Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gracelouise Post Op Updates and questions

+5
LJR
CAB321
COOKIE
jenniferrf1
gracelouise
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gracelouise Post Op Updates and questions Empty Gracelouise Post Op Updates and questions

Post by gracelouise 11th October 2013, 10:06 am

Hi Ladies

My surgery was on Wednesday and everything went really well. I posted my full surgery diary which everyone can now read. 

I've been staying at my boyfriends recovering since Thursday morning. I didn't do much at all. Started watching Breaking Bad and a few other films, one being Forrest Gump which ended up with me crying at the end. My best friend came to visit me with flowers and grapes - bless her! I dozed off a couple of times in the day but not that much. Went to bed at 9pm and only woke up at 2am for some more painkillers. Waking up this morning I felt very swollen and tight.

My boyfriend has been brilliant, helping me round the house, making me food and drinks. 

I have a breast band on which i have to wear for 6 weeks, but i'm still not in a sports bra. Mr Alvi wasnt insistent i put one on straight away or anything. Anybody else wait a couple of days before putting their sports bra on?
I've got waterproof dressings on so been told I can shower whenever I like, but just need to be careful of them (i took home extra dressings from the hospital, so when they do come loose i can replace them). So my plan is to have a shower today and get into a sports bra afterwards.

Looking at my new boobies without the breast band on, they don't appear to be riding high as i expected.. has anyone else had this? 

Can anyone tell me how 'easy' they took it the days after their surgery?  As my surgery was under the muscle i feel it's difficult doing much with my arms... I dont want to do too much and heal badly but then i dont want to do too little? does this make sense? 

Any advice would really help me - thank you :) xx
gracelouise
gracelouise
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Gracelouise Post Op Updates and questions Empty Re: Gracelouise Post Op Updates and questions

Post by jenniferrf1 11th October 2013, 10:16 am

Hi grace :) great to see your update!! Congrats on your BA!
Follow all the advice you have been given personally by your surgeon! We have ladies here that don't wear sports bras at all from their surgeons instructions (pink princess springs to my mind) so it's not uncommon :)
I wouldn't say mine were very high but they felt it due to the swelling... Again our body's are all very unique so I'm sure it's right for you :)

As long as your not staying in bed all day take the recovery as you feel is right! I didn't use my arms much for a week because I had very limited movement... When your up and about it will help you feel better and the swelling so take it easy (don't do anything that feels uncomfortable because your in no rush) but take little walks even around the house when you arnt napping as your feel much better :)

Enjoy your shower! I think that's a plus of being used to not being in a sports bra because I felt horrible taking mine off for three weeks so didn't have a proper shower until then!! Lol (was still washing obviously or that would be beyond nasty lol)
Happy healing and keep the updates coming :D xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Gracelouise Post Op Updates and questions Empty Re: Gracelouise Post Op Updates and questions

Post by COOKIE 11th October 2013, 11:02 am

gracelouise wrote:. I have a breast band on which i have to wear for 6 weeks, but i'm still not in a sports bra. Mr Alvi wasnt insistent i put one on straight away or anything. Anybody else wait a couple of days before putting their sports bra on?
Lots of ladies don't have to wear a sportsbra hun, generally those that their surgeons don't feel will benefit from the support of one just yet. Some ladies will never have to wear a sportsbra throughout their entire recovery, some like yourself will be in one a couple of days after surgery and some are right in them straight away.

Each and every one of is different and this is the reason why each of our post-op recovery instructions may be different. Its simply because your instructions are tailored you your recovery babe, so don't worry about what anybody else has.

I've got waterproof dressings on so been told I can shower whenever I like, but just need to be careful of them (i took home extra dressings from the hospital, so when they do come loose i can replace them). So my plan is to have a shower today and get into a sports bra afterwards.
When you're in the shower babe there's no need to 'wash' your boobs. Just allowing the water from the shower to run over your boobs is more than enough to keep them clean. Its most important to ensure they're thoroughly dry after though, so just pat your boobs dry and then pop your hairdryer on a cool setting an gently blow them till they're bone dry babe.

