Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scar worries..

+6
Sophia6102
Sezbaby2
Vix85
Charlii
Blueeyedsoul13
g0902
10 posters

Go down

Scar worries.. Empty Scar worries..

Post by g0902 17th July 2013, 11:56 pm

I was 6 weeks post op today and although my scars seem to be healing well I am terrified to have a shower without my micropore tape covering them! My surgeon said to put it on for the next 2/3 weeks...5 weeks ago! Am I being over cautious? Do most girls have the all clear to stop using micropore at this stage post op? X
g0902
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Scar worries.. Empty Re: Scar worries..

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 18th July 2013, 7:45 am

hi hun, 
i'm nearly 4 weeks now and have been showering without anything on my scars since the 3 week mark. if shampoo runs over them just let clear water run over them afterwards.
at the 5 week mark i'll be allowed to use bio oil or moisturisers on them..

to be honest hun at 6 weeks they'll be all closed up so i'm sure theres no need to worry! :) x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 18th July 2013, 7:51 am

Hey G. I got the all clear for micropore-less showers at 2wks, and I'll be honest - I had a massive freak out, and ended up crying on the couch to hubby that the scabs were going to wash off and it would bleed everywhere and they'd fall out (so just a little OTT!!) But it was fine, and they didnt fall out!

Im just a little ahead of you, and my scars are completely closed and I've been massaging Tamanu balm into them for 2wks now. Trust me, they will be fine. And if your implants fall out, im sure thats covered by the aftercare!!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 18th July 2013, 7:56 am

Hey girls,

Thanks for the reausurance! I still keep worrying about infections even though my scars are completely closed over! So silly I guess lol. Do either of u still wear the micropore during the day?

Haha Charlii, if they fall out ill be baxk to my clinic this afternoon with one in each hand demanding an immediate reop!!! Haha xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 18th July 2013, 8:03 am

Haha, just flop them on the receptionists desk - "fix it!"

No, Ive not worn the micropore since wk3. If you no longer need to wear it, I'd let your skin breath for a bit, as my dry skin arount the scars is only just getting better. Plus I react a little to sticky, so wanted rid as soon as. But if you're worried about your bra rubbing or anything, just stick a cotton pad inside to protect it.

Its not silly at all, these things are bound to play on your mind, as all we want is a nice healthy recovery with no complications :)
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 18th July 2013, 8:08 am

Haha I don't think I would even speak to the receptionist. Id barge right through into my surgeons office!! Haha

Thats a good idea about thr pads insise the bra! I have been worrying about the band rubbing them. My skin was also reaally dry after my BA..not jist under the scars but my whole chest! Probably thr GA ir my skin stretching! 

Oh I am nervous about my first shower witt no micropore on my scars! Haha :) good to get back to normal though xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix85 18th July 2013, 8:47 am

good to hear you can shower hun, you must be healing well otherwise you wouldn't be given the all clear:) I was showering at 10days with nothing on so I'm confident you'll be fine g xx
Vix85
Vix85
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 542

Back to top Go down

Post by Sezbaby2 18th July 2013, 9:37 am

its normal what your feeling i was the same babe but you wont damange them just let the water run over them, dont face directly to the shower head until you get used to it, also dont used perfumed soap dor a bit until they are fully healed.
you will be fine x
Sezbaby2
Sezbaby2
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia6102 18th July 2013, 10:25 am

I'm 3 weeks and have been showering since 2 weeks with nothing on them and had uplift and implants and honestly there's nothing I worry about so just enjoy the shower :) x
Sophia6102
Sophia6102
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 547

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 18th July 2013, 11:48 am

You're fine to remove the micropore now hun. When showering, don't soap your scars and rub them, just allow the water of the shower to run over them, this is more than enough to keep your scars clean and be sure to thoroughly dry afterwards with a cool setting on the hairdryer and gently blow them dry. Don't massage them at all though until you get the all clear from your surgeon. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 18th July 2013, 11:52 am

Hope your shower goes well G, I do think about this because I like a really hot shower so thinking ill have too cool it down so the scabs don't go really soft and fall off lol! xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by jsweetie 18th July 2013, 4:50 pm

Hi g0902, I share your concerns xx I was 6 weeks post op yesterday, and I still have my micropore tape on. I'm going on holiday next week and was getting a little concerned as to whether I should go in the pool ( as I'm also paranoid about infection) so I went to see my GP so  she could have a look at my scars to make sure they are healing correctly. She said they were healing well and that I was fine to go in the pool, she didn't say whether I could be tape free. However, hospital paperwork says I should leave tape on until my 3 month check up, but after reading some of the others girls comments (removing tape at 3 weeks etc) I'm not sure what to do.panic
jsweetie
jsweetie
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 18th July 2013, 5:44 pm

Thanks so much cookie, vix, sezbaby, sophia, jsweetie and jennifer! appreciate all the advice you girls have given. I had my shower this morning.. MICROPORE FREE! :) Scars still fine... thank goodness :)

Jsweetie - I was 6 weeks yesterday too! We had surgery the same day - I didn't even realise. Its nice to have someone going through all the same changes as me at the same time! :) That was a good idea going to see your GP. My mum is a nurse, and used to work at a wound clinic, and she says they are healing perfectly. She was also surprised I had to wait 1 week before having  shower after my OP - usually its within 1/2 days. I go on holidays at the end of August - so excited to wear a bikini, but i also share your concerns about the pool. maybe contact your clinic to ask her hun? My surgeon said to treat boobs as my own from 4 weeks when I asked him about holidays xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jsweetie 18th July 2013, 6:42 pm

Have you left your micropore tape off now, after your shower. I'm still not sure whether to. xxDon't even get me started on bikini shopping!! growl Ha Ha!! I was really excited about getting some new bikinis for holiday, but it's been a nightmare trying to find non-wired, fully supporting, halter neck bikinis (which are the type Mrs Kat recommended to me). Luckily, I did find 2, and weirdly, I've got an old one (pre-boobs) that still fits. They will have to do for this holiday, but I'll go out and buy some nice wired ones for next time. xx
jsweetie
jsweetie
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 18th July 2013, 6:52 pm

Yes I have left the tape off to let the air around them! I got 2 wired bikinis and one non-wired black one in Tesco! It is a support halterneck one! I will be 13 weeks/3 months when i go away so my holiday is planned perfectly  in time for wires!! xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jsweetie 18th July 2013, 7:02 pm

I've only just put fresh tape on , so I think I'll wait until this comes off and then like you leave it off to let the air get to the scars. I'm really looking forward to being able to wear wires, there'll be so much choice of beautiful underwear and bikinis then xx
jsweetie
jsweetie
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 19th July 2013, 9:15 pm

Hi hun, thanks for starting this thread, this is a concern for me too as I've to remove the micropore in 3 weeks or so. I was wondering, did anyone use a special type of shower gel to protect the scars? I'm thinking of getting one with natural ingredients and no alcohol just in case...xx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 579

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 20th July 2013, 9:13 am

i just have all my normal shampoo etc run over my scars, i just make sure that i follow that by letting clear water run over them, then i pat them dry with a cotton wool pad and all seems to be fine! x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 20th July 2013, 12:47 pm

Ahh, ok. I just cringe at the thought of anything getting in them! Eekk xx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 579

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th July 2013, 5:25 pm

I did the same as Blue hun. You don't have to touch the scars at all. The water from your shower running over your boobs (water running clear) is all that's needed to keep them clean :ok: 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 20th July 2013, 7:45 pm

I had my shower and done the exact same as blue and cookie have recommended :) they have been fine!:) xxx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 21st July 2013, 12:00 am

glad you had a good shower :)
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down