Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone had/Considered Conical Polyurethane's

+6
Blondiebex
Seashell72
jenniferrf1
COOKIE
LJR
amyblue500
10 posters

Go down

Anyone had/Considered Conical Polyurethane's Empty Anyone had/Considered Conical Polyurethane's

Post by amyblue500 20th September 2013, 6:08 pm

I am really leaning toward the conical implants which are only available in Polyurethane. There isnt that much info about the conicals out there as they are fairly new but have seen some before and afters and like the look they give
The round look isn't for me so i like the natural slope they give plus they are reported to give a bit of a lift which i would like. I did originally go for a consult for an uplift and implants but my PS says i am don't a lift although my nipples are a little on the low side .
Am currently wearing a 32c bra with nothing at the top! I have to wear serious gel bras all day every day just to pad out the empty sacks of boobs i currently have urghhh:nope: 
Basically i need some upper pole fullness as i have none and my boobs dip in with nothing in there but on the flip side i don't want the rounded look some implants give .
I tried on sizers and was told i liked the look of between 280-320 cc. The profiles are confusing me more than anything else ( do you need a degree in BA to understand these??!!)
So i am going back for another consult on Monday to make a final decision, at the moment i am thinking 300cc conical moderate profile and he has said subfascial placement which will hopefully mean recovery is easier than dual plane which i would need if i have the rounds.
Am utterly crap at making decsions!:doh:
amyblue500
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Anyone had/Considered Conical Polyurethane's Empty Re: Anyone had/Considered Conical Polyurethane's

Post by LJR 20th September 2013, 6:19 pm

Well I completely understand where you are coming from.

I am ashamed to say I had a fairly simplistic view on my new boobs. I knew I had to have unders; I knew I wanted tear shaped; and I knew the sort of cup size I wanted.

However I completely let my surgeon advise me on profiles etc.

You sound like you have done an enormous amount of research and just need that last bit of help. I am sure the experienced ladies will be along soon!
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Anyone had/Considered Conical Polyurethane's Empty Re: Anyone had/Considered Conical Polyurethane's

Post by COOKIE 20th September 2013, 6:26 pm

From what I've read about conicals they're the preferred implant to get a good result for very slim or petite women and as you said, can give a little lift to the breast.

Round implants will only ever give a 'rounded' look if the implant is to large for the woman or if the wrong placement was made for her and the implant is visible... Other than that round implants give a very natural look to the breast. Infact, we have women here with rounds, conicals and anatomical implants and you'd actually be hard pushed to tell who had what from looking at everyone's avatars.

As you can see in the pic below. I have a very natural slope from a round implant

Anyone had/Considered Conical Polyurethane's D5a0386b166b5e727945063089022dc1_zps02409fdd

Recovery... Well, that's an idividual thing. I've seen women here with partial up and about and over the worst in 3 days and I've seen women with overs take two weeks, its all just dependent on the woman, how they cope with pain and the amount of trauma caused to the breast during surgery babe.

Profiles... Well, the higher the profile is, the narrower the breast base is and the more forward projection you get babe, the lower the profile is the wider the breast base is and less forward projection you get from them. I hope that helps you better understand profiles lol, it is all so confusing isn't it.

Take a look at the diagram below too. Xx

Anyone had/Considered Conical Polyurethane's 6fe6bec1f23efd0d4af6fe326b60f681_zps95425092
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 20th September 2013, 6:35 pm

Good luck at your consultation, you can use our search bar in the top right corner to search anything you are a little confused about or just ask away :)
Its good that you have decided to a type of implant and are almost there on sizing :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Seashell72 20th September 2013, 6:52 pm

I had the same problem. I was a 30dd but then lost alot of 'volume' - not sure what other word to use - i had no upper pole fullness and my poor boobs just sank down my chest.

