Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long after op can you wear a bikini?

5 posters

Go down

How long after op can you wear a bikini? Empty How long after op can you wear a bikini?

Post by Fitness Jo 24th July 2013, 12:42 pm

Hi girls my Internet broke and its finally been fixed so after my initial hello I couldn't get back on here!
I'm back
We have just booked a holiday for 9 dec & I plan to have the op beginning of November ! Will I be able to wear a bikini by then?
Fitness Jo
Fitness Jo
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

How long after op can you wear a bikini? Empty Re: How long after op can you wear a bikini?

Post by jenniferrf1 24th July 2013, 12:47 pm

Probably not, after the op you are required to wear a sports bra 24/7 for at least six weeks... And also normally recommended is that you need to be so careful for up to 6 months after the op because of your scars, and also that your skin will be stretched and can burn so you will need to cover your chest area from the sun. I think it's also recommended no long haul flights for 12 weeks after a BA xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

How long after op can you wear a bikini? Empty Re: How long after op can you wear a bikini?

Post by COOKIE 24th July 2013, 1:08 pm

'Generally' surgeons will require you to wear a sportsbra for anything between 4-12 weeks depending on healing. Some surgeons may not want you to wear a sportsbra at all!

Its all dependent on what your surgeon wants for you babe.

If you're still in sportsbras when you go on holiday, I'd just look for some nice crop tops to help cover the sportsbras and wear those with some matching bikini bottoms you might have.

Until you get the all clear from your surgeon you also won't be able to go into the pool or the sea due to the risk of infection. This is for about approximately 6 weeks.

There's no reason at all even if you are still in sportsbras why you wouldn't be able to still enjoy your holiday Jo, but just protect the skin on the breast area with a high sun factor (factor 50) because that newly stretched skin is going to be super sensitive and very likely to burn, and under no circumstances expose your scars to the sunlight or to sunbeds until they are one year post-op. this is due to the risk of pigmentation of the scar hun (going brown) xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 24th July 2013, 2:24 pm

It will be up to your surgeon hun, I was allowed to wear a bikini at 6 weeks but with high factor sun cream and you must keep your scars covered. I wasn't allowed to go swimming in a swimming pool or the sea for 3 months.

I also would suggest some nice crop tops just incase you are still in the sports bras, and they will help keep your boobs protected from the sun x
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by Fitness Jo 24th July 2013, 3:51 pm

Oh no :( I live in sports bras at the gym ! Trying to fit the boobs in between my next comp and thought as I can't train might as well have 2 of those non training as holiday . Didn't really think this through but we booked the holiday and paid for it as it is more of a priority than the boobs ! Time wise it wouldn't really work having them after the holiday as I wouldn't be in condition for my June Show ! Will just have to see what the surgeon says at consultation . Thanks girls x
Fitness Jo
Fitness Jo
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th July 2013, 3:56 pm

Good luck Jo. Hope it all goes your way lovely. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 24th July 2013, 3:59 pm

Aww hope it all works out like cookie says!! Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 24th July 2013, 4:16 pm

No, you'll still be in sports bras. you'll be able to wear a bikini at either 6 or 12 weeks post op, but you won't be able to sunbathe until 6 months post op x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down