Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day surgery

+8
Princessjo30
LJR
dafneylou
Lottie835
COOKIE
clazabella
Bizzyboobs
Fitness Jo
12 posters

Go down

Day surgery  Empty Day surgery

Post by Fitness Jo 17th August 2013, 3:19 pm

2 /3 of the surgeons I am seeing for consultation sometimes do day surgery as well as over night
I will discuss this but has anyone on here gone for that option and does anyone know what would be considered to make you a candidate for this as it must be a bit cheaper i assume? X
Fitness Jo
Fitness Jo
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Day surgery  Empty Re: Day surgery

Post by Fitness Jo 17th August 2013, 3:20 pm

I'm sure you all know what I mean but mean go home same day !
Fitness Jo
Fitness Jo
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzyboobs 17th August 2013, 3:27 pm

Hi Hunni, I wasn't given the option of being a day case, I don't know whether I would've considered it as I'd rather stay in and be monitored..........  
However I'm sure lots of girls have done this and been fine... It's probably me being paranoid...... 
My surgeon uses drains too so I don't know if you could come home with them...... As they get taken out next day..... 
Don't know about the pricing difference, but I'm sure someone with a lot more knowledge then me will be along soon ......
Bizzyboobs
Bizzyboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1438

Back to top Go down

Post by Fitness Jo 17th August 2013, 3:47 pm

If there was no difference in price I would definately stay in. Also I would only go for the option if it was considered a good option for my circumstances
Fitness Jo
Fitness Jo
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clazabella 17th August 2013, 4:10 pm

I had day surgery...had the original op at about 10 in the morning...a reop about 12 and still came home at about 10pm (with drains in!)If it hadn't been for the second surgery then the drains would have been taken out about 8 or 9pm and then i would have gone home. I think as long as there are no complications then day surgery is quite safe..it may also depend on where you live in relation to where you are having surgery as you may need to pop back again the next morning. Personally i was so grateful to get home to my own bed as i hate staying in hospital
clazabella
clazabella
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 276
Location : Just returned from being an expat in the UAE for 6 years to the good old UK

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th August 2013, 4:44 pm

Lots of ladies have day surgery Misty. If you're in good health and the op is straight forward then there's no reason at all why you couldn't be a candidate for day surgery if this is what you preferred.

Its a lot cheaper and IF for any reason after surgery its felt you do need to stay in over night, it would be at no additional cost. The overnight stay would be for free hun. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottie835 17th August 2013, 4:47 pm

Hi I was a day case x had my surgery at 11 and went home at 5ish xxx all went smoothly no sickness I had such a good day and came home with boobs xxx  they took my drains out 20 mins before I left. Not all surgeons use drains some do some dont x  I lived 1,5 hours from the surgery x suppose if you live too far its safer to stay and travel the day after xx 

Each person is different if you have a bad time etc or react bad to GA or get sick or have low blood pressure or dont eat or pee they wont let you home so early xxx depends on individual x hopefully you will be in and out like I was if thats what you would prefer xxx
Lottie835
Lottie835
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 722

Back to top Go down

Post by dafneylou 17th August 2013, 4:53 pm

Hi Hun, I just had my BA as a daycase, it is quite a bit cheaper and I had no problems even though I live a 3 and a half hour journey away which includes a boat! Lol.
I was in at 7, had surgery at 11.30, bk in my room by 1.30 and left at 6.30, I coulda gone earlier, I could of stayed later, they didn't rush me at all, I made sure I got lunch and dinner!! Lol. They won't let you go until they know you are fit enough and will supply you with all you need to go home. I was bk in my bed that night and very grateful not to have to move the next day.
Talk to the surgeons Hun, some don't offer daycase as an option. Xxx
dafneylou
dafneylou
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 17th August 2013, 6:55 pm

I went home the same day, my choice completely, I could have stayed in if I had wanted - it was included in my price.

I just wanted to go home as I felt fine and knew I would be able to stay in bed the next morning!

My op was at 1.30pm and I left at about 8pm.
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessjo30 17th August 2013, 7:54 pm

I had day surgery, I went in at 7am and was released at 6:30 as my surgeon was stuck in surgery and they have to check you over before your allowed home. I was told the minimum I had to stay was 4 hours but waiting for the surgeon delayed that.

I was quite sick allday after the GA and the nurses did check with me a few times if I felt well enough to go home. They have a duty of care to you so you can stay if your deemed not fit enough to leave.

I also had 500 knocked off for having a day case x
Princessjo30
Princessjo30
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1022

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 17th August 2013, 10:13 pm

hi hun, 

both day cases and overnights are very common. sometimes it may be the surgeon's or clinic's preference and just their way of doing things to keep you in overnight (THG do this), or other clinics favour day cases (I was told at a consultation with MYA that most of theirs were day cases unless I wanted to stay).

I didn't have a choice in the matter and stayed overnight, which would have been my preference anyway. just for my own peace of mind, knowing that someone is there literally at the touch of a button, the bed that i could adjust in all sorts of heights, and not being scared that something could go wrong. also it meant that the day of surgery i could just really take it easy after my op, sleep off the GA and chill, and not think about the journey home until the next day!
but as i said, personal preference if you can choose. if not, then its decided for you anyway x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassysazzle 17th August 2013, 11:10 pm

I'm gonna  be day surgery hon and I'm having drains, this option saved me £500! Xx
Sassysazzle
Sassysazzle
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 971

Back to top Go down

Post by jakki32 18th August 2013, 8:30 am

I was down as a day surgery, but I ended up going down very late ( from 2nd on the list), was kept over night at surgeons request, I only was a 20 min drive away! But I didn't mind. And no extra cost. Just be aware that you may have to stay in if late surgery etc x
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 18th August 2013, 8:50 am

Hi hun.

I was a daycase.. In at 10:45 and I waa home by around 3pm. My arrangement was that if i wasnt well i would be kept overnight free of charge. My mum is a nurse though so i had her there looking after me and did ring out of hours doc because i was sick at around 9pm. He came out to give me cyclone (anti-sickness jab). Id do daycase again in a flash though.. Was nice to be in my own bed xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down