When I asked my PS about an uplift he said as my nipples were in the right place and the benefits of an uplift would not outweigh the additional scarring I would get. So, we went for moderate profile round unders and I am very happy with the fullness and cleveage I now have. I don't feel they loom too round or stuck on. We singly filled te skin i had.

I am not knowledgeable in conical implants at all, but just wanted to let you know that I too have rounds and feel they can give a very natural look if that's what you are after like I was.

Xx

Seashell72
Seashell72
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by Seashell72 20th September 2013, 6:57 pm

What awful spelling - naughty iPad!!

"We simply filled the skin I had" is what I meant!!
Seashell72
Seashell72
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondiebex 20th September 2013, 7:42 pm

Hi amyblue im having conicals on Wednesday.  I was the same as you certain I didn't want round (I still don't know why)  but feel in love with the conicals. 

Which surgeon are you having. ?

xx
Blondiebex
Blondiebex
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by amyblue500 20th September 2013, 8:06 pm

I am thinking perhaps to avoid the UHP conicals for fear of ending up with 2 traffic cones where i should have boobs. Those things look eeeek !
This is the issue i see really nice ones like yours cookie that look like natural boobs with the upper slope then i go off and see 2 stuck on footballs and think if i wake up with those i will weep! I think if i was 20 with a perfect flat tummy i would probably love the round look but i am 37 year old mother of 2 and i just want to fill back up what i had really. My bikini days are long gone put it that way:nope: 
I am quite slim size 8-10 and very tall so i look skinnier than i actually am which is another reason why conicals have been suggested for me.
I am having Mr Staiano at West Mids hospital. He was the first PS i saw however he has impeccable credentials and I had a really good consultation with him. Very through and gives you the facts on the positives and negatives. My husband came with me who was totally dead against me having a BA and came out happy for me to have it done!!!
amyblue500
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th September 2013, 8:58 pm

Your surgeon is a BAAPS member babe so knows his stuff yes  I'm 45 myself so know what you mean about hanging up your bikini lol but the 'stuck on' rounds you've seen have either asked for that specific stuck on round look, which appeals to some women and as I said, a big implant on a small frame will do that, or the wrong placement hun... But as you've seen from mine and many, many others here, on the whole they don't look like that unless asked for.

Your surgeon knows what he's doing though babe, so I'd be enclined to trust them. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by msc2013 4th December 2013, 11:53 pm

Hi,
I have a consultation booked with Mr Garrick next week and poss op in first week Jan.
Would love love love to hear how you got on !! and I'm moving to Oz about 8 weeks after .. am I seriously underestimating recovery time !!
msc2013
msc2013
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 5th December 2013, 12:59 am

At.8 weeks ur starting to be able to get back into pretty much everything. If healing is well and no.complications xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th December 2013, 1:00 am

Hello and welcome to Breast Buddies msc2013 wavey 

We do have quite a few ladies here with conicals so I they should hopefully be along soon to offer further advise

What I would also take into consideration when booking your BA is the safety guidelines if flying after surgery hun, which is 12 weeks post-op for a long haul flight which you'd be taking to Australia. So there's no way you'd be able to fly out there so soon after your BA hun.

It would be great if you introduced yourself in the 'say hello' section of the forum 'if you'd like to' and told us a little about yourself so we could give you a big warm welcome. But don't worry if you'd rather nor not msc, I look forward to getting to know you better on the forum. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 5th December 2013, 1:03 am

Oh wow is it 12 weeks long haul 

I thought 6 just aswell ur here Cookie :ok:
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th December 2013, 1:32 am

The general advise is 6 weeks for short haul and 12 weeks for long haul flight

You can see the general guidance from a ore-admission form [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KayDeeStafford 5th December 2013, 9:06 am