Looking at my new boobies without the breast band on, they don't appear to be riding high as i expected.. has anyone else had this? 
Absolutely normal hun. This generally means you're going to have a good recovery! So consider yourself lucky hun! Not everyone's boobs are high babe, there are some ladies just like yourself although they are few that have a great recovery with none of the hard work of implants dropping - lucky you!

Can anyone tell me how 'easy' they took it the days after their surgery?  As my surgery was under the muscle i feel it's difficult doing much with my arms... I dont want to do too much and heal badly but then i dont want to do too little? does this make sense?

You're fine to do what you feel able hun. There's no need to bubble wrap yourself, do what you can, but if you feel something is hurting - don't do it! And of of course in the early days don't overdo things, just do why you have to and no more, building your strength back up slowly after your surgery.

You'll find you tire easily and you will have your limits babe, but its generally just about being sensible hun and listening yo your own body. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by gracelouise 11th October 2013, 11:35 am

Hi Jennifer,

I've been quite mobile around the house. I managed a quick shower to freshen up. I feel much nicer now. Put a sports bra on but I'm not sure how comfortable I feel in it. I'll see how I get on for the rest of the day.

Generally feeling very well.. 

Thanks Cookie, I knew you'd have some great advice for me :ok: 

It's really early days for me and I'm so impatient - can't wait to see the final results.xx
gracelouise
gracelouise
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th October 2013, 12:24 pm

Awww we're mostly all a little impatient Grace.

No matter how much we read pre-op and feel ready for everything that gets thrown at us post-op, once you're actually there in the moment... WAITING for all these changes, its just sooooo hard isn't it.

So you're not at all alone Grace. I know I've been there hun yes 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CAB321 11th October 2013, 5:25 pm

Hey Grace

Glad to hear you're getting on well. Sounds like you're boyfriend has been really looking after you!! Needs to make up for eating snacks in front of you before your surgery!!

I had to wear a binder for the first week. Had my first follow up appointment today and from now for at least the next three weeks I'm in a support bra, then after that I should be ok for a bra of my choice, but without wires.

I don't think mine are too high either. They seem to have dropped a bit already too. I can only assume that is due to the binder doing its job??

Result on the water proof dressings! Mine were all changed today but I'm still now allowed to shower as one side was a little weepy!!x
CAB321
CAB321
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 542

Back to top Go down

Post by gracelouise 13th October 2013, 12:07 pm

Hi CAB

BF has been very good at taking care of me - I'm a very lucky lady!

I agree on the binder. I think if i wasn't wearing the breast band, they'd maybe find their way up higher on my chest.

Glad to hear they have changed your dressings, i'm sure the weepy side will sort itself out in no time. 

Is your chest still quite tight? Mine still feels very tight.

One other weird thing is, i find myself missing my boobie day. It was such a great experience. Is that odd? x
gracelouise
gracelouise
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gracelouise 13th October 2013, 12:14 pm

Also, forgot to mention; my boobs don't have much sensation at all - just very numb. I know it's normal, just looking forward to the feeling coming back
gracelouise
gracelouise
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 13th October 2013, 12:21 pm

Grace it's very normal to miss your BA day and want to do it all over again!! It's such an amazing experience :)
I'm 5 weeks today and although still numb underneath I've seen a change in sensation so hopefully your start to notice some too! Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 13th October 2013, 2:16 pm

Hi Grace, I too miss my boobie day!  It was such a great day in my eyes.

How lovely you are being very well looked after by your boyfriend.

I am just over two months post BA, and still a little numb in my left boob, but it has gradually got better every week so you are quite normal x
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Specialkj 13th October 2013, 10:12 pm

I am so glad it's not just me re booby day, I want it back again, just not the recovery, been in sports bras for q 12 weeks, but it's such a magical special day. Loved the whole experience xxx
Specialkj
Specialkj
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th October 2013, 11:48 pm

gracelouise wrote:

One other weird thing is, i find myself missing my boobie day. It was such a great experience. Is that odd? x
Lol....not at all. You'll many times read women wanting to do it all over again and sometimes there are women that get addicted to cosmetic surgery because they keep wanting that buzz.

