Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day case or overnight taking a late space?!

+11
ravenxwaves
Charlii
tigertonix
tinkerbell24
misf1
mirren001
Sahara1981
Princess_x
kati1236
kdeee
Princessgem
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Day case or overnight taking a late space?! Empty Day case or overnight taking a late space?!

Post by Princessgem 18th February 2014, 12:33 pm

Hi ladies not been on for a while hope everyone is ok!

I'm finally getting cash together to book my BA! Made final decision to go with THG & Marcos Sforza! My only dilemma now is whether to go as a day case or stay over?! 

As I'm on maternity leave at the moment & saving for the op (no finance!) I am wanting to take advantage of a discount THG have offered me. 

I am wanting the op in April .... Do I book now, and get £500 off and go as a day case (hubby can drop me off & stay with me to bring me home) or do I take a late space week before & stay over ? Discount £400 but would need to pay extra £110 for driver to bring me home as hubby can't stay over we have 2 small boys  therefore would save £290? 

Xx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 647

Back to top Go down

Day case or overnight taking a late space?! Empty Re: Day case or overnight taking a late space?!

Post by kdeee 18th February 2014, 12:54 pm

I was a day case and I'm glad- really wanted to be in my own home and bed for the night xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 928

Back to top Go down

Day case or overnight taking a late space?! Empty Re: Day case or overnight taking a late space?!

Post by kati1236 18th February 2014, 12:55 pm

Usually the case with bargaining is the longer you leave it the better deal you get... but with all that in mind, I didn't want to mess around and wait.. I just booked mine then and there.. I knew I was going to get it done and I didn't want to wait..
Its personal preference hun, depends if you feel better staying over night and being there or being at home, or is the money more important. I saved up too and didn't do finance, puts you in a better position for a discount...
good luck hun xx

your avi looks amazing, hun xx
kati1236
kati1236
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 753

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 18th February 2014, 1:06 pm

Thanks ladies ;) the Avi isn't me hun I just liked it haha ! Xx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kati1236 18th February 2014, 1:34 pm

Ah I was going to say, they are nice boobies haha - are those what you are aiming for?
what are your stats and what implants are you having hun? xx
kati1236
kati1236
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 18th February 2014, 1:37 pm

I always say overnight.. it's nice to have that reassurance that the right people are checking up on you around the clock and are around you if you need them.
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahara1981 18th February 2014, 1:51 pm

I was going to stay over night and it was going to cost £250 but kicking out time is 9am and as my fiancé would have to drive during rush hour we decided against it.
So I'm being done as a Daycase but can leave up to 8pm as the rooms been paid for.

Plus the hospital won't let u go home if their are any problems xxx
Sahara1981
Sahara1981
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1445

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 18th February 2014, 2:00 pm

Its entirely up to you which suits and you would be most comfortable with. Also as Sahara has said if you were a day case and there were any problems they would keep you in over night anyway at no extra cost to yourself. XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 18th February 2014, 2:52 pm

kati1236 wrote:Ah I was going to say, they are nice boobies haha - are those what you are aiming for?
what are your stats and what implants are you having hun? xx
Nooooo lol I would need 600cc minimum for those beauties ha!! I'm 9 stone 5ft 6 34C, having 410cc round extra high profile motiva implants xx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 18th February 2014, 2:54 pm

Princess_x wrote:I always say overnight.. it's nice to have that reassurance that the right people are checking up on you around the clock and are around you if you need them.
That's what I'm swaying towards....plus would be nice to have a peaceful night my children will be 6 months old and 5 years when I have it done lol ! X
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 18th February 2014, 2:58 pm

Negotiate, the £500 or £400 will always be available, so don't be pressured into booking before you are ready. To be honest if you are filling up a late space or cancellation you could probably get more money off than they're offering. Haggle, tell them it's 800 cheaper with transform if you book a late slot, overnight with transport, see what they offer
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 18th February 2014, 3:05 pm

misf1 wrote:Negotiate, the £500 or £400 will always be available, so don't be pressured into booking before you are ready. To be honest if you are filling up a late space or cancellation you could probably get more money off than they're offering. Haggle, tell them it's 800 cheaper with transform if you book a late slot, overnight with transport, see what they offer
I will try and see what they say ;) the PCC did say I couldn't haven't both a transport and late space discount together though.... If I went with transform wouldn't even need transport it's only an hour away bit THG is Birmingham so 2.5 hours from me. I'm not going to have all my cash together until end of March early April anyway so will more than likely take a late space so will haggle haggle!! :)
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 18th February 2014, 4:23 pm

I wanted to go in and stay as I was worried about complications and had one the first time where they thought I had a bleed adn wanted to get me back to theatre, but it all turned out ok

Can you not stay over night and get your husband to come and get you the next day instead of the company driver?

what do you prefer to do go home or stay in the hospital

I also knew if I went home I wouldnt get that much of a rest with the 2 kids around, well obv I would get to bed if i needed to and not have to do anything but knowing that I was in hospital and couldnt do anything I felt I got a better rest plus cracking pain relief and boy i needed it lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 18th February 2014, 5:06 pm

tinkerbell24 wrote:I wanted to go in and stay as I was worried about complications and had one the first time where they thought I had a bleed adn wanted to get me back to theatre, but it all turned out ok

Can you not stay over night and get your husband to come and get you the next day instead of the company driver?

what do you prefer to do go home or stay in the hospital

I also knew if I went home I wouldnt get that much of a rest with the 2 kids around, well obv I would get to bed if i needed to and not have to do anything but knowing that I was in hospital and couldnt do anything I felt I got a better rest plus cracking pain relief and boy i needed it lol xx
Hey tink, I thought that but think would be too much hassle for him to come back again next day, it's a 5 hour round trip, would probably cost me £100 in diesel lol! 

