Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pill.

4 posters

Go down

The Pill. Empty The Pill.

Post by yolanda12310 4th August 2013, 6:09 am

So I would like to plan it so i wont be on my period for my op and maybe the first week at least. Just cant be dealing with pms and being delicate after surgery and ga so need to know if taking the pill effects anything in the lead up to the surgery? Im sure i can ask my surgeon when i meet with him on the 7th of this month fir the last time before surgery but interested to see what you ladies were told regarding this?

Thanks in advance!
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

The Pill. Empty Re: The Pill.

Post by jenniferrf1 4th August 2013, 6:28 am

im allowed to stay on the pill which I was happy about but before I knew that I counted ahead and worked out I won't be on during so I didn't ask anymore, I think ask the surgeon to make sure, I was planning to not have a break for that time like I so sometimes if I'm due on whilst on holiday! Good luck xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th August 2013, 10:46 am

Some surgeons will request you stop taking your pill on the run to up surgery Yolanda so you may have that control taken away if this is the case and you were to have a period then.

Others are like in Jennifer's case just fine with you being on the pill.

Its your decision hun. I can't see that it would do any harm as its something all of us women have done at some time and I can't see that a GA would have any reaction at all because all you're doing is changing your hormonal cycle and as you can have a GA when on a period or not, it should be fine.

What I will say though is that even though you've controlled the pill, you may still risk the possibility of still having a period because the GA itself messes with your hormones something rotten and have been known to bring on a period, or to deter a period for weeks!

If this were to happen though i really wouldn't worry about it... I had my period the day of surgery, it came early, probably through stress and I ended up with a bloody kingsize mattress of a sanitary towel supplied by the hospital lol, but was OK to use tampons right after surgery..

I managed just fine Yolanda and that was with a very difficult recovery. So don't worry about it too much babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 4th August 2013, 11:22 am

Thank you ladies.
This helps a lot, I will def ask now I know that people have been told different things and hope that I will be allowed to continue taking them. If not then its not the end of the world.
Thank you again for your advice.
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 4th August 2013, 3:09 pm

The pill increases your risk of DVT so it's advisable to stop taking it x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 4th August 2013, 3:16 pm

Oh fair enough! Well I'll be best to stop taking it then I guess. Still will ask surgeon on wednesday but yeah looks like ill stop taking it around the 2 week before mark like everything else you have to stop consuming.

Not like theres gonna be much hanky panky in my first week of recovery as im staying at my sisters for the first week lol.
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down