I think flight time guidelines differ from Dr to Dr perhaps? I was advised 2 weeks short haul 6 weeks long haul, all though to be honest I'd be far more comfortable waiting longer for such a long flight! x
KayDeeStafford
KayDeeStafford
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 296

http://www.noobiestoboobies.blogspot.ie

Back to top Go down

Post by msc2013 5th December 2013, 1:38 pm

Thanks ladies for all your advice and support.. it's so daunting isn't it .. one minute I'm soooo excited and I've made my mind up I'm having it .. the next minute I'm like no no no what on earth are you thinking woman !
msc2013
msc2013
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by msc2013 6th December 2013, 2:07 pm

I'm booked for consultation with Garrick Georgeu next Tuesday the 10th !! Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh
would love to be able to get in touch with Blondiebex to see how she got on but I don't have enough credit to PM her... can anyone please please please see if they can ask her to get in touch ? xxx
msc2013
msc2013
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th December 2013, 2:09 pm

I'll get in touch for you sweetheart and ask if she wouldn't mind popping on for you :ok:  xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondiebex 6th December 2013, 9:27 pm

Hi msc2013,

Sorry I've not been on here for a little while.  

So I'm over 2 months on from having my conicals with Garrick and I am over the moon.  They don't look anything like cones and so natural,  not at all stuck on.  Garrick himself is a lovely man who I warmed to straight away, he explained everything in a way that I could easily understand trusted his judgement.   I was unsure on which size implant to go with, the 260 or the 295 both low profile.   I have a naturally wide cleavage and he explained that that was something I would always have no matter what size implant.   So he told me straight from the beginning exactly the results I would achieve and explained that he can't change my make up only enhance what is already there. I had total confidence in him.   The day of my op he took both size implants in and I ended up with the 260's to begin with I was a bit gutted but now they are just perfect for me frame and I am over the moon.  The best decision I made. ,  I have got the ball rolling now for my sister in law and 3 of her mates all wanting Garrick..   If you have any questions please ask and good luck for the 10th xx
Blondiebex
Blondiebex
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by msc2013 7th December 2013, 8:31 am

Hi Blondiebex,
thanks so much for the reply, I'm still whirring from I'm having it .. to I'm nuts and no way should I be thinking of doing this with moving and getting married just a few months later... how was your recovery ? keen to know how you felt through the post op up to now as 2/3 months after is when I'd leave to Oz depending on the recovery and the dates on which I would be allowed to fly such a long haul flight xxx
msc2013
msc2013
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondiebex 7th December 2013, 8:49 am

I was like that and almost postponed the day before and even on the day I got upset because I want sure If I was doing the right thing.   Mum gave me a good talking to and vi haven't looked back, Best decision ever made.  Recovery was no where near as bad as I had prepared myself for, I was back doing the school and nursery runs after 5 days (didnt push the pushchair) but everything else back to normal, was just tired.  No real discomfort either, hardly took any pain relief,  just the first couple of days.  I've felt like 'me' from about 3 weeks, the Tirdness eased off and felt more comfortable with stretching etc. .  Married and moving to Oz? Xxx
Blondiebex
Blondiebex
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by msc2013 8th December 2013, 10:18 pm

oh you lucky lucky thing !! After reading so many stories on here I've been wondering how the hell I'll manage with my 8 year old daughter .. mum is prepped to help but I knbow what it's like ... it's really difficult not to be a mum and try and do everything isn't it ! Yes I'm moving to Oz.. marrying my fiance there in April .. we're both second timers !! we're just waiting on our visas .. been told will come through hopefully Feb ... so its super exciting .. our kids  (he has 2) are so excited too so I keep having doubts thinking I don't want to jeoperdise everything for some new boobs ! but also it's something I've wanted to do for such a long time it feels like my last window for a while .. Yikes !! so do you love them ? I keep looking at mine now thinking will my new ones feel part of me ? or will they feel like an uncomfortable padded bra but you can't take it off !
oh thanks for coming back to me so good to have others to share with ! x
msc2013
msc2013
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie14 2nd March 2015, 8:45 am

Hi blondiebex would you mind if I looked at ur pics as I'm pretty sure theese are the implants I will be getting xx
Blondie14
Blondie14
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down