Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my magical growing implants!!!!!!

+8
Sassysazzle
jodioc77
IsabellExpat
COOKIE
Bizzyboobs
jenniferrf1
LJR
pinkprincess881
12 posters

Go down

my magical growing implants!!!!!! Empty my magical growing implants!!!!!!

Post by pinkprincess881 12th September 2013, 11:04 am

Ok ok I admit, I MAY have overplayed the headline-slightly. They're not quite magical, there's no glitter, smoke or mirrors, no magic words, no tapping of a magic wand, definitely no suddenly waking up to the dream size. There IS, however, more control over the size, and a gentle work up to the end result. Mine are EXPANDABLE IMPLANTS, or what I call my 'magically growing implants' (I like to add  a touch of 'fairytale' to everything, it's kind of the way I roll...)    

They arent widely used, but my surgeon (Dr Ivan foo) has been using them for some time, and give excellent results in cases of reconstruction, particularly after a mastectomy, tuberous breasts, and, as in my case, very little/no natural breast tissue. They are put in with an initial fill of around 150cc  (I had 170cc) so they have all the base width they will always have (mine are 13cm, but they come in various sizes) but very little projection. Then they're filled in stages of of no more than 40cc at a time, and do have a maximum fill, but can be safely 'overfilled' to an extent. There is even room to REMOVE some volume if desired!! So how they achieve this is with a small tube and valve attached to the implant, and left under the skin (little bit Frankenstein esq....but kinda cool!!) Then the port/valve (ok, ok, hands up- I'm not completely down with the exact medical lingo, I'm really rubbish at retaining information....like I could literally watch a documentary-that I genuinely find fascinating-on a loop for 6hours and tell you absolutely nothing factual about the plight of the polar bear/tiger/migrating birds...I think I might be broken. But that's another post entirely.) Is accessed like a vein with a needle and 'topped' up. For me this is ideal, my implants have been in a week today...so let me just take a moment to say *****HAPPY 1 WEEK BIRTHDAY MY LITTLE BOOBIES!***** so yeah now we have that out of the way ...and they are really tight and sore, I can't imagine how they would  have even fit in a bigger implant, I had NO breast tissue, and also slight tuberous breasts, so they were placed under the muscle, and I LOVE THEM. And what I love the most, this is gunna sound so silly and cheesy, but it's my post so deal with it, I LOVE the fact that I'm going to experience them growing, like REAL boobs, like I SHOULD have experienced in puberty, but for some reason God forgot me (sad times!), and I never did, now I get that chance! It also gives my body and my chest muscles chance to adjust! 

So there we are ladies, I know that the implants arent widely used aside from in reconstruction (as an alternative to tissue expander that have to then be replaced with an implant)   so I thoughts I'd give a little in sight...I would love to know if anyone else on here has had them or considered them? It's a little strange because for now I have just the base size and very little projection, so even though they are a big improvement on what I had (not really hard to achieve, a table cloth thrown over my chest would have been an improvement size wise!) They have  long way to go. My first top up is in 7 days, apparently pain free (I'll be the judge of that thank you very much!!) And will take my implants up to 210cc, then in 3weeks I will be going up to 250cc, 5weeks 290cc and so on....not really sure why I had to make that black and white I'm sure  you could all work that out hardly calculator requiring maths right there...

Anyway that's enough of my babble!
Xx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 891

Back to top Go down

my magical growing implants!!!!!! Empty Re: my magical growing implants!!!!!!

Post by LJR 12th September 2013, 11:11 am

That is so interesting, thank you for sharing the ins and outs - I find it fascinating!

Do we know the reason that it is not a widely used proceedure?

I presume every other aspect of your BA ie recovery, is the same?

So pleased you are thrilled with them x
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 12th September 2013, 11:15 am

Happy 1 week birthday!!!! Woohoo lol.... Looking forward to hearing about how your first top up goes! Must be so exciting, hope it feels fine! Time goes quickly doesn't it! Hope your recovery is going well xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzyboobs 12th September 2013, 11:17 am

Thanks for sharing Hunni, it is real interesting.
Sounds a great idea though, then you can go gradually and get to you required size....... Hadn't heard of this before......
Congratulations on your magical growing implants!!! Xx
Bizzyboobs
Bizzyboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1438

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 12th September 2013, 11:21 am

the main things I could find were:

it was initially targeted at reconstruction for cancer patients and not cosmetic

it cost ALOT more for the implants compared to other makes/models. The price is significant  so would impact on the overall breast augmentation price accordingly

it involves (obviously) more aftercare in terms of having to go back to the office for fill ups fortnightly/monthly/whenever you fancy (if you have a baby afterwards, the shape or size might not feel the same so you can go back and have them adjusted)  ..again this will have to be reflected in the price

So no research to suggest they were less effective, they have been found to be as idea or and lo g lasting as other leading brands, there are no higher risks to high risk complications (the only SMALL risk, which can be easily righted, is by the valve turning over under the skin, but the surgeon can turn it with his hands and if that's not possible a small op to flip it, very rare though, and just another one of the things that has to be pointed out with any procedure) 

I feel like I'm quite sore (but absolutely no physical outter bruising  on skin despite not taking any arnica tabs) where the valves are and I can feel them with my fingers, they feel hard Sat on my ribs right now, but are improving.  They are my main source of soreness, everything else feels fab!! 

I'm so so happy with them!! 

Xxx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 12th September 2013, 11:24 am

Thanks girls!!! I know time is a crazy b**** the time before my implants seemed to be an eternity, a never ending countdown, me skulking about wishing away the hours. Now I've had them suddenly it feels like I've been catapulted through time and bam-1week later here I am, albeit with small pert boobies (just had to add that hehe) LOVE THEM!!! 