I would prefer to stay I think , as long as hubby there when I come round for a bit il be fine. Bit if a chill out then til I return home to the madness :) xx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kati1236 18th February 2014, 6:11 pm

sounds much better plan. I didn't get to choose, my surgeon just keeps people I anyways. But if I got a choice I would defo stay in. My mum and 2 kids were in the room when I left for my op and stayed there till I came out too.. then they left to let me rest and get them some food.
He will be allowed to stay while your down there and its only for an hr or so anyways.. you will have TV for him to watch also :D xx
kati1236
kati1236
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 18th February 2014, 6:18 pm

Hi, babe!!
Welcome back! :):)
I think you should go as a day case babe.. I went as a day case and I'm so glad. Like the other girls have said it was so nice to just go home and be in my own home comforts and bed. Unless you really want to stay overnight then I think it might be the best option to go as a day case. If you stay overnight then you're saving literally half as much as staying as a day case..
It's completely your decision, though, honey :)

xxxxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 18th February 2014, 6:43 pm

Personally I liked the overnight, as it meant i could be monitored and get more fun tramadol! Also, if you've got littluns it might be worth staying away that first night.

Re hubs, will he have the kids? Because there's a travelodge like, 5mins from Dolan park that costs nothing. My hubby stayed there over night and the night before for my 7am check in. If you can leave the kids somewhere, he could stay? It'd certainly be cheaper.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 18th February 2014, 7:29 pm

I was given Tramadol to take home instead of codeine as I'm allergic to it :) xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 928

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenxwaves 19th February 2014, 11:21 am

i was an overnighter at Dolan Park, my op was at about 7.30pm in the evening and i wasn't discharged until my taxi came at close to 12pm the next day - was absolutely lovely. The asian nurse was absolutely love and came and went every hour to check up on me, brought me food at like 3am in the morning. I went out for a wander at silly o'clock and had a little chat with them, the room was always warm and the light was dim not glaring. Ahh loved the whole experience tbh, I wouldn't be a day case even if it meant £500 because the experience was just so relaxing. Good luck with your BA, I'm sure you'll be 10000% happy with Marcos' work x
ravenxwaves
ravenxwaves
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 19th February 2014, 11:36 am

Im still pre ba, but I would do overnight stay. As your still on mat leave your lil one is still very young and you'll wanna get a good nights sleep and not have to worry about getting up through night to see to him or his brother.

Good luck in whatever choice you make. Plus you'll still save a good amount of money :-) x
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 19th February 2014, 11:52 am

can you not make it to the hospital on your own and maybe get a wee cheap hotel the night before then head along in a taxi in the morning

then your husband can just travel down the next day, I done that when i had my reop in manchester that was 5 hours there and 5 back in a drive and my husband had to do that he drove the monday night arrived late, was suppposed to on the Tuesday morning but he came the monday night and we drove up the Tues, he has a 2.5 engine and it wasnt to bad in Petrol as he took it wasy

I did fly down the sunday night and stayed in a nice hotel so that I could chill then got the taxi along to the hospital in the monday morning

I would have loved my husband to bet here with be but as we have the 2 kids it was just not possible xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 19th February 2014, 10:53 pm

hi hun, do THG do day cases now? it used to be overnights only.

i agree with princess, overnight was the only way for me, just for that extra peace of mind as i had never had surgery before so had no idea what to expect. it was just reassuring having professionals check up on me. 

i did have an early admission and a fairly early op (before noon i think or thereabouts) so i was discharged at 7am the next day, but by that time i felt fine to leave.

but being so tired from GA directly after op i'm glad i didn't have to go anywhere. 

x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by LuciaH 20th February 2014, 12:08 am

I am booked in with THG and was never offered a day case only overnight, which is what I want as I know I will be able to relax a little more before going home to the kids. X
LuciaH
LuciaH
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1418

Back to top Go down

Post by ambzdee94 20th February 2014, 9:44 am

HI Hun, im still Pre BA and im having an overnight stay, they dont do day cases where im going... M surgeon said he doesn't like the idea of day cases , as he likes to have the drains in over night. but this is just his preference.. but im happy im staying in overnight to be looked after cos once i get home ill be a drama queen freaking out at everything ha-ha!!  I think if i was with THG or transform and traveled a long distance id want to get back home, but where im having my surgery is literally only 15 minute drive, so i mays well stay in overnight, not that i have a choice like but yano haha.
xx
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 882

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 24th February 2014, 7:44 pm

Thanks for all your advice ladies I have decided to take a late space / cancellation & stay over , more for peace of mind really! Hoping for first 2 week in April xx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next