Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

best scar cream - not bio oil??

+6
jilly mak
tinkerbell24
Charlii
LJR
Lozzykins
twig21
10 posters

Go down

best scar cream - not bio oil?? Empty best scar cream - not bio oil??

Post by twig21 30th August 2013, 7:02 am

Hi everyone :)

I am in serious need of some scar cream as I'm nearly 4 weeks post op. My nips are also so dry and havent been able to put anything on as they have only just healed. Please can someone recommend some decent scar cream that works? Ive heard bio oil is not the good as has infact made the scars look worse? thanks in advance ladies xx
twig21
twig21
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

best scar cream - not bio oil?? Empty Re: best scar cream - not bio oil??

Post by Lozzykins 30th August 2013, 7:05 am

I got Dermatix babe. It's £30 a tube from boots.. but either that or Kelo Cote are meant to be best but that is £50 a tube xxx
Lozzykins
Lozzykins
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 173

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 30th August 2013, 7:16 am

Has your PS told you to use Scar Cream?

I was recommended Dermatix, or the silicone sheets are supposed to give excellent results x

I am 4 weeks post op, but I don't think I would be happy using cream just yet - I am sticking to paper tape, and this stays on until it falls off and is then replaced.
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 30th August 2013, 7:21 am

I used the Tamanu balm that THG have and its AMAZING. Dry skin and chaffing gone within 2-3days, and a good consistancy for massaging the scars. Bit stinky, but you get used to it, Has been a god send on my nips and around the scars! But only start using it if you've got the OK to.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 30th August 2013, 10:49 am

Hiay im at work just now but when I get home I will pop the name of the cream on that my surgeon gave me home, he gave me 2 tubes and 100% total sunblock too, the scar cream I know is expensive to buy at the shops but has def helped me, but tbh I think its pot luck when it comes to scars healing etc xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by jilly mak 30th August 2013, 10:53 am

hi all, I have very dry skin around the scars- saw ur post on cremes-!! why is bio oil not good anymore?
jilly mak
jilly mak
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th August 2013, 11:53 am

There's absolutely nothing at all wrong with bio-oil.

It seems clinics are pushing these creams on women to sell from their clinics now and its really not necessary at all.

Infact you don't really need to use anything on your scars if they're healing well, they'll heal perfectly well on their own as you can see from my scars [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] after I had my first BA. I used nothing at all on them.

If you're healing well and would like to use something on the scars to massage them then bio-oil is perfect. It just helps to make that massage easier when you use your finger tips in a circular motion to help break down scar tissue.

IF you were to have problems with scarring then it might help to invest in some of the more expensive scar treatment, although when having problems myself and using almost all of them, I can honestly say they did nothing and I needed scar revision anyway. The CICA- CARE silicone scar sheets did help a little but nothing significant, but if you do have bad scarring it doesn't hurt to try.

If you don't have bad scarring all these scar treatment are a complete waste of money. Its entirely up to you if you want to spend it, but its not necessary at all. Clinics making money on this charging ridiculous prices are just making more money off you its that simple.

If your skin is dry and flaky, your normal moisturiser is more than enough to sort that out! You really don't need to be spending lots of money. What you have in the bathroom cabinet is more than good enough to sort good scars out.

ALWAYS before applying anything to scars ensure you have the all clear from your surgeon. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee123 30th August 2013, 12:01 pm

My boobs were very flaky ( felt like a snake shedding its skin! haha) normal E45 cream worked a teat.. X my surgeon said that was fine. X
Lee123
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 30th August 2013, 3:51 pm

I used bio oil on mine, I can't say that any scar cream will do anything. I have a scar on my arm and I never put anything on it. It's a very small almost invisible scar and my BA scars healed exactly the same. I have scars from chickenpox I had 2 years ago and I've tried everything and nothing improves them
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by clazabella 30th August 2013, 5:22 pm

the way your skin heals (aside from getting infections etc) is totally different for everyone. Some people scar badly some don't. I agree with Cookie that most of these so called miracle scar creams clinics are recommending are a total waste of money. I have a c section scar that healed to the finest line that you wouldn't even know was there and never ever touched it, let alone massages cream into it. The same with stretchmarks - a lot of the reason is how much elastin you have in your skin to allow it to stretch. Any cream massaged into a scar will smooth it a little and break down the scar tissue, it's always best to use something with no perfume in so that it has less chance of causing a reaction but good old baby oil or pure olive oil will do the job just as well. Half the reasons they work is the massaging action not anything that's in the cream
clazabella
clazabella
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 276
Location : Just returned from being an expat in the UAE for 6 years to the good old UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down