Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

back to see my surgeon....

4 posters

Go down

back to see my surgeon.... Empty back to see my surgeon....

Post by g0902 10th July 2013, 1:41 pm

As many of you know I have been having a little wobble with regards to my post op size - i don't feel they are the size I had expected - i do love the shape of the anatomicals though! Although I am aware that there are no guarantees with post op size, i cant help but feel a little disappointed. 

So after a few emotional weeks, I have decided i am ready to go back to my clinic to express my concerns . I have booked an appointment for the 30th July - at this stage I will be just under 2 months post op - I know its VERY early on, but i figured the sooner i express concern ,the better in the long run. Its highly unlikely that my clinic won't offer a free reop but i have heard that most clinics do offer a discount for return patients. So I'm praying my surgeon will be able to offer me the same. I do intend to wait at least 10-12 months before even considering a re-op and to make sure that my body is fully recovered. not to mention saving up some money again!

Was just wondering if any girls had gone back to their clinic with any similar concerns? I am worried that I may offend my surgeon (he is such a lovely man and a fab surgeon, so the last thing i would want to do is criticise him!!)  How should i approach it? My mum and boyfriend think I am going mad lol so I'm worried about bringing either of them along for support!  Would be a lot easier if I could bring one of the BJSF girls with me!!!

x
g0902
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 616

Back to top Go down

back to see my surgeon.... Empty Re: back to see my surgeon....

Post by g0902 10th July 2013, 1:42 pm

That was supposed to say"highly unlikely that my clinic will offer a free reop"
g0902
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th July 2013, 1:51 pm

Don't worry about offending your surgeon G, this is YOUR body and if you're not happy with the outcome you should express that concern when you see your surgeon.

Its good that you're prepared to wait before making any definite decisions and you know how early on in your recovery you are because there are changes ahead still, but in saying that you're absolutely right to get those concerns down in writing. Do ensure as this is so important to you that you get what YOU say in those notes and not what your surgeon says

For example

You say I'm not happy with the size and I think they're too small

Your surgeon writes:

The size is perfect for the patient and looks good on her frame, but the patient raised concerns about size. I saw no reason for these concerns.

This will be very condemning should you go for a free re-op later.

What you want writing is

Patient has expressed great concern about size and is very unhappy.

You do not want the surgeons comment after that, so do be clear and concise in what you want writing in those notes babe. This really is so important. I know you like your surgeon but you're going to like that free re-op more if you can get it and this is the starting point and what will be referred to when it gets passed to management for approval.

I personally think you look amazing babe and have a VERY envious result. But they're not my boobs, they're yours and its you who has to live with them and if you're not happy hun, nothing anyone says will change your mind.

I hope in time you come to love them but if not, I hope things regarding a re-op go smoothly for you. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 10th July 2013, 1:59 pm

Hi G, im glad you've booked a consultation to express your concerns and like cookie said don't worry about offending your surgeon because its not his work your unhappy with its the size! Im also glad your waiting because like you said, in the next months your boobs will continue to change :)

I also think your avi looks amazing but again its your body and you need to do whats best for you...
good luck G xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 10th July 2013, 2:02 pm

cookie wrote:Don't worry about offending your surgeon G, this is YOUR body and if you're not happy with the outcome you should express that concern when you see your surgeon.

Its good that you're prepared to wait before making any definite decisions and you know how early on in your recovery you are because there are changes ahead still, but in saying that you're absolutely right to get those concerns down in writing. Do ensure as this is so important to you that you get what YOU say in those notes and not what your surgeon says

For example

You say I'm not happy with the size and I think they're too small

Your surgeon writes:

The size is perfect for the patient and looks good on her frame, but the patient raised concerns about size. I saw no reason for these concerns.

This will be very condemning should you go for a free re-op later.

What you want writing is

Patient has expressed great concern about size and is very unhappy.

You do not want the surgeons comment after that, so do be clear and concise in what you want writing in those notes babe. This really is so important. I know you like your surgeon but you're going to like that free re-op more if you can get it and this is the starting point and what will be referred to when it gets passed to management for approval.

I personally think you look amazing babe and have a VERY envious result. But they're not my boobs, they're yours and its you who has to live with them and if you're not happy hun, nothing anyone says will change your mind.

I hope in time you come to love them but if not, I hope things regarding a re-op go smoothly for you. Xx

Thank you Cookie! I love how you put things - makes things 100 times better :)

I will make sure what my surgeon writes reflects exactly how I feel in my notes. My surgeon is the medical director of my clinic - does this mean he would be likely to make the final decision anyway? It is a private clinic, so unlike the big commercial clinics id say it is unlikely that they have a board or anything.. but I'm not 100% sure. As much as I would love to get a free re-op, I am highly doubting that will even be an option for me as I got the size I asked for - they just don't look it at all!!

Thank you so much - I do love them and they are one million times better than before - but thinking that I could potentially have these implants for 10 years and still be unhappy- i know in 2/3 years I would say 'I should have went back when i had the chance.' they would tell me to run and jump if i went back with size concerns in 3 years time!! lol xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 10th July 2013, 2:05 pm

jenniferrf1 wrote:Hi G, im glad you've booked a consultation to express your concerns and like cookie said don't worry about offending your surgeon because its not his work your unhappy with its the size! Im also glad your waiting because like you said, in the next months your boobs will continue to change :)

I also think your avi looks amazing but again its your body and you need to do whats best for you...
good luck G xxx

Thank you Jennifer - I spoke to his PA and expressed my concerns and she told me I should have an appointment before my 13 week review - I am just hoping my surgeon will understand my concerns! Really appreciate your comments though hun, don't know where i would be without you girls xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th July 2013, 2:17 pm

You have a very realistic loom at things G and yes, it is highly doubtful that a re-op for aesthetic reasons will be granted. But its not unknown! We have had one lady here, I forgotten her name sorry, who had a re-op because she was very unhappy with the outcome.

If this is your surgeons 'private practise' then yes. All final decisions will be his. But that's not to say you should let