Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DID YOU TAKE ANYONE WITH YOU AT CONSULTATION?

+14
melloumaw
Daisylou
natalia
kld247
Stephy x
CJA2010
Phoebe
chicksville
fluffy_bunn1e
Elizabethvb20
COOKIE
mizzpink23
Peachy34
daisymay
18 posters

Go down

DID YOU TAKE ANYONE WITH YOU AT CONSULTATION? Empty DID YOU TAKE ANYONE WITH YOU AT CONSULTATION?

Post by daisymay 10th August 2010, 8:42 pm

Hi, just wondered if many of you took someone in with you when you had your consultation?Was thinking of asking my husband to come in with me or do you think it a bit strange? DID YOU TAKE ANYONE WITH YOU AT CONSULTATION? 571992
daisymay
daisymay
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

DID YOU TAKE ANYONE WITH YOU AT CONSULTATION? Empty Re: DID YOU TAKE ANYONE WITH YOU AT CONSULTATION?

Post by Peachy34 10th August 2010, 8:49 pm

I took my husband to 2 out of 3 consults and a girl who was there at the same time as me took her Mum. Its not wierd at all taking your husband for moral support mine found it reassuring to meet the man who was going to be handling my boobies and to listen to information about the procedure ,he said he felt included and I personally liked the fact that he was there I went to one on my own and would have preferred him to be there :)
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

DID YOU TAKE ANYONE WITH YOU AT CONSULTATION? Empty Re: DID YOU TAKE ANYONE WITH YOU AT CONSULTATION?

Post by COOKIE 10th August 2010, 8:51 pm

My husband came with me.

I think it's best to have someone with you as quite often you don't take in everything that was said as excitement or nerves get the better of you, so it's good to have that other person to recite back to you all the things you missed. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 10th August 2010, 8:51 pm

no i dont think thats strange at all, its probly better having somneone with you as you may find during the consultation that theres so much to take in,and due to nerves that having a second pair of ears really helps incase you forget anything thats been discussed xx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2048

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabethvb20 10th August 2010, 8:51 pm

I went by myself during work! DID YOU TAKE ANYONE WITH YOU AT CONSULTATION? 727935
Elizabethvb20
Elizabethvb20
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by daisymay 10th August 2010, 8:54 pm

Thanks for responding so quick, i think i will go in with my husband as you said 2 pairs of ears better than one and it's reasuring for him to meet the surgeon. DID YOU TAKE ANYONE WITH YOU AT CONSULTATION? 683328
daisymay
daisymay
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 10th August 2010, 9:03 pm

i took myy fiance, tho got him to wait outside at first for the taking my top of bit , after all the measuring etc was out the way, then he came in, to listen to all the serious stuff, like Cookie has said, you dont take it all in and good to have someone else there with a level head xx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 10th August 2010, 9:43 pm

I had to takemy son with me (18 months), not a good idea. I wish i didn't have to but i have no one to look after him while my husband is at work.

Have got another consultation next week and have got to take him again.

To be honest am losing heart a bit with this as am not getting the money together as quick as i thought and am feeling a bit down. I will keep going as i know i can make the amount i need. Just wish i could save it quicker.
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1694

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 10th August 2010, 10:24 pm

chicksville wrote:I had to takemy son with me (18 months), not a good idea. I wish i didn't have to but i have no one to look after him while my husband is at work.

To be honest am losing heart a bit with this as am not getting the money together as quick as i thought and am feeling a bit down. I will keep going as i know i can make the amount i need. Just wish i could save it quicker.

lol,i had to take my daughter,who was 3 at the time to one of my consultations, and it was soo embarrasing as my daughter kept trying to pull my top down, and then she was hitting n kicking me, i could tell the patient coordinator wasnt imppressed at all, cringe!!! DID YOU TAKE ANYONE WITH YOU AT CONSULTATION? 557141
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2048

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 11th August 2010, 5:54 am

My sister came with me to all of my visits pre and post op, as I get so embarrassed I seem to revert to a 5 year old lol. I tell her all the things I want to know so she can remind me when Im in there, She takes in all the information I need and then I can ask her what he said about this and that.
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by CJA2010 11th August 2010, 6:46 am

I took my boyf to all of my consulations and my mum came as well wheni had a pre-op as she wanted to see what I was going to look like post op, so there was the 3 of us for that session.

Personally, I'd recommend you take someone in with you as the girls have said you don't take everything in when you're so it's good to talk it through afterwards. Also I found it really helpful when trying on the implants as it gave me a second opinion. Lastly, it gave my boyf the chance to ask whatever questions he had to the nurse / surgeon which I loved as he actually asked questions that I hadn't even thought of! Plus, I feel it's really important to get the support at every step of the way when you're going on this journey as you will go through a range of emotions and it was really nice to be able to get that support from him.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your consultation. Xx
CJA2010
CJA2010
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy x 11th August 2010, 6:53 am

I took my husband & little boy who was 10 months old at the time. Was a nightmare with him there. So on my 2nd consult just Hubs came with me :-) so much better x
Stephy x
Stephy x
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by kld247 11th August 2010, 7:14 am

chicksville wrote:I had to takemy son with me (18 months), not a good idea. I wish i didn't have to but i have no one to look after him while my husband is at work.

Don't get disheartened honey, I was like this the other week and felt awful but I'm back on track now. Sometimes things just take a bit longer and Rome wasn't built in a week ha ha!
It's always better to not be rushed anyway so you have no regrets about your decisions later xxx

I wish I could take my fiance with me but he has to work as he's self employed, we've said when I come to a final decision he can come with me then as he just can't spare all that time to see 3/4 different companies.
I'm making sure I have my checklist with me though DID YOU TAKE ANYONE WITH YOU AT CONSULTATION? 184153
kld247
kld247
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 11th August 2010, 7:28 am

yep i took my boyfriend with me xxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylou 11th August 2010, 7:44 am

I went to my consultations on my own. I think it would be good to have your hubby with you, when I was trying to tell hubby everything that had been said I forgot some bits!! xxx
Daisylou
Daisylou
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 11th August 2010, 10:12 am

i took my dad lol(not into the consultation)
my husband was working and my dad knew the way,i was too nervous to drive
mel x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 577

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 11th August 2010, 10:39 am

I took my then boyfriend with me to my consultations. I booked in with My Breast in the morning and then Transform in the afternoon. We made a day of it and had lunch in the middle!

I took my mum with me to my pre op medical check as she was worried and it helped to reassure her.

I think it's a good idea to take someone with you, it helps incase you forget questions etc.

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 11th August 2010, 10:50 am

i took my boyfriend with me.
It didnt even cross my mind to go alone.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 11th August 2010, 5:28 pm

i had planned to take my hubby but we had nobody to look after our daughter and she's old enough to talk to people about mummy taking her top off in front of a strange man DID YOU TAKE ANYONE WITH YOU AT CONSULTATION? 557141 but i would have liked him to be there
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by titanic_girl 11th August 2010, 5:37 pm

I took my boyfriend to both of mine.
titanic_girl
titanic_girl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 814

Back to top Go down

Post by daisymay 12th August 2010, 9:23 am

Thanks for all your helpfull replies, hubbie and me both going today at 4.30!!! DID YOU TAKE ANYONE WITH YOU AT CONSULTATION? 839911
daisymay
daisymay
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kld247 12th August 2010, 9:28 am

Good luck honey, hope it all goes ok xx DID YOU TAKE ANYONE WITH YOU AT CONSULTATION? 184153
kld247
kld247
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down