Xx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 12th September 2013, 11:36 am

They sound great :) I guess the time and aftercare that are needed are the main factors that mean they arnt available widely at the moment but its great that they can be adjusted even if the shape has been affected by something such as breast feeding!!
Exciting :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th September 2013, 1:23 pm

Tsmith has the adjustable implants hun, as well as ShootingStar here :ok: 

I can't believe how quickly that week has flown by! Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by IsabellExpat 12th September 2013, 3:10 pm

Very interesting! yes 
Can you keep these implants in forever or do the implants need to be changed after 10-15 years?
IsabellExpat
IsabellExpat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 930

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 12th September 2013, 3:31 pm

Same life as other implants, 10-15years, unfortunately still haven't got the 'lifer' implants yet!! But that's a commitment we all make to our bodies once we go for a breast augmentation to keep up to it, and have ops to replace them along as we are able. Can't wait to start filling them up!! 

Xxx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by IsabellExpat 12th September 2013, 4:48 pm

Really cool that you can fill them up so quickly! I totally understand the psychological bit with "see them growing" :ok:
IsabellExpat
IsabellExpat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 930

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 12th September 2013, 5:07 pm

i wish i had had them and could go in for little top up now to supress my boob greed!  despite being measured a great size today lol!  never bloody happy i hear my husband saying....
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassysazzle 12th September 2013, 5:08 pm

Blimey has it been a week already!!! Thats CR CR CR CRAZILY flown by! That must mean only 1 more week to go until the next fill! 

How exciting honey! Hows recovery coming along? xxx
Sassysazzle
Sassysazzle
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 971

Back to top Go down

Post by Becciann84 12th September 2013, 5:47 pm

We that's gone so quickly! Can't wait to hear how it goes after each top up, it's really fascinating x
Becciann84
Becciann84
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 628

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 12th September 2013, 6:50 pm

thought it was all in my head how quick it has gone by, a case of a "watched kettle never boils", or a "watched pair of breasts never get surgically enhanced" (the latter should be used more often, I feel it has a certain ring to it...) but yeah here we are, after clearly stepping straight our of a time machine, a week down the line!! 

Yeah recovery is going well, still very sore, my poor tight skin is just getting used to it all! 

Can't wait to have the feeling of them growing--a ten year too late kind of puberty, yay! 

Xx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith 13th September 2013, 3:45 am

hey hun! yes i have these type too :D they're fantastic implants huh??
I had asymmetry so these implants help to get them symmetrical. however theres something wrong with one of mine so im going to have another op. Just waiting to see my surgeon ! 
i first had my right filled to 365cc then went up to 435cc but its still smaller lol think i got 200 and something cc in left so quite quite a dramatic difference. 

Good luck with everything in the near future!!! so excited for you babe. 
x
TSmith
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1252

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 13th September 2013, 7:10 am

Finally found someone with the same implants--Wahooo!! Wanted to ask you did you get discomfort from the valves in the first week, I mean it's nothing bad just my main source of soreness is from there? Do you get used to them? (The surgeon said I will but I wanted to hear from a real person!!) 
Yeah I Love mine!! Where did you get yours done? Sorry to hear you have complications! Are the complication s down to implants in general or your particular type of implant?  Did the implants you have get adjusted after they were in? How did it feel? Sorry, bit of a 20 questions situation, just had no one else to ask!! 
Xx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Natty29 13th September 2013, 8:29 am

Wow ive never heard of these they sound fab.do u know the maximum they can be filled?
Good luck wiv the topping up process and happy one week boobie anniversay xxxx
Natty29
Natty29
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1301

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 13th September 2013, 8:38 am

There are different sizes available as with regular implants mine are 13cm base, I DO remember  asking what my recommended fill was and what the maximum fill was (right when I came round, like the first thing I said) and I can't remember listening to the answer, I put more importance on asking the question rather than actually getting it answered haha!!! But I WILL ask when I go in 6days the exact fill etc xx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith 14th September 2013, 9:52 pm

oh yes i did have discomfort there to start with!! very weird feeling them too, like hard lumps under your skin. You do get used to them. I can hardly feel mine now - im guessing cos my skin has stretched over them and they're more buried OR ive just put weight on lol

Im in New Zealand :D 
Well im not too sure whats gone wrong yet. Its either a rupture (any implant can have this happen) or its folded over due to be UNDER filled (this type of implant) and when it folds over, it also increases the chance of rupturing due to rubbing.
Yes they were adjusted once. From 365cc to 435cc. It was a sharp sting when putting the local in but them when it came to filling it up that wasnt painful or anything. Felt strange though haha. like a cold sensation and felt a little bit heavier and tighter.  Such a cool thing i reckon! 

Dont worry ask away!! i love seeing someone else with the same implants YAAAAY 

TSmith
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinoo 14th September 2013, 10:22 pm

Thats so cool. no boob envy for you! You can ajust as required. Brilliant :O) x
nikkinoo
nikkinoo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 612

http://www.fitnfabulous.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 15th September 2013, 8:10 am

Glad to hear they settle TSmith, but funnily enough since my post I have gotten more and more used to the Valves, they are much less sore and I'm less restricted with ny arms (my t-rex arm   syndrome has passed!! Yay!!) 

Can't wait for them filled up now! Yeah my surgeon talked about the risks of underfilling. 

They are really cool, and I get to see them grow before my eyes yet!!!
Xx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith 15th September 2013, 8:54 pm

hahahahaha t rex arms!! love it :P 

awesome hun! so happy for you. x
TSmith
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 15th September 2013, 9:00 pm

Thank you!! And I gotta say I'm really really glad I've started to get used to the valves...they are REALLY REALLY strange for the first week!!! 

Xx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down