Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Q to post op ladies. Advice regards lifting

+6
misf1
Princess_x
kati1236
tigertonix
bgorringe
kdeee
10 posters

Go down

Q to post op ladies. Advice regards lifting Empty Q to post op ladies. Advice regards lifting

Post by kdeee 16th February 2014, 9:47 pm

Hi ladies

I was told today by nurse when I left hospital that I can't even lift a kettle, press even slightest through the arms  or lift arms much over the shoulder level for 6 weeks!! Now all this will impose a somewhat problem to me at home and regards work and this was never told to me before the op. I knew I must take it easy for 2 weeks. 
Surgeon knows what I do for living and what my hobbies are and they were pressing matters to me when having this done and choosing the time to do it etc.. Surgeon even said I could possible go back to dance classes 3 weeks post op if I felt well enough when I consulted him before.... Obviously no high impact stuff.

How have you coped with household chores? No hoovering for 6 weeks?!? 
Sorry I am just a but worried now as I can't afford not to all these things for 6 weeks and whose advice should I go by- surgeons or nurses xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 928

Back to top Go down

Q to post op ladies. Advice regards lifting Empty Re: Q to post op ladies. Advice regards lifting

Post by bgorringe 16th February 2014, 9:56 pm

Hi Hun, all I can tel you is, it's not a case of who's advice you should take, it's a case if your not going to be able to do very much nor feel comfortable enough to do many chores (or any excercise) for a good few weeks post op! Regardless of what anyone advises, your just not going to be able or feel up to it. I'm 4 weeks post op and have only started washing my own hair again 3 days ago! I'm a gym fanatic but can not even imagine doing any excercise, how ever light, for a least another couple of weeks. Then will take it very gentle, definatly no dance for me! And still can't hover, hoping to start again at the 6 week mark Xx
bgorringe
bgorringe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 422

Back to top Go down

Q to post op ladies. Advice regards lifting Empty Re: Q to post op ladies. Advice regards lifting

Post by tigertonix 16th February 2014, 10:10 pm

Hi, babe! Firstly, CONGRATULATIONSS!! YOUR AVI IS AMAZING! So happy that the surgery went to plan and you now have beautiful new boobies!!

I don't necessarily think the 'lifting no kettle for 6 weeks' is true.. I definitely couldn't lift a kettle or wash my hair for 3 weeks but after 3 weeks I did become a lot more mobile and my healing rapidly increased after 3 weeks post-op. I wouldn't recommend going back to dance classes after 3 weeks (but that's just my opinion of my own experience and pain..) I would suggest listening to your own body... If you feel like you can wash your own hair after 2 weeks then do it.. If you feel like you can gently hoover after a couple of weeks then work your way into it :) There's no set 'time' that you can start doing daily activities and chores.. Just listen to your body and do it when you feel ready. Definitely don't push yourself out of your depths and take it as easy as possible. Stay mobile because this will keep you from feeling like an invalid and will also keep your muscles active and alive haha :) I went for my first walk about 1.5 weeks post-op and it was amazing and so refreshing to go outside in the open air!!

Just relax, chill out and enjoy having lots of sleep for the first week and try and get your family and partner to do the household chores for the first few weeks. I started washing pots and cleaning surfaces after about 2 weeks (bare in mind I think I suffered quite a lot of pain after my op).. So it's all about being patient and just gradually working into it:):)

Take care, babe and a massive CONGRATULATIONS!!XXXXXX
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by kati1236 16th February 2014, 10:14 pm

Hey hun, I would take it as easy as you can... but not lifting a kettle... hmmm..
I shut a car door today and deffo was too much strain because I felt it in my muscle but I have folded clothes and used the microwave etc.. just fine... just take it very easy and careful.. remember they cost a lot and you went through a lot to get them, and you might not feel the effects until the next day of straining yourself.. just be easy on yourself for the first week at least :D xx
kati1236
kati1236
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 753

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 16th February 2014, 10:15 pm

