Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to expect

+7
saralou86
tigertonix
kati1236
Sahara1981
Dayzeee
tinkerbell24
Emilyh3578
11 posters

Go down

What to expect  Empty What to expect

Post by Emilyh3578 3rd March 2014, 1:03 pm

So im 5 days Post op! Such early days I know, but I'm not really experiencing much pain - which is great so I've made dinner, washed my hair, been having shallow baths been for walks ECt. 

I still get aches and yesterday I put the top of my dry shampoo bottle and think I might of pulled the muscle in my left breast (how ridiculous). 

So by doing these day to day things am I over doing it? Between all this I'm getting back into bed and resting. I have one more day off then I'm back to work (Wednesday) I work at a desk so I'm not too worried and a friend is driving me to work for the following 3 days so I won't be driving for 10 days as advised. 

What I'm trying to get from this post is a) an I over doing it by doing these little day to day things? And b) what do I have to come over the next few weeks? When eill they start to drop when will I start to see then get softer ECt?!? 

Thanks girls xx
Emilyh3578
Emilyh3578
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

What to expect  Empty Re: What to expect

Post by tinkerbell24 3rd March 2014, 1:47 pm

All I can say is that even though you are feeling great remember that there is ALOT of healing going on inside there

the first BA I had I def over donet things and I think that added to some of my complications so after my reop I really took it easy

great your doing so well xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Dayzeee 3rd March 2014, 2:37 pm

Sounds like your healing really well, don't go too mad :) x
Dayzeee
Dayzeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 575

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilyh3578 3rd March 2014, 2:43 pm

I feel great :) just feel I need to do basic things. I try not to use my chest muscles. I have Accidently used my arms to lift me when half asleep in the night but now if I need to move I get out of bed and get back in and adjust! 

Hoping my healing will go well x
Emilyh3578
Emilyh3578
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 3rd March 2014, 2:44 pm

yeah I was able to wash my hair and dry and straighten it the first time around and done it the night I came home (day 2) and was up and about, ihave kids and at night was changing the wee ones nappy etc

I was taking shallow baths etc too

but def just do the minimum xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilyh3578 3rd March 2014, 2:46 pm

I don't have any little ones so that allows me go really sleep right through for 8 hours. 

I'm taking vitamin e aswell to reduce CC. That's my worst fear! 

Xx
Emilyh3578
Emilyh3578
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 3rd March 2014, 3:31 pm

yeah I took all vitamins and got CC think thats its just down to luck lol

Yeah I was able to get some sleep as Peter got up with the youngest who generally lets me get very little sleep lolxx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahara1981 3rd March 2014, 4:06 pm

I started driving yesterday which I found fine. But I do drive an auto so...

Can pretty much do everything that doesn't require heavy lifting. So feeling better in myself.

Can't help with what happens next as I'm only a week ahead. I've got my post op app on Thursday.
Xxx
Sahara1981
Sahara1981
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1445

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilyh3578 3rd March 2014, 4:11 pm

Hi sarah, 

Hope it goes well, can you let me know what kind of stiches they are please x
Emilyh3578
Emilyh3578
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 3rd March 2014, 4:12 pm

I had internal stitches and none on the outsude just glue xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kati1236 3rd March 2014, 5:39 pm

I felt great too him. Just don't over do it. I was all confident in things till I **naughty word** a car door the wrong way and pulled a muscle. Put me on painkillers for the rest of the day and made me cautious. Just be careful.
I'm pretty back to normal just anything I have to reach for still pulls a little. (I had understand so my muscle doesn't like it too much)
I had dissolvable and glue on outside. Happy healing xx
kati1236
kati1236
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 753

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilyh3578 3rd March 2014, 5:51 pm

Glad to know it's normal to pull the muscle doing simple things and that we all do it. I over worry x
Emilyh3578
Emilyh3578
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 3rd March 2014, 8:07 pm

Hi, babe..
Firstly I just want to say well done for trying to get back to your normal routine.. However, I personally think you may be overdoing it. Obviously every girl is very different in their healing process but I, myself, couldn't have dreamt about making dinner, washing my hair or going out at 5 days post-op! I do think that I was one of the girls who suffered from a lot more pain and discomfort, though, as I literally had morning boob and lots of stiffness all day long.
It could be that you feel like you can lift things and stretch your arms over your head but actually internally your muscles are disagreeing with you.

