Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hmmm...re-op question

4 posters

Go down

Hmmm...re-op question Empty Hmmm...re-op question

Post by annefinackapan 10th July 2009, 8:20 pm

With all the re-ops happening or being considered I was wondering if you get an re-op for 'double bubble' easily as its considered a complication why dont you for 'rippling' as I would consider them both an aesthetic problem rather than a complication or have I missed something v important and am being a div?
By the way I am not demeaning double bubble at all it must be awful and quite rightly re-operated on. I just thought why is rippling considered almost normal is it because it happens frequently so they have to? I would say both could be due to a poor decision on the PS part or in fairness it could be an unknown entity not an exact science and they just have to see.
Thoughts any one?

xx
annefinackapan
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1260

Back to top Go down

Hmmm...re-op question Empty Re: Hmmm...re-op question

Post by nads 10th July 2009, 8:28 pm

Hmm interesting topic Anne. I dont think many surgeons see it as a complication at all, its taken quite lightly when it shouldnt, especially if its really bad.
I think because they warn us of it before our ops as something that can happen, they can say, well i told you so. But they tell us about cc and haematomas too and those are taken care of. Im definately asking my ps about rippling when i see him next as i know its more frequent with overs and i want to know what will happen if i get it. I think all girls should write that on their questions to ask when they go on consultations
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by annefinackapan 10th July 2009, 8:39 pm

Agree ,although it was briefly mentioned I just thought 'it wont happen to me' as I chose whats considered a smaller implant . I with personal experience (therefore subjective) think its really its about how thin your skin is, not the amount of breast tissue,fat or size of implant (within reason).
So deffo ask pre-op girls !!!

xx
annefinackapan
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1260

Back to top Go down

Post by angelkitten1 10th July 2009, 8:58 pm

i think like nads said, because they warn you that rippling can occur in some patients it's a risk you have to take.
whereas with double bubble in my opinion it's when the ps has made the wrong choice of implant placement for that particular patient.
double bubble is something girls with unders get and to me the ps should know by the amount of tissue if it will result in db or not.
i don't know if that made sense i'm not the best at explaining things lol.
xx
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1935

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 10th July 2009, 9:02 pm

Exactly AK, they dont see it as a 'surgeons error' i guess but i think it can be if its extreme i.e all over cleavage, very visable, as the surgeon should examine the patients skin type and measure their bwd etc its a tough one :dunno: they should offer a reop if its bad as they have made the wrong decision on placement/size
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by angelkitten1 10th July 2009, 9:14 pm

yeah i agree totally, if it's very bad i think most surgeons will re op without a problem.
like you say though i think it's a tough one.
xx
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1935

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 10th July 2009, 9:35 pm

nads wrote:Exactly AK, they dont see it as a 'surgeons error' i guess but i think it can be if its extreme i.e all over cleavage, very visable, as the surgeon should examine the patients skin type and measure their bwd etc its a tough one :dunno: they should offer a reop if its bad as they have made the wrong decision on placement/size

I think there needs to be more emphasis placed on it at consultations...and more explanation given to different complications with different placements.

It was discussed at my consultaion, however, I do agree pre-op.....it is hard to imagine any of the complications, particularly if you know little about them and dont have this forum for support. Surgeons need to stress quite clearly the likelyhood of having post-op problems after thourgh examination of the individual and discussions as to deal with them if they do occur.

Annie, I do believe another consultation would be wise for you Hug xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down