Thank you bgorringe and toni. Great to read about your experiences. I will have to listen to my body- you are so right. I got a feeling I may have to cancel some more work next week... as I'm supposed to do light duties at the beginning of week and some harder stuff Thu/Friday...Will see how I feel- seeing the nurse on Monday :)

Toni- your new underwired bra gives you fab set of boobies - love it xxx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 16th February 2014, 10:15 pm

Thanks Kati xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 16th February 2014, 10:35 pm

The 6 weeks is correct xx
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 16th February 2014, 10:35 pm

No problem, honey! Just cancel the work duties that you don't feel up to.. Like Kati says, you paid a lot of money for your boobies, you need to give them VIP care haha!
Aw thank you so much, babe! In 6 weeks you'll be able to wear sexy bras and show off that smashing cleavage that I'm sure you'll develop!
I hope your pain isn't too bad and I hope this upcoming week treats you nicely xxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 16th February 2014, 10:38 pm

Wow 6 weeks, think she may have gone a bit far there. No heavy lifting for 6 weeks yes, but a kettle? I found for the first week I could only lift a kettle with enough water in it for one cup, I could make simple meals, all my stuff in the high cupboards I'd moved down to within reaching distance. When you feel fine after 2 weeks, bear in mind you are still healing internally so listen to your body and no heavy lifting or hoovering in your early days.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Weddingbella 1 16th February 2014, 11:10 pm

I think I've been doing a bit to much but it's difficult to slow down when you have young kids. My fiancé has been very supportive but he has been caring for the wee one 24/7 and I think he's finding it really difficult. He also keeps moaning the house is a mess but it's obviously not me making the mess as I'm not able to do much. When I go to tidy things away he says ' aw sit down you shouldn't be doing that' so I'm like stop bloody moaning then lol you can't win x
Weddingbella 1
Weddingbella 1
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 17th February 2014, 12:44 am

hi hun,
am sure the nurse was giving you the maximum being careful guidance that she had to, but what the girls have said above is right.
like misf i wasnt happy lifting a kettle in week 1, and in week 2 i would only fill it with enough for one cup of tea (better for environment too) and carry it with both hands. 
a pot of pasta that my sis had cooked was also a challenge to carry in week 1 but got better after that.
it' s very dependent on your own individual healing, but dance classes at week 3 doesnt sound right.
you're not meant to be putting pressure on your incisions early post op, and anything that increases your blood pressure will put pressure on them.

like kati said you paid a lot of money for your new boobs, so what are a few more weeks of not doing your hobbies to give your body time to heal and recover.
i def didnt feel like doing exercise for the first 12 weeks, but i did wash my own hair on day 4. so you can see how different we all are.

best advice is to just take it easy and listen to your body. good luck hun x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 17th February 2014, 9:12 am

What would I do without you ladies :)
I will evaluate each day as it comes and if I can't do my job- I will have to cancel next week too.

I'm actually not too bad. Slept really well (with lap tray on my stomach to prevent me from turning to the side haha. Last night my partner came up to check on me and he got real scared as I was looking very pale but I felt fine. 

And no morning boob today either. I'm still going to take paracetamol at regular intervals to stay on top of the pain in case it gets worse :)
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 17th February 2014, 3:17 pm

No heavy lifting for 6weeks definitely. So no littluns or shopping or Mr Universe type things! But as for a kettle?! Seems a little ott! Yeh, for the first week theres no way I could have done, then its little by little. You have to feel yourself out for the first 3weeks really.

I over-exaggerated on the lifting stuff, and still get hubs to do it all!!  Shifty
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by rachelw287 17th February 2014, 6:57 pm

In that case it would be no brushing your hair for 6 weeks? That would be a nightmare. Speaking to 3 friends that had theirs they said by end of second week they could wash their hair etc and drive. I know we are all diff but like me they are quite get up and go, hoping I will be the same x
rachelw287
rachelw287
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 539

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 17th February 2014, 7:21 pm

I've been brushing my hair today with no problems. I hope I can wash my hair on Wednesday too. Doesn't hurt to move my arms. I'm being careful though xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down