of wanting to have your BA, when you find the right surgeon you will know, space out your consultations and give yourself plenty time to consider all your options. XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple123 6th June 2014, 11:38 am

Right! So Wednesday was pretty busy with 4 appointments. I decided as I was going to be in London for the day and pay £40 for a train ticket I should make the most of it!

First up was MYA (Make Yourself Amazing) at their new facility in Fitzroy Square. It's a nice looking place and whilst I only saw the reception area and consultation room off it, they do their surgeries there as well. I met with a PCC, she was friendly enough but didn't know the details about aftercare that I was looking for. 
Also I found it a bit abrupt that as soon as we sat down the first question she asked me was when I had my last period!! I'm not shy but I thought it's quite a personal question and she could have explained her reasons for asking?
She explained that the founders of Transform went on to set up MYA and the price she quoted was negotiable.
She also told me that their website has a forum where you can go and chat/ask questions (although I'm guessing it's heavily moderated)
I was offered appointments with 2 surgeons, Mr Frati and Mr Singh. 
Overall I was disappointed in the meeting due to the sales nature and lack of knowledge by the PCC. Also as I don't live in London I would have to pay £400 to stay overnight or find a local hotel as they recommend you being close the night after the op in case of complications.
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple123 6th June 2014, 11:49 am

Next up I headed to MyBreast to meet Paul Tulley.
The clinic was down a private gated street and very nice inside but quite small. The consultation was with Mr Tulley and the PCC. 
After the initial chat he took lots of measurements and I felt very comfortable talking to him. I tried on the sizers in a sports bra with vest top. He suggested 390cc and I did try the next size up but felt this was too big. We looked at rounds and anatomicals and due to my flat chest wall and this soft tissue (!!) he said anatomicals would be best for me, again he said he would place them as partials (all surgeons have said this so far).
He uses Nagor implants which are a UK company and have a lifetime guarantee against cc.
Ultimately he said that if I went for rounds I would be able to see the top of the implant which is a look that some ladies go for, but if I wanted a natural look then anatomicals were the way to go.
I then went and had a chat with the PCC who went through prices and surgery dates (they can do the surgery in the BMI Runnymede Hosptial which is only half hour drive away. They also use the Highgate) and informed me that their costs are not discountable in any way!
I have been researching and rotation of the anatomical implants is NOT covered by their aftercare although I do have the option of buying the BAAPS insurance that Mr Tulley has which will cover me for 2 years (this is in addition to the MyBreast aftercare).

I was really happy leaving this appointment as I felt I had found my surgeon! I still had 2 more appointments to go though so was interested to see if they also met expectations...
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple123 6th June 2014, 12:01 pm

Third appointment was The Hospital Group. 

Their waiting area was really big! It's an old house so lovely high ceilings and fireplaces. There were lots of people coming and going and a big poster of someone from JLS who went there for teeth whitening. I was about 15 minutes early but was kept waiting about 20 minutes after my appointment time. I asked the receptionist if I had been forgotten and she said 'no of course not' but as soon as the next PCC came into the room she had a quick word and I was taken through, no apology...
Mr Seno was very serious and there was no small talk. They use Allergan Natrelle implants. He suggested partials and 400cc and gave me the option of anatomicals or rounds depending on the look that I wanted. I didn't feel a connection with him and felt more like another customer for him on a busy day.
He took a few measurements and then I was off to see the PCC. She was friendly (of course!) and advised that they use the Dolan Park Hospital in Bromsgrove which is near to Birmingham. Follow up appointments are in London. They do seem to have a good aftercare package but only 3 years for cc. I tried on the sizers with her and she showed me that you can turn the teardrop sizers upside down to give the appearance of rounds.
She gave me prices for CUI, Natrelle Round and Teardrop and quoted £220 for chauffeur transport to and from the Hospital but advised that they could be flexible on price. 
Unfortunately it all felt a bit rushed so off I went to the last appointment of the day.
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple123 6th June 2014, 12:19 pm

Again because of trains I was about 20 minutes early and I was advised on arrival by the receptionist that they were running late. An HOUR later I was seen... and my phone battery had died too so I had no entertainment apart from the quiz show on TV! (although they did let me plug my phone in to charge :)  )
Ms Fuimara was hugely apologetic and I asked her about anatomicals as she was suggesting high profile round partials 310cc. She said she wasn't keen on them and that they don't feel as soft as rounds.
Overall she came across as more conservative than the other surgeons I've met, not only on the size front (I've said to surgeons that I'm looking to be about a D) but she said not to drive for 2 weeks and 3 months before activities such as kitesurfing. 
Because she had recommended partials she also said I would need to stay overnight ideally (I'm happy with staying overnight as I'd rather be close to help in case of complications). She said 95% of her work was BA's and I was very happy with her approach and manner. 
After seeing Ms Fuimara I was taken to see my PCC. I asked her to double check the prices she had given me as last time we met she seemed unsure. She checked them and yes she had given me the wrong prices!! Her reply was that she didn't check as she thought I wouldn't be staying overnight!!
Anyway I got the correct figures and surgery dates and said I would come back to her.
I know lots of girls have had wonderful experiences with Transform and that after booking you can avoid your PCC if you need to but honestly she really annoyed me! 
Also their aftercare isn't as good as some of the other clinics. Ms Fuimara was fantastic though but I had really made my decision after meeting Mr Tulley.

I'm now waiting for confirmation of the BAAPS insurance but I have booked to see Mr Tulley again on Tuesday to try the sizers again (the BF is coming this time too!) as I still need to decide between anatomicals and round. He has a slot on the 8th July which would work perfectly with me as I'd have enough recovery time before holidays and returning back to work.
 dance 
If you've made it to reading to the end of all of my posts then well done! I'm always glad to hear advice and of course answer any questions xx
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SammiH 6th June 2014, 6:45 pm

Wow what a busy day you had!! I think it's great you've found your surgeon, that's a really important decision. I knew within the first 10-15 minutes with mine, that he was the right surgeon for me.
I've really enjoyed reading about your consultations and hope you'll keep us Updated after Tuesday x
SammiH
SammiH
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 6th June 2014, 8:34 pm

no wonder you have a figure like that rushing around all day ha haaa! great you've found the surgeon! let us know how your sizing appt goes!  i saw mr tulley too and thought he was good! only didn't go ahead as wanted to be more local!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple123 9th June 2014, 11:14 pm

I'm off tomorrow afternoon with the BF to see Mr Tulley and try out the sizers again! 
I am so confused about what size to go for. ... I'm having partials and 80% decided on anatomicals- looking at 360-400cc.

I'll let you know how I get on  clap hands 

Also the appointment is at the BMI hospital in Chertsey which is where  my op is so it will be good to check it out!
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple123 10th June 2014, 3:40 pm

I've decided on the XF2 400 anatomical.

So nice to know I have made a decision, and it was so good too to see the hospital and know where I need to go on the day.

Excited....!!!!!
Purple123
Purple123
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next