Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second consultation

5 posters

Go down

Second consultation Empty Second consultation

Post by Bexx9 31st July 2013, 1:31 pm

Hi girls
Went back to see my surgeon today just to take my 'Google paranoias' to him and clarify a few bits.
So as I said previously I'm having implants and an uplift at Cheshire Spire....

Because I don't have perfectly even sized breasts he was reluctant to talk specific ccs and was quite vague because his judgement will be the main thing on the day. But essentially I will be having around 300cc on the smaller breast I think he said. He was very reassuring about not looking silly, which my husband and I keep laughing about and slightly worrying that they might look too obvious or just large. So he reassured me and said he will ensure he gives me exactly what I'm looking for.
I'm having overs as i have sufficient breast tissue to allow for this and he reassured me that there shouldn't be any stretch marks etc because if anything I have the skin just not the volume any more so I felt ok about that.
He really wouldn't discuss cup sizes more chest wall sizes, my chest wall is about 12cm so that's how I need to think of my implants rather than ccs. He also pointed out and was very vocal that ccs on one frame may be very different from ccs on my frame. I think I come away a little less confused, still not clear about what size I am going to be but I do trust him and his judgement so I feel a lot better. 

I asked about aftercare and guarantees and he confirmed I will be having Allergan shaped implants which offers a lifetime guarantee on the product. The Hospital offers 12 months for replacement surgery and there is a two year programme which I pay £150 for to cover replacement works should the need arise. I do just need to clarify that that programme runs after the hospital programme has expired, which would make total sense.

He also mentioned that the three largest manufacturers are closer to getting together to create an insurance scheme which would cover replacing of implants should the need arise... Not available yet but sounded like it may not be too far away either.

The guy is so cool and calm it really does reassure you and I can't believe the next time I'm there it will be the big day

Eaaak

Oh one last thing, I asked about the need to avoid alcohol and he said there was no need, I probably would want a tipple the night before and that's fine! 
I'm not a massive drinker and was fully prepared not to drink two weeks before, but has anyone else had this advice? I might still do it anyway, can't hurt can it

Bec xx:flash:
Bexx9
Bexx9
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 195

Back to top Go down

Second consultation Empty Re: Second consultation

Post by jenniferrf1 31st July 2013, 1:41 pm

Good to read your update Bex.

Ild also be slightly confused if I came away not knowing what cc's I was having but the trust you have in your chosen surgeon is so important that it shows you really like him :) we've all seen from cookie that he has a great CV and im sure your be in excellent hands :)

I also admire that he set up the BAAPS insurance programme meaning that they are able to compete with the other clinics :)

The alcohol thing worries me a lot as we all know it thins the blood ... but again if hes given you that advice then fair enough! If I was given that advice I still wouldn't drink for two weeks before lol but that's just me!

Congrats on booking your BA :) Really hope your happy xxxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 31st July 2013, 1:43 pm

This. Is why I LOVE Mr McGod sooooo much!

He very much won't give you BIG boobs if your body just can't take them. As you very kindly explained Bex, he focuses on your BWD which is so important when choosing the size of the implant. If the base of the implant is larger than your BWD then your heading into high risk territory there.

He's a very sensible surgeon and I know from when I took my own daughter to see him that if he doesn't think something is possible, he confident in himself to say no..l there's no maybes, now we'll see, he is so methodical in his consultation that you know he's going to give the best look possible with the least amount of risks. This is why his complication rate is low.

You're the first I've heard that has been allowed to have alcohol Bex as it acts a blood thinner. I personally wouldn't risk it, but if your surgeon says its ok 'for you' then it should be fine. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 31st July 2013, 1:49 pm

I have also been told by my surgeon i am ok to drink alcohol in the run up, just not 24 hours before.  I have clarified and re clarified this with first his secretary, then with the pre-op nurse today, and finally with him!!!  So you are not alone.  My surgery is next wednesday, i have not had a drink since Saturday, we are at a festival this weekend so i may allow myself a glass of wine on fri/sat if i fancy it (will have kids with us so need to be sensible anyway) and then leave off it from Sunday.

Glad i am not the only one with this advice....he is baaps too and at BMI hospital.  The nurse today said in her 5 years at the hospital she had never heard that advice
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 31st July 2013, 1:51 pm

sorry that was 15 years at the hospital
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by Bexx9 31st July 2013, 1:52 pm

I don't think I am going to risk it to be honest, I also read it helps you recover for the weeks afterward if you don't drink so I think I shall stop 2 weeks before and until I'm feeling fully well afterwards.

I honestly don't have an alcohol problem girls xxx
Bexx9
Bexx9
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bexx9 31st July 2013, 1:53 pm

One week to go, you must be so so excited!!!
Bexx9
Bexx9
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 31st July 2013, 1:56 pm

Hi Bex, glad you feel confident in Mr McGeorge and are happy with his advice. 

I had a consultation with him the other week and I come away feeling a bit upset as I thought the size he recommended me seemed small and he didn't seem to explain much about alternatives - he advised me of the size that he thought was best and told me not to focus on volume, this was a good size for me.  

I should have asked more questions looking back but I never.  I just didn't feel confident going with that recommended size.

I have now booked with a different BAAPS surgeon in Liverpool, I think at this consultation I just felt more prepared and I liked the fact he let me try implants and gave a bit more choice on size which Mr McG didn't do.  So for ME this felt better.  I have no doubt however that Mr McGeorge is an excellent surgeon and he is very relaxed and is obviously very confident in his work.
Good luck with your surgery, I'm sure you will be very happy with your results!
xxx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by Bexx9 31st July 2013, 2:03 pm

Yes I know what you mean re not seeing them, think it would really help to put context to the conversation. Good luck for your surgery xx
Bexx9
Bexx9
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 31st July 2013, 2:09 pm

Yes definitely.  You could always have a go at making some rice boobs! I think with Mr McG you have to let his reputation speak for itself and trust what he advises you - that seems to be his style! As long as you are confident that he knows exactly the look you are going for (and you seem to) then that's great!! Boobie day is so close!! exciting   dance xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 31st July 2013, 4:37 pm

Just to show you confirmation that the ASC insurance starts 'after' your aftercare runs out Bex, have a read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bexx9 31st July 2013, 7:55 pm

Mistys abs?? They're fab btw :)
Bexx9
Bexx9