Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driving

+5
mrsball
tigertonix
kdeee
kati1236
krizzooo1
9 posters

Go down

Driving  Empty Driving

Post by krizzooo1 28th January 2014, 2:30 pm

Just thought I would post as an update to the driving Questions any PRE - BA ladies have.

We are all different and given different advice. I was advised approximately 2 weeks....then driving is ok providing I feel comfortable doing manoeuvres etc.

Today is the 1st time I have drove since. I only went a short way...All was fine....My toddler climbed into his seat unaided (GO HIM!) and I just strapped him in...(thanks to mrsball for step stool ide some time ago: works a treat)

Just slightly achey parallel parking but otherwise no problems or worries. yes
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1788

Back to top Go down

Driving  Empty Re: Driving

Post by kati1236 28th January 2014, 2:59 pm

this is my main concern when I get my BA done is driving - I don't know how I'm going to live without my car for 1-2weeks... I have 2 children, and I do the school runs.. live about a mile(ish) away from the school...
Looks like my mum will be having early mornings again soon with the grandkids :P
xx
kati1236
kati1236
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 753

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 28th January 2014, 3:38 pm

Me too, two children....we live over the road from school thankfully but my youngest had to be driven to preschool and eldest to swimming.... Hubby was off for almost 2 weeks so he done all the driving.
definitely have help for at least a week if you can.

I could of drove sooner I think maybe a few days ago but didn't push myself. You will know yourself if you fell up to it.

x
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kati1236 28th January 2014, 4:06 pm

At least your back on the road now and feel comfortable doing it. Think I will go stir crazy as I live in the countryside. Guess it's all part and parcel of it all.
I'm landing my mum with the driving about as she just bought herself a new car so she can put it to good use haha
xx
kati1236
kati1236
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 28th January 2014, 4:11 pm

Thanks for the update. I can't believe how quickly time goes- it only feels like yesterday when you were having your BA done :)

I am hoping I should be ok to drive by 8th day when I'm seeing the nurse for my dressings. She said I should be fine to drive but the clinic is 35min drive away. Having overs though…  xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 928

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 28th January 2014, 5:12 pm

kdeee.....yeah you will probably be fine hun, Overs too, so no muscle worry to be thinking of... I think a straight forward drive / dual carriageway is easier, I went to town, lots of stopping/starting/parking etc etc But felt fine xx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 28th January 2014, 5:27 pm

Aw so happy for you, babe!! Very glad to hear you're recovering really well! Xxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 28th January 2014, 5:57 pm

Thank you lovely, I'm ok... Give You Hope you recovered after your dance moves. I threw my coat on a chair today and was like "ooooops" as I felt a strain. Sooo easy to forget when you feel better, that you only just had surgery! x
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 28th January 2014, 6:08 pm

Thank you, babe, i'm feeling a lot better now! I also sleep on my side now so that's a big improvement in recovery! Ahh i hope you're okay! Xxxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by kati1236 28th January 2014, 6:37 pm

I never thought about the muscle. I'm having unders. Do you think i'll be out of driving for as bit longer then due to the muscle being more tender?
My clinic is 2.5hrs away, and my mum loathes driving distances... hopefully she just has to take me home the next day and I can drive for post op apps myself.. xx
kati1236
kati1236
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 28th January 2014, 6:48 pm

oooh I miss side sleeping, almost there though Toni ~ pleased u feel better !

Kati~ Yeah it is said that under muscle/partials mean a little more discomfort with healing . You will be advised by your surgeon hun , then just do what you feel well enough to do, without pushing yourself.

xx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 28th January 2014, 8:02 pm

Glad to read all is well with your driving hunny, and big  yahoo  for your toddler , glad the step stool worked and makes them feel all grown up x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Soosie73 28th January 2014, 8:45 pm

I was told I only needed a week of no driving , it was a bit uncomfortable when I did but thankfully I have a flappy paddle gearshift so no waving of arms were required :)
Soosie73
Soosie73
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 28th January 2014, 9:17 pm

That's ok then soosie.... Gear changes were ok, it's crossing my arms over the steering wheel (bad habbit) that was worst part, not painful at all though.

THANK YOU mrsball again  Give You 
xx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rachelw287 28th January 2014, 9:26 pm

Was parking today today and wondered about driving after BA! You read my mind! Xxx
rachelw287
rachelw287
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 539

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsgray 28th January 2014, 10:27 pm

I started driving again on day 8.  Only drove a short distance and felt fine.  I found 5th gear and reverse gear a little uncomfortable to start with but all is back to normal now (day 16 I think). 

Glad to read you're doing well Krizzo.

X
mrsgray
mrsgray
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by kati1236 29th January 2014, 12:23 am

Thanks Krizz, I will just need to wait and see I guess. Hope I'm not too unable for a long period of time but time will tell :) I have the bad habit of crossing arms while steering also. I guess it makes us do it the 'right' way again. Slow and steady. Put the L plates back on haha xx
kati1236
kati1236
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 29th January 2014, 12:21 pm

I dont drive but we are 3 min walk from the school, but I am 2 mile walk to my work and Ellies nursery, when I had my first BA Ellie was still in her pram and it was hard work trying to sort it all out to get to work and her nursery thankfully I was going onto 3 and a half week post op when I needed to do the work/nursery run with the pram, I have 20 mins to do  it in which is just doable walking fast, its harder on the way home, its uphill lol, but is a good work out!! xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 29th January 2014, 1:52 pm

hehe kt ----L plates, reversing I notice it, looking over my shoulder.
Thanks mrsgray I hope you are well, I bet your boobies are looking AMAZING hun. 

Tink, I love to walk! We often walk to town 15mins from home...in the summer I walk loads. I bet pushing a pushchair was tricky...more the manoeuvring it round things I bet....

xxx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsgray 29th January 2014, 2:08 pm

I am well thanks Krizz.  My boobies have been hiding under jumpers and high neck tops, I'm looking forward to showing them off to their full potential    Flash
X
mrsgray
mrsgray
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 29th January 2014, 4:24 pm

up and down the kerbs was hard work so we have real quiet roads here so I just walkled on the road lol

But I love to walk, maybe im just used to it xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down