I would personally take it a lot easier. Is there anyone who could wash your hair for you? I don't think it's very good to be stretching your arms at so early post-op. Also.. when you say you've cooked dinner, what has this involved? Lifting pans of boiling water? I don't think you should put any weight on your arm or chest muscles, babe.. I know you might think you can manage it but you have a lot of internal healing to do and you don't want to jeopardise any of healing unnecessarily.

In response to your second question.. I think after the 2 week mark is when you'll start to notice rapid changes in dropping and softening. It will take a LONG time for your boobs to drop, fluff and soften but you will start noticing changes soon hopefully :):) Also, you'll start to feel little twinges and soreness here and there when your boobs start to drop. Don't worry about this as it's completely normal :)

I hope you're okay, babe! Just rest up when you can and enjoy taking it easy. Happy healing and good luck xxxxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilyh3578 3rd March 2014, 8:15 pm

Hi Toni, 

My other half washed my hair, and my mum will do it tomorrow. I didn't lift the pans when I cooked just cut the vegetables and transferred them to the pan. 

The only time I have really lifted my arms was to put a jumper on but again I put my head through first so they never really went above my shoulders. 

I haven't done any driving but have been out in the car to go to and from my house to my partners. 

The only time I really feel I am doing to much is when I Accidently use my arms to move myself still not used to all this. 

I can't wait to get back to normal. 

Xx
Emilyh3578
Emilyh3578
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 3rd March 2014, 8:23 pm

Emilyh3578 wrote:Hi Toni, 

My other half washed my hair, and my mum will do it tomorrow. I didn't lift the pans when I cooked just cut the vegetables and transferred them to the pan. 

The only time I have really lifted my arms was to put a jumper on but again I put my head through first so they never really went above my shoulders. 

I haven't done any driving but have been out in the car to go to and from my house to my partners. 

The only time I really feel I am doing to much is when I Accidently use my arms to move myself still not used to all this. 

I can't wait to get back to normal. 

Xx

Ahh okay, babe, it sounds like you're trying to get help as much as possible which is really good. I know it's so annoying when you have to rely on other people to do simple tasks for you. I relied upon my mum and sister for dressing me and washing under my armpits haha! (So attractive haha).. But it will get easier and as the days go on you will get so much more able and you'll realise you have the strength to do more and more tasks!

Moving yourself off a bed or from a reclined chair is probably one of the hardest things to do after a BA. Master the bum shuffle and imagine you have no arms (and then you wont use them haha).. It's so difficult, I know, but you will get better at it! It used to take me at least 5 minutes to get off a chair or get out of bed because it was so painful for me and I ended up counting to 3 so many times before I actually did it haha.

you will get back to normal, honey!! It will be all so worth it, trust me!!

I HOPE YOU'RE OKAY XXX
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilyh3578 3rd March 2014, 8:42 pm

I think you may of suffered a lot more than me Hun! 

My partner had been great, helped me get dressed! As long as something is stretchy I can manage it myself but I tried to put a true knit jumper on yesterday and got as far as putting it over my head had to call my boyfriend to come help lol. I haven't suffered the famous blues but I've had such amazing support from my boyfriend I haven't really felt down. I'm still not used to the big boobs, ATM they look they have had a fulling out they are so far apart can't wait for an ample cleavage!!
Also missing being close to my boyfriend not being to cuddle...I never thought I would miss something as simple as that, maybe I haven't had the boobie blues but maybe the boyfriend blues! Missing the intimacy. 

Don't see the surgeon till the 13th so got a while till the stitches are out and his opinion on my healing xx
Emilyh3578
Emilyh3578
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahara1981 3rd March 2014, 8:51 pm

Apparently the stitches are dissolvable but as we haven't been allowed to get incisions wet I assume will take a few weeks to dissappear.

Can't wait to get the dressings off tho but i suppose at least I can't see the scar/incision as I'm alittle scared.

Im missing the hugs from my kids especially when my youngest fell and i had to tell her to just get up as I couldn't carry her home :-( 
Not sleeping in same bed as fiancé as he's a rough sleeper and i dont want to be hit.

Roll on 6 weeks!!!
Sahara1981
Sahara1981
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1445

Back to top Go down

Post by saralou86 3rd March 2014, 8:56 pm

Hope you're feeling better soon hun - sounds like your boyfriend is a keeper bless him :) xxx
saralou86
saralou86
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsgray 3rd March 2014, 9:33 pm

Sounds like you are doing well in your recovery. 

I was the same as you, hardly any pain. 

As long as you listen to your body and don't push yourself to do anything you shouldn't then you should be fine.

I returned to work on day 3, I do a desk job and had more rest being at work.  I got a lift to and from work so still followed the rules of not driving. 

I'm 6 weeks post op now and my boobs have dropped and softened.

I hope you continue to heal well. X
mrsgray
mrsgray
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 3rd March 2014, 10:54 pm

Are you still taking pain meds? Don't forget these might be masking the pains and aches that your body is trying to tell you to slow down. there's so much healing to do on the inside as well as out, so just be careful and get away with doing as little as you possibly can!!

A lot of people see a turning point between 4-8days, so it could be that you're on the other side already, which is great. You should be able to start getting back into a normal routine in the upcoming weeks. Do try and stretch yourself out, stand as straight at possible, but just don't over do it. If it doesn't feel right, stop.

After that its just mostly internal healing. D&F can take a couple weeks, can take a couple months. Don't watch for it, its like a boiling pot. Take pics every couple days/ once a week, then compare them all in 3/6m time, that's the best way to 'see' it. I don't think I dropped properly until around 3m, then fluffed around 6. But don't fixate on it, it will happen when your body is ready to.

Then its just the internal healing which can take a couple years. You'll still feel 'electric shocks' every now and then with your nerves growing back, but they get fewer and far between.

And I'm with Toni, get that bum shuffle down missy! Putting the weight on your arms getting up etc is the worst, so you need to shuffle around. Its good for your core!!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 3rd March 2014, 11:51 pm

hey hun, first of all congrats on the new boobies! :)

sounds like you're one of the lucky ones with an easy recovery, yay you! :)

i wouldn't worry about things like gentle hair washing (i worried more about brushing my teeth haha!). i washed my own hair from day 4, just took it easy.

i didn't cook though, and used both hands to lift the kettle while only filling it with enough water for one cup of tea. more environmentally friendly as well ;)

a good tip is to obviously listen to your body, as it will tell you when you're overdoing things. but also as charlii says, if you are still taking painkillers then they will mask any discomfort, so do try to consciously remember to take it easy. 

even things like getting a glass from the top shelf, i would use a chair to get up on so i didnt have to stretch up, all those little things..

i did go to the cinema on day 4 and took short walks from then onwards, and by week 2 i was back on the tube during rush hour (elbows up to protect your chest!) and going for quiet drinks with friends. 

i did have 2 weeks off work which was great as the only thing i felt was tiredness, and had naps during the day etc. but maybe i was just being lazy as well as my job is usually quite busy.

you may feel tired after the first few days back at work, but i think you'll be fine.

you sounds like you're taking sensible precautions to rest :)

in terms of further healing, and dropping and fluffing this can be anytime from the 6 week to the 9 month mark or so, so just be patient and take regular pics. 

xx
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie81 4th March 2014, 6:59 am

Hey hun you have been given some fab advice as always, this forum is awesome!  clap hands
Be happy your healing so well but make the most of the time to relax, better safe than sorry ay babes xx
Ellie81
Ellie81
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilyh3578 4th March 2014, 9:30 am

I haven't been on top of pain relief I must have a high pain threshold! So I take it before bed and then when I wake up to stop the good old morning boob ache! 

They Definatley aren't as high as last week I'm now (day 6). Actually don't like looking at them ATM cause they are so big and high I won't be able to look at them till they look less like barbies boobs and more like natural boobs. 

X
Emilyh3578
Emilyh3578
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down