Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

last minute advice/tips/tricks

+3
COOKIE
jenniferrf1
pinkprincess881
7 posters

Go down

last minute advice/tips/tricks Empty last minute advice/tips/tricks

Post by pinkprincess881 31st August 2013, 7:12 am

Ok so I have 5 sleeps left until my BA.....

So 

• What do I need to do/pack/take
  • What should I wear home
  • What essentials would you recommend to get in for recovery

If you  already had a BA....

•  what would you do differently
  • what wouldn't you have done without? 
  • What would you change if you did it all over again
  • what would you tell everyone who is having a BA to do/get/have 

Thank you :) just don't want to miss anything, or have to send people to get things I've forgotten, I'm so forgetful at the best of times, and organisation isn't one of my strong points!!! 

Xxx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 891

Back to top Go down

last minute advice/tips/tricks Empty Re: last minute advice/tips/tricks

Post by jenniferrf1 31st August 2013, 7:25 am

I'm wearing home just a zip up jumper and loose trousers that I will hopefully be able to get on by myself lol... And flip flops!!

Heard so many things about Ice packs for recovery so I've got them and I'm sure they will come in handy!!

I'm packing a robe and slippers for the walk to theatre, button up pjs, my sports bras, toiletries and a few things to read on my kindle/mags incase I have a wait also!

Can't wait :D it's exciting!! Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 31st August 2013, 8:52 am

pinkprincess881 wrote:
[*]What do I need to do/pack/take
You can find a list of things you might like to take [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

pinkprincess881 wrote:What should I wear home
Anything comfortable. Leggings or track suit pants with a button up or zip up top? You could buy a vest top if you wanted to, but do make sure its large enough to step into and pull up with ease rather than having to pop it over your head. I just wore a onesie to come home in with my lovely comfy slipper boots. I didnt want to change again when I got home so found this most comfortable to travel in.

pinkprincess881 wrote:What essentials would you recommend to get in for recovery
Ice packs, sennakot, anti-histamine, V-pillow.

pinkprincess881 wrote:what would you do differently
I'm an old hand at this now lol... But from my first op, I knew after that there was no need to be sleep sat up. Just head and shoulders raised above the chest was all that was needed.

Getting yourself up and about as soon as you feel able WILL speed your recovery and help you feel better

Don't take the strong pain killers if you don't feel you need to. They can often make you feel sick, they make you constipated and dopey. So the sooner you're off those the better

Don't over do things, no matter how good you feel. Often when you start feeling OK, you can think you're fully healed enough to get everything back to normal - you can't. Although things may look healed on the outside, on the inside you're still very much healing still, so ALWAYS follow your post-op care instruction.

Don't follow other people recovery who are having their surgery on the day or around the day of your own. We all heal at different rates and it can make you quite paranoid if someone is healing quicker than you, so just focus on your own recovery.

pinkprincess881 wrote:what wouldn't you have done without? 
Definitely the V-pillow.

pinkprincess881 wrote:What would you change if you did it all over again
I'd go smaller

pinkprincess881 wrote:what would you tell everyone who is having a BA to do/get/have

Everything I've said above lol

pinkprincess881 wrote:Thank you :) just don't want to miss anything, or have to send people to get things I've forgotten, I'm so forgetful at the best of times, and organisation isn't one of my strong points!!! 

Xxx
Preperation always makes for a better recovery hun :ok:  xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 31st August 2013, 8:58 am

Thank you!!! Just got caught up in the whole "omg I'm getting new boobies" thing that it kind of hit me this morning that this is real and I need to make sure that I have everything properly ready, especially with 2 children at home and  Mr that has to return to work (self employed business) the day after I come home...I mean I will have family and my mam around, but despite their best intentions I would rather have everything organised and ready myself rather than stressing about what I've missed or haven't got! 
Xxx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 31st August 2013, 9:27 am

morning I too had 2 kids too and my husband went back to work until the Fri after my op when we he stopped aswell as the schools for the 2 weeks xmas holidays.  However I managed to get him to start late so that he could do the school run and also drop Ellie at nursery the Wed Thurs and Fri and his mum picked her up at half 2 and Peter managed to get home in time to get them at 3pm, he works for his uncle andis a bricklayer/landscaper so work is slow in December anyway.

How old are your 2 kids?

