Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overnight or day case???

+9
ajm81
Princess_x
Nicole
misf1
Perrie91
tinkerbell24
mrsball
littlewellies
Easterboobs
13 posters

Go down

Overnight or day case??? Empty Overnight or day case???

Post by Easterboobs 2nd March 2013, 8:41 pm

Hi,
I am due for a BA with Transform soon and I just wanted to see whether people would advise a first time patient to go with a day case or overnight case???
X
Easterboobs
Easterboobs
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Overnight or day case??? Empty Re: Overnight or day case???

Post by littlewellies 2nd March 2013, 8:43 pm

I would have gone day case if I could, as lovely as the Nuffield was I'd rather of had the 500 quid!!! X
littlewellies
littlewellies
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 970

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 2nd March 2013, 8:46 pm

Nowadays theres not a nessciaty to stay overnight anymore. More and more are done on day cases and saves you money. It completely depends on your circs though Hun, medical wise, how far away hospital is from your home, etc x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Easterboobs 2nd March 2013, 8:47 pm

Hey Littlewellies, thanks hun that was kinda what I was thinking.
Second question then, if there was no price difference what would you do? X
Easterboobs
Easterboobs
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Easterboobs 2nd March 2013, 8:49 pm

Thanks Mrsball, I dont know if it's the only way they could squeeze me in that day, I am due to find out on Monday, v nervous but I was thinking it might be easier on my parents if I am looked after the first night but not really sure if there really was anything much to the first night haha. Thanks for the info hun.
X
Easterboobs
Easterboobs
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 2nd March 2013, 8:49 pm

i could have saved 600 but im def glad i stayed i had a rough ride i will stay next time too

i was sick as a dog so needed lots of anti sicknes smeds which i wouldnt have got at home and my pain was pretty bad too then they preped me for theatre cause they thought i had a bleed

but then u get people who are fine xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Perrie91 2nd March 2013, 8:51 pm

I stayed over night and glad I did although I was absolutely fine and would have been fine at home its nice to stay in and no that if anything did happen ur in the rite place xx
Perrie91
Perrie91
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 2nd March 2013, 8:52 pm

also my surgeon. who is BAAPS/BAPRAS registered wanted me to stay in too as he knew looking at me it was going to be a struggle to get my implants in and thought id be right sore after it and he was right. i never went through a clinic i hunted my surgeon down. cld u get some money off at the clinic to cover ur nights stay xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Easterboobs 2nd March 2013, 8:54 pm

Oh god Tinkerbell that sounds super scary!!! Hope your ok now... Thanks, I am super confused so I am hoping for lots of answers and then I might feel a bit better about making decision with as much info as possible! :)
X
Easterboobs
Easterboobs
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 2nd March 2013, 8:57 pm

still having probs with the height of my boobs but getting there.how farcare u from hosp. ask ur surgeon if u went home and.something like a bleed happened could u go back in if already discharged if not u wld go to aand e at nhs and they wld simply remove the troublesome implant xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by littlewellies 2nd March 2013, 8:58 pm

If money was no option I probably would have stayed just in case something went wrong, which it didn't for me, some ppl breeze through and some ppl have a rocky road, you won't really know until u come round but I was def ready to go home a few hours after I got back in my room I was up and about going to the loo after an hour... But the morphine and ga makes u feel a lot better than u actually are I think, day 2 was my worst because I did too much in the morning and when everything wore off in the afternoon I was in agony x
littlewellies
littlewellies
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 970

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 2nd March 2013, 9:01 pm

I had a daycase, I stayed near the hospital overnight just in case of any problems. If you do have any problems following surgery they usually keep you overnight anyway, which would be free
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 2nd March 2013, 9:05 pm

When I went for a consultation with transform the pcc told me to pay for day case because they won't send you home if you're not ready n u don't pay more if u do end up overnight. I didn't book with them, and who I'm going with now only do overnight but I'm a natural worrier so would like the peace of mind being there overnight even if I was offered day case x
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 2nd March 2013, 9:41 pm

Overnight all the way. If anything were to happen then you're in the right place x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by ajm81 2nd March 2013, 10:20 pm

I had an overnight stay and wouldn't have been happy to go home as a daycase, although I had no pain I was really tired and unsteady on my feet with the meds a night in hospital gave me a good rest and I also felt more at ease being around doctors etc for the first night x
ajm81
ajm81
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 2nd March 2013, 10:48 pm

Its personal preference hun. If you live close by the hospital and felt confident that you'd like to go home after surgery and your surgeon is happy for you to do this then make that decision for yourself hun. If you aren't well after surgery and the surgeon didnt feel comfortable sending you home for whatever reason you'd be be kept in the hospital. This comes within your aftercare policy and would be free anyway.

If you're a nervous patient and one who lived far away from the hospital, I personally think its best to spend the night in hospital lovely. If only for your own reassurance.

If the surgeon thought it essential for you to stay they would have told you hun. I didnt have a choice. I had to have overnight due to health conditions.

So if you're fit and healthy and there's no reasons why its essential to stay, think about where you'd feel most comfortable on that first day. I'd also take travel into consideration also babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by loclo26 3rd March 2013, 8:44 am

Im a day case, I like my own environment and I think my surgeon prefers to admit day cases only if your fit and healthy like cookie said.
Think its down to personal preference x x
loclo26
loclo26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Post by willows 3rd March 2013, 11:32 am

transform told me if you live more than 30 miles from the surgery you HAVE to have overnight stay or book into a local hotel. As i live 3 hours away i had to have overnight stay but they gave it to me for free in the end and free transport! xx
willows
willows
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 600

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd March 2013, 1:07 pm

willows wrote:transform told me if you live more than 30 miles from the surgery you HAVE to have overnight stay or book into a local hotel. As i live 3 hours away i had to have overnight stay but they gave it to me for free in the end and free transport! xx

I think that's a sensible approach, like I said in my post, you should take distance into account when considering day cases. If you were to have n emergency after surgery, you need know you're within a safe distance to be able to get back to the hospital. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Easterboobs 4th March 2013, 6:33 pm

Hi everyone, I cannot believe how many of you have replied!!! :) i really really appreciate all of your help and info on this issue as I really didn't know what to do.... I am overnighting it as there wasnt another option after I had discussed it with them. Thanks again and sorry for the delayed response I have been in a bit of a whirlwind!!

Picking up my v pillow etc tomoz :)

Does anyone know how much smaller the implants will look once under the muscle compared with inside that big bra thing in consultations?

X
Easterboobs
Easterboobs
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 4th March 2013, 10:10 pm

I stayed overnight but I had an uplift too... although my surgeon keeps her BA patients overnight too. I am a day case for my revision in a couple of weeks but I am taking stuff to stay over just in case!!
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down