Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wound check

+3
mrsball
Seashell72
Pixiedust
7 posters

Go down

wound check Empty wound check

Post by Pixiedust 3rd September 2013, 8:07 pm

Ive got my wound check with the nurse tomorrow and am just wondering what to expect? I'm the most squeamish person and think im worried about this than I was with the actual BA cause at least with that your asleep lol!
Pixiedust
Pixiedust
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

wound check Empty Re: wound check

Post by Seashell72 3rd September 2013, 8:17 pm

When I had my check, she removed all the tape that covered me and the steristrips. She had a look at the wounds to check they looked ok, gave them a clean up then re-applied new steristrips which i had to leave on till they came off on their own accord. That was it!

I know every PS has their own way of doing things and may apply different dressings etc, but I was in and out in 15 minutes!

Good luck tomorrow. It's such a relief to get all the tape off if you are like I was and have it practically up to your throat!!

Xxx
Seashell72
Seashell72
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 3rd September 2013, 8:28 pm

It ll be fine hunny, the nurses will be gentle and understanding , just let them know if you're nervous and they'll put ou at ease. 

For a wound check they'll usually remove any dressing check the insions Are healing, check for stitches are dissolving etc. then she'll either redress them or for me it was just popping on micro pore tape , and was given a role to take home to do my self every few days . 

You may be given dressings to take away with you steristips or micropore or some other dressings to change yourself at home. X and that's about it x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 3rd September 2013, 8:31 pm

My wound check was with my PS - he took off the dressings, had a look at the wounds, had a look at my boobs Thumbsup a quick chat about what I could and couldn't do at that stage and that was that!
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixiedust 3rd September 2013, 8:34 pm

Thanks girls, thats good to know seems like it will be nice and quick! I just hope I can be lying down for when she takes the dressings of as I'll probably faint lol! I'm not looking forward to seeing the wounds or to having to do anything with the dressings myself!
Pixiedust
Pixiedust
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Seashell72 3rd September 2013, 8:42 pm

I felt a bit nervous seeing my wounds for the first time too. It was another week before I did finally see them as the new steristrips took their sweet time to come off!! When I did see the wounds I was really surprised at how good they looked!!

Xx
Seashell72
Seashell72
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixiedust 3rd September 2013, 8:48 pm

Hope mine take time to come of seashell! Thats good yours looked a lot better than you expected! Hope your recovery os going well x
Pixiedust
Pixiedust
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd September 2013, 8:48 pm

It's a 10 minute in and out appointment babe, that's how quick and insignificant it is babe.

The dressings are removed VERY carefully, any stitches that might be picking through will be snipped (you don't feel this at all) you may or may not have steri-strips applied and may be requested to reapply with more that youll be provided with to do yourself after showering. Or you may have the dressings reapplied if the wound still has a little more healing to do, all is normal babe and there's absolutely nothing for you to be fearing about this appointment babe. It honestly is so quick and uneventful. You'll be more made up about being able to shower if you get the all clear at this appointment lol. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixiedust 3rd September 2013, 8:53 pm

Thanks cookie, will definitely be good to get the all clear for showering! Im just so squeamish I faint at anything lol even the thought of getting the dressings off and seeing anything makes me feel sick lol
Pixiedust
Pixiedust
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Seashell72 3rd September 2013, 9:05 pm

You have done an amazing thing having a BA if you are that squeamish! Good on you!

Here's to your first shower tomorrow!!

Xx
Seashell72
Seashell72
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixiedust 3rd September 2013, 9:08 pm

Haha I know but I knowing I was going to be completley knocked out for that made it much easier!
Pixiedust
Pixiedust
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 3rd September 2013, 9:41 pm

You'll be lying down and you won't have to look at anything x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by misty23 3rd September 2013, 9:58 pm

I had mine last week and the nurse removed my dressings but left the steri strips. She didn't remove them and re-dress them or check my incisions. She told me my stitches were inside and that steri strips would come off on their own. They're still in tact after numerous showers! You'll be fine Hun xx
misty23
misty23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 522

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixiedust 3rd September 2013, 10:00 pm

Oh thanks misty, hope my appointment goes exactly like yours then! Hope your recovery is going well x
Pixiedust
Pixiedust
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misty23 3rd September 2013, 10:04 pm

Thanks pixie. All ok at the moment. Can't believe it's been 2  weeks already. Looking forward to my 5 week check up xx
misty23
misty23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixiedust 3rd September 2013, 10:06 pm

Thats good your recovery is going well misty! your avi looks so fab, im jealous lol
Pixiedust
Pixiedust
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misty23 3rd September 2013, 10:19 pm

Thankyou lovely x I quickly put that bra on for a pic before hurrying back into my comfy post surgery bra! Good luck tomorrow. Let us know how you get on x
misty23
misty23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixiedust 5th September 2013, 7:53 am

Just realised I didnt update this. Well I went for my wound check yesterday and you were all right, I was worrying about nothing lol! The nurse just removed the dressing which was the worst part and checked and said they were healing really well :-) she just put some steri strip on and gave me some to take home, dont really want to have to change them myself though! So it was all very quick and easy like you all said!!
Pixiedust
Pixiedust
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misty23 5th September 2013, 8:25 am

Good news Hun xx
misty23
misty23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixiedust 5th September 2013, 8:29 am

Thanks misty! 
Meant to add I asked the nurse about showering now and she just said they look about 98% healed so should be ok but she'd prefer me to get the all clear from my surgeon so im not sure if im allowed to shower or not?!
Pixiedust
Pixiedust
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down