The things that I took to hospital that I didnt need were my housecoat as the hospital was so so warm and I was wheeled to theatre in my bed, wee but of luxury lol

Im having a reop on the 14th Oct and my must have at hositals are, vaseline for my lips as mine were so so dry when I got to theatre, my kindle, my phone, a few magazines, and some chocolate 100% helps that energy.

I also for at home the Fri and Sat before I fly to Manchester the Sun will be making soups, cassaroles etc etc and having them in the freezer ready to unfreeze and cook, enough for at least the first week.  Also will be getting all the house in order and clothes for the kids looked out as the schools are on holidays the week I have my reop

Like Cookie said get up and about as soon as you can even if its a walk around th garden as it really does get the back loosened again and helps with the bach ache

A V pillow will become ur new best friend lol and I also got a microwavable wheat sack for the lower back for the pain

Also enjoy this experiance its really is great xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 31st August 2013, 9:42 am

Thanks great advice, I'm vetting my v pillow today, and Wednesday my oldest girl goes back to school, so that day will be spent cleaning and sorting house top to bottom! My girls are 5 (almost 6) and 7months . Got someone to do the school run until a week after my op, but I'm sure I can sweet talk  family and friends to helping a little longer than that, and my mam, God mother, one of my sister's, one of my aunties, and a friend, have all got a Rota for coming round and watching My baby during by the day. 

I'm staying overnight and my man is the messiest person ever so I will bloody kill him if the house is upside down when I come home the next day haha I can just see empty coke cans and discarded take away boxes all over the house, wet towels in the bathroom, a sink full of Washington up haha 

Xx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 31st August 2013, 9:49 am

i thought the same about my husband but I got a lovely surprise when I came home and the house was shining lol

Yes lovely you really will need help with the youngest, I was a while before I could change my youngests nappy and she was 2, the thing that I found hardest was not being able to help with the kids, like do my oldests hair etc, and my youngest has cerebal palsy and needs physio 3 times a day and I couldnt help for ages, so keep in mind that you might find it hard and get upset but its normal enjoy the no nappy changing for a while lol lol

You are going to love the whole journey, I promise, even I have with the crap boobs Ive ended up with lol and needing a reop but the way I see it is ive test run these boobs for nearly a year hahaha xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 31st August 2013, 9:58 am

Haha, well I'm just trying to keep myself calm, cos I get excited and giddy over the silliest little things anyway I'm like a big kid, but I can't help walking round with a massive grin on my face, the neighbours must be wondering what's going on me skipping all over the shop and smiling away...they must think I have finally lost the last of my marbles!!!  Xx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 31st August 2013, 10:01 am

haha you deserve to be excited its a big thing for a woman having a BA and its def life changing xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Seashell72 31st August 2013, 9:25 pm

I did not take a v pillow and wish I had especially as comfort for the journey home to soften the seat belt!

I did take sherbet lemon sweets which were great to give an instant sugar hit once I was awake and waiting for my evening snack. They perked me up instantly and seemed to give me a bit of an appetite!

Babywipes were handy too for freshening up.

I did make sure before I left home to go to hospital that I layed my pillows, bottle of water and bed clothes out ready so I could just go upstairs to relax rather than have to ask my sister or husband to help me while they juggled the children, lunch etc. I even took the toilet roll off the holder in our ensuite so I did not have to reach for it! Lol

Xxxxx
Seashell72
Seashell72
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 1st September 2013, 6:12 pm

I wore my pyjamas home with a comfy zip up hoodie over the top and fluffy slippers!

I made sure my house was clean and tidy and that I had some meals in the freezer.

My children are a bit older, so I was fortunate that they could help me, so my husband didn't need to take any time off work. If mine were little I definitely would have needed help.

My v-pillow was essential and I am still sleeping with it.
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 1st September 2013, 6:51 pm

All great advise, onesie or zip up hoodies and joggers to live in for a bit after.
Definatly a v pillow. 

Take some sweets or fave biscuits to nibble after if you do r feel like a big hospital meal.and a bottle of water for ride home.

Make sure you got ready meals/frozen meals in fridge, freezer. And everything at arm level.

Dry shampoo also, as hair washing may not happen for a few days maybe a week after. Or an appointment at hairdressers for a wash and blow dry! X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down