I've said so many times here that the build up to having a BA and BA day really is the best, those feelings just can't be described can they lol an sometimes after surgery it can be a massive come down because it can feel like there's nothing then to look forward to.

The recovery part of the process is the hardest part, but you haven't yet got your final prize! Over the coming months you're going to see your boobs change soooo much and THEN you get your final prize lol... So its not over yet hun. The best is still yet to come. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenxwaves 14th October 2013, 1:16 am

just wanted to say congrats! and take it easy, let this be a time to watch bad tv and soppy movies and eat all you want in bed :) xxx
ravenxwaves
ravenxwaves
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by gracelouise 14th October 2013, 6:50 pm

Thanks for the reassurance that i'm not weird for liking my special day :) 

Today I told my Dad I'd had the surgery. Today he arrived back from a 3 month work trip and I told him my news. I was really scared, but sooo sooo happy he now knows. He was incredibly supportive. Love my dad !

Ravenxwaves - Thanks for the nice message. I have been watching far too much tv, definitely making the most of it and being fussed over :P x
gracelouise
gracelouise
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th October 2013, 6:53 pm

Awwww that's lovely about your dad Grace. Glad all went well babe Heart  xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 14th October 2013, 7:05 pm

Aww that's really nice about your dad :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gracelouise 14th October 2013, 7:08 pm

Thanks Cookie and Jennifer

I decided early on I was only going to tell my boyfriend. I then told my best friend before I booked my surgery date, then told 3 of my other friends, 1 day post op - they were all very supportive too which was nice. Now I've told my Dad I feel even better. I think I was too worried at what they would think (stupidly!) They see I have done this for me and see how happy its made me.

I have to say, my recovery is going really well. My experience so far is brilliant. Life with boobs is GOOD!!!
gracelouise
gracelouise
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 14th October 2013, 7:15 pm

That's really great :) only my mum dad sister and boyfriend know! Really happy your recovery is going well! It's an amazing feeling having bpobs and knowing family are happy for us is great xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th October 2013, 7:19 pm

Yayyyyyyy.... Love a good recovery added to a great time with family and friends!

You're a lucky lady Grace yes xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 15th October 2013, 9:00 pm

Aww congrats hun, hope you continue to heal well xx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 758

Back to top Go down

Post by gracelouise 17th October 2013, 8:14 pm

Hi ladies
It's been a week since my surgery. Feel like I'm recovered. No longer taking pain medication and only suffering from morning boob!
They feel like they are getting softer each day and haven't really been that high to begin with, which I'm pleased about.
My main concern at the moment is my incisions being sooo itchy! Can anyone offer some advice on why they are so itchy and what I can do to help it?
Also when can I start laying flat on my back to sleep ??
Sorry for the questions
Xx
gracelouise
gracelouise
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gracelouise 17th October 2013, 8:14 pm

Hi ladies
It's been a week since my surgery. Feel like I'm recovered. No longer taking pain medication and only suffering from morning boob!
They feel like they are getting softer each day and haven't really been that high to begin with, which I'm pleased about.
My main concern at the moment is my incisions being sooo itchy! Can anyone offer some advice on why they are so itchy and what I can do to help it?
Also when can I start laying flat on my back to sleep ??
Sorry for the questions
Xx
gracelouise
gracelouise
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th October 2013, 8:20 pm

You can start lowering yourself down after about two weeks Grace, IF you feel the swelling has subsided.

The itching is horrible isn't it hun. But it is normal.

You could try taking some Piriton to help, or I found just using icepacks over the tops of my boobs, took the focus away from my incisions and helped much more 'for me'

Don't ever put ice packs directly near your incisions though babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 18th October 2013, 6:02 am

The itching is a sign of healing that they are knitting back together, thankfully it doesn't last too long because it is very annoying! I didn't taken prition but have seen it recommended a lot, like cookie I used the ice packs over the top of my boobs to take the focus away xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisy_Ann 18th October 2013, 7:22 am

Ice packs worked for me as well. The itchyness drives u mental doesn't it but them ice packs worked a treat 

Love Maisy. X
Maisy_Ann
Maisy_Ann
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next