Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still sick :0(...BA on Tuesday

+4
COOKIE
JordanG92
tinkerbell24
MissCET
8 posters

Go down

Still sick :0(...BA on Tuesday Empty Still sick :0(...BA on Tuesday

Post by MissCET 14th December 2013, 6:30 pm

Hey girls,

I've been really poorly the last week with a heavy cold and ear pain. I was starting to feel better and then last night my sinuses got really blocked and my temperature was high again.  
I'm now starting to panic i won't be well enough for my Op on Tuesday...i've been told not to take Asprin so i've been dosing up on Paracetamol and Sudafed...i assume that's ok??

I think it's at worse a sinus infection, at best a head cold...but it's been lingering for over a week now. Reading past posts, chesty coughs seem more problematic (i've not got a cough or sore throat) - just blocked sinuses, headache and mild temperature. Do you think i'll be ok to go ahead?

Part of me doesn't want to phone my PS on Monday in case he postpones me  nope xx
MissCET
MissCET
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 424

Back to top Go down

Still sick :0(...BA on Tuesday Empty Re: Still sick :0(...BA on Tuesday

Post by tinkerbell24 14th December 2013, 6:42 pm

I was liek this before my last ba last year ( a year ago tomorrow) and you will be surprised how quick it can go, plenty rest and lfuids flush it out

also vicks on your feet then socks on over night really helps

stop worrying its not tues yet lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by MissCET 14th December 2013, 7:02 pm

Thanks Tink, i think i'm just panicking more because of the nerves kicking in. I've never heard of Vicks on the feet, that's one for tonight :0) xx
MissCET
MissCET
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by JordanG92 14th December 2013, 7:12 pm

Oh no sinuses are horrible :( I find that having quite a hot bath or shower is really good because the steam helps to loosen them and relieve some of the pressure.  And like Tink said lots of fluids, rest and vitamin C :) fingers crossed for you you'll be fine by Tuesday!  :) xx
JordanG92
JordanG92
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 14th December 2013, 7:19 pm

only take natural vitmin c if you have been told no vitmains and suppliments before ba like i was

but hot baths etc and rest, plus if its just a common cold and not a chest infection theres not as much risk of infections after BA xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th December 2013, 7:33 pm

Firstly babe... Calm down  there, there 

Its VERY common for women stressing about their BA to come down with 'cold' like symptoms. If you do however suspect you have an infection babe then do see your GP tomorrow. 

I don't want to put a dampened on things but your health MUST always come first and if you have an infection anywhere in the body the last thing you're going to be wanting to get is a BA, because the infection can travel through the blood and target the foreign body in your body (the implant) which would lead to them needing to be explanted. 

So, warmth, rest and 'natural' vitamin C as Tink said. Hot honey and freshly squeezed lemon is perfect, getting your body loaded up and see how you feel. If you're getting no better and suspect it is a sinus infection then getting it sorted as soon as you can 'for yourself' is priority. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 14th December 2013, 9:39 pm

I think the stress and nerves will be exaggerating your cold-like symptoms.. When you're under pressure, and worrying, your body's working harder- increased heart rate and increased blood pressure.. So you're likely to feel even more exhausted and run down if you're stressed about your op on tuesday.
Everybody else's advice is perfect! Rest up, drinks LOTS of fluids to flush out all those nasty toxins and infections that are making you ill, de-stress by taking hot baths and watching films, get LOTS of sleep so your body has time to repair and recover, and remember to eat enough carbohydrates and proteins to fuel your body whilst recovering!
Get well soon! Try not to worry too much and focus more on getting better and the excitement of your op! Keep us updated! Thinking of you, honey xxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenpops 15th December 2013, 8:23 am

Hope you're feeling better MissCET. I'm sure you'll be fine for tue xxx
Jenpops
Jenpops
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Post by louise28 15th December 2013, 9:33 am

Aw MissC, hope you're feeling better today hun. How did your little ones party go was that yesterday or today?x
louise28
louise28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 900

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 15th December 2013, 10:11 am

For a week before my ba, I was having bad headaches everyday, felt like my throat was swollen (but not sore) and it got worse at night... It was all stress related!
It's hard but try not to worry... Just keep drinking water, eat healthy and get as much sleep as possible xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by MissCET 15th December 2013, 10:44 am

Thanks everyone, really appreciate your support. I took all your advice, last night was a hot bath, followed by honey and lemon and lots of Vicks. I am feeling a lot better this morning, i'm going to keep an eye on my temperature and if it's still high get a doc appointment for monday. I'm feeling much more optimistic i'll be well for Tuesday. xx

Louise - felt pretty rotten at the party, but just drank hot drinks and let my husband do the running around :0) I lay in till 10am this morning and he's taken them off to the park, so i'm getting plenty of rest. xx
MissCET
MissCET
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 15th December 2013, 10:46 am

Yes just keep positive because more than likely it's stress... Have lots of natural vitamins in your food too :) your be ok xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by louise28 15th December 2013, 1:18 pm

You're going to be fine babe, good to get some time on your own this morning so you can get your head straight, dig deep and try get that excited feeling back it's defo in there I promise you.x
louise28
louise28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 900

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th December 2013, 4:11 pm

MissCET wrote: I am feeling a lot better this morning, i'm going to keep an eye on my temperature and if it's still high get a doc appointment for monday. I'm feeling much more optimistic i'll be well for Tuesday. xx

really happy you're feeling better babe and you seem sensible enough to get through this with hope for Tuesday, but yes, as you said, if the temp is still up on Monday, then seeing your GP is the best thing to do.

sending lots of healing thoughts your way babe. Xxxxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 15th December 2013, 10:28 pm

Glad you're feeling better, babe xxxx
tigertonix