Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anyone else miss doing things they can't now

+14
Blueeyedsoul13
mrsm
Mammamia
MrsCheese
Princess_x
Hellsbells
laural92xx
Charlii
Sahara1981
jessjameson
Amybobs
Newby1987
Galeforce1
loui1981
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

anyone else miss doing things they can't now Empty anyone else miss doing things they can't now

Post by loui1981 19th May 2014, 9:21 pm

Like going to theme parks?  How about contact sports?  Would I be able to take up martial arts?  I used to do fighting at reenactments but even with a body plate I'm pretty sure that would void my aftercare.  basically I'm feeling a little fed up Off wearing an invisible fragile sticker.  Anyone else feel the same?
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

anyone else miss doing things they can't now Empty Re: anyone else miss doing things they can't now

Post by Galeforce1 19th May 2014, 9:48 pm

I only found out about theme parks after and have to say I am genuinely gutted about that guess nothing in life comes for free or without sacrifices, best way to look at it well I think, even my son for instance love him with all my heart but he's not cheap and I sacrificed my lay ins and freedom to do things on a whim, Lol I'm not an early bird! xx
Galeforce1
Galeforce1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 285

Back to top Go down

anyone else miss doing things they can't now Empty Re: anyone else miss doing things they can't now

Post by Newby1987 19th May 2014, 10:24 pm

Are we never allowed on theme park rides ever again?! 

I didn't know this!!!   Shocked 

The thing I'm missing most is my bikram yoga, it really helps with my anxiety and mood in general - as well as keeping me fit & toned! Feel like such a slob these past few weeks!!  But hopefully given a few more weeks I'll be full steam back into it  :-) 

Try think of all the positive things you can do now that you didn't have the confidence to do before Lou  clap hands 

Xxx
Newby1987
Newby1987
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by Amybobs 19th May 2014, 10:40 pm

Didn't know about theme parks either is that forever or once they've settled?

The only thing I'm missing is not being able to sleep on my front x
Amybobs
Amybobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 242

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 20th May 2014, 5:31 am

I'm afraid it voids your aftercare for rupture etc, I recently went and paid full price n was only allowed On the toddler rides.
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jessjameson 20th May 2014, 6:16 am

Well I hate theme parks but I suppose it's a sacrifice we have to make for our boobs and one thats totally worth it. I'd sooner have my big round fakes than go on a roller coaster!
jessjameson
jessjameson
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahara1981 20th May 2014, 6:23 am

I can now sleep on my front comfortabley so nope no regrets for me!!

I now look like a woman rather then a little boy so very happy!
Sahara1981
Sahara1981
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1445

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 20th May 2014, 8:13 am

I'm pretty sure the theme parks thing is a reccomendation rather than a void of aftercare. I would speak to your clinic to check. 

There should be very little you can't do once you're properly healed. It shouldn't affect your life at all after a year. That's what the clinic is there for, make a list and ask them specifically. 

The only thing I miss is not punching myself in the boob when I'm doing things. Still don't have the spatial awareness for them!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by laural92xx 20th May 2014, 8:33 am

Reallllyyy? No Theme parks?! X
laural92xx
laural92xx
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 20th May 2014, 8:49 am

It's due to the g force with the over shoulder restraints.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsbells 20th May 2014, 10:00 am

I must admit that no theme parks isn't a big problem for me. This the first I've heard of it though and I'm intrigued. A quick Google on the topic brings up tons of results saying that it is isn't an issue once your boobs have settled. One surgeon is suggesting that after six weeks you can do pretty much anything.
Hellsbells
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 20th May 2014, 10:28 am

Theme parks/rides (apart from toddler rides) are a definite no no.. as they can rupture your implants and if you were to rupture them on an ride, then it's bye bye aftercare. Not a problem for me though as I don't like rides. I don't miss anything about having tiny boobs x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsCheese 20th May 2014, 11:48 am

I can live without theme parks I think! I don't think it is that restrictive really you just need to be sensible, and it is a personal choice we have made to have it done.I'm instead just happy to now be wearing an invisible sticker that says 'check me out I've got big amazing boobs!' Lol

I would wear it for real if I thought I could get away with it xx
MrsCheese
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 381

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 20th May 2014, 11:52 am

Lol I'm sure you could get a t shirt printed up ha haa!!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by jessjameson 20th May 2014, 6:16 pm

I don't even think we have to wear a sticker, as lads just look big amazing boobs lol
jessjameson
jessjameson
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jessjameson 20th May 2014, 6:17 pm

I don't even think we have to wear a sticker, as lads just look big amazing at boobs lol
jessjameson
jessjameson
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jessjameson 20th May 2014, 6:26 pm

Sorry I ment to say look at our big amazing boobs  :doh:
jessjameson
jessjameson
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 20th May 2014, 8:34 pm

I was told I could treat mine as my own once healed, no restrictions.

It would take a huge rib-breaking force to rupture an implant generally (I know some rupture for seemingly no reason but I'm talking about rupture caused by impact) so I won't be avoiding rides or sports or anything really.
I guess we just have to make our own minds up.
Xx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 20th May 2014, 10:12 pm

at 11 months post op there is nothing i can't do. 

yeah the theme park rides, which i knew beforehand from my research and which really isnt an issue for me as i never liked rides anyway. 

the thing is with a ba, you always have to decide if with its benefits, risks and complications, it's worth it 'for you', but once you're completely healed, i personally at least don't feel like theres a fragile sticker on me at all! x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by Dayzeee 21st May 2014, 12:56 pm

I didn't know about the theme parks thing but luckily I couldn't care about that, we went to thorpe park recently and I did go on the tea cups! Oops...I guess that wouldn't count ha!

I miss my kick boxing bad. But hopefully will be able to get back soon! X
Dayzeee
Dayzeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 575

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacey24 21st May 2014, 1:07 pm

My surgeon has said after 6mths I can pretty much go bk to normal his words were I could sky dive bungee jump and so on lol not that I would do any of them so speak to your clinic
Lacey24
Lacey24
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 21st May 2014, 6:04 pm

I was looking into full contact sports too and although lots of places say yes fine if u were the one the have a rupture I doubt aftercare would cover it esp in my case (battle heritage - wonder if I can get a full armoured breast plate tho lol)
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ambzdee94 22nd May 2014, 8:08 am

i asked my surgeon about the theme park rides because this would bother me haha i LOVE theme parks. he said thats he is not aware of any issues with theme park rides that is a new one. Once everything has settled (usually 4-6weeks at the most) the implants are a part of you and you can do want you want.

Only extreme forces such as falling flat on your boobs from a height or being in a car crash might damage them .
x
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 882

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsbells 22nd May 2014, 9:16 am

That pretty much tallies with my own research. The only place I could find any concerns about theme park rides was on this forum. Nobody else seemed to be bothered. I even looked on the Nagor website and the T&Cs for Alton Towers... nothing.

Paintballing is probably best avoided though, as there is a documented case of a British woman's silicone breast implant being ruptured when she took a hit to her chest (http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/14661701) Kick boxing and similar contact sports also seem to feature in the "Probably best avoided" category.

Common sense is probably the best guide. Anything that is likely to result in blunt trauma to a boob is inadvisable.
Hellsbells
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 22nd May 2014, 11:48 am

My surgeon just said avoid getting stabbed and everything else was fine lol!!!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next