Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

medication post op

3 posters

Go down

medication post op Empty medication post op

Post by misskaren 15th December 2013, 10:46 pm

hi

i was given ibrufen, anti b's paracetimol and tramadol - i am 3 days post op and i only have two tramadol left ( was told to take 4 a day)

should i be going to doc for more or just stop as that all hospital gace me.....  i am not really in major pain but just dont know what i should be doing...

as i feel no pain (just tightness across chest) can i go out walking and maybe go on an excercise bike and just work lower half of body or is this a definate no no??

how long do you sleep upright for or do you even need to?

do i just wear my bra 6 weeks constantly and then can go with no bra for a while??

I have noticed my boobs are a little sore when i take bra off to go for shower but i am only 3 days post op so i expect.

tahnks
karen
xx yahoo
misskaren
misskaren
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

medication post op Empty Re: medication post op

Post by tinkerbell24 15th December 2013, 10:51 pm

I had to go to my gp as I was still quite painfull for 3 weeks after my op but if you can get by on paracatamol stick with that

you need need to sleep upright just have your head raised slightly above your chest

you will see the surgeon at around six weeks? to check all is ok and get the go ahead for no bra and wires, well thats how its works with me but you may just have been told at 6 weeks its all good for no sports bra?

walking is fine but as your surgeon has said no excercise for 6 weeks I really would stick to that xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by misskaren 15th December 2013, 10:56 pm

cheers

i have been told i have to go in and see nurse after 10 days and then i am seeing surgeon 9 weeks later after op fo not till february.

xx
misskaren
misskaren
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th December 2013, 11:02 pm

misskaren wrote:hi

i was given ibrufen, anti b's paracetimol and tramadol - i am 3 days post op and i only have two tramadol left ( was told to take 4 a day)

should i be going to doc for more or just stop as that all hospital gace me.....  i am not really in major pain but just dont know what i should be doing...

if you've no need for painkillers! there's no need to take them Karen, so I'd leave the ones you have left and go it without if you can, maybe taking some paracetamol IF you feel you need it. The quicker you're off painkillers, the better for you really. 

as i feel no pain (just tightness across chest) can i go out walking and maybe go on an excercise bike and just work lower half of body or is this a definate no no??

If you've been told no excercise for 6 weeks then its no excercise for 6 weeks. 

Walking is encouraged as it helps reduce the risk of DVT and will also help you get back to normality. But don't overdo it. Just take things a day at a time. But the length you walk, is entirely up to how you're feeling.

other excercise really is a big NO though, unless you have permission from your surgeon..

no post-op instruction should ever be taken lightly. They're given to you for a reason and to get the best from your surgery its best to follow them. 

how long do you sleep upright for or do you even need to?

No, you don't need to sleep 'upright' but you do need to be propped up. As long as your head and shoulders are raised above chest height that's all that's required and you'll need to sleep this way in general around 2 weeks. 

do i just wear my bra 6 weeks constantly and then can go with no bra for a while??

If you've been told to wear your sportsbra for 6 weeks, then you should. You're requested to wear a sportsbra for the very reason they're created - they give you support. So if you're braless, you have no support 

whilst you're breasts are being supported they're healing. They need stability to adhere to the breast pocket and the sportsbra will hold your boobs stable to allow for this.

if you don't wear your sportsbra or not follow any of the other post op advise given to you and you do suffer a complication because you ignored the surgeons instructions then not only do you risk putting yourself back on the operating table babe. But you risk paying for it too as you could also make your aftercare void. 

I have noticed my boobs are a little sore when i take bra off to go for shower but i am only 3 days post op so i expect.

Theyre swollen and heavy and will feel quite alien to you right now hun... As they recover over time, the aching stops and you'll no longer be aware of them at all. They'll just be 'your boobs' xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 15th December 2013, 11:07 pm

when you see the nurse ask her if oyu need to be seen at 6 weeks to check that you are at the stage of healing your surgeon expected for 6 weeks and no bra, if that makes sense, just to be on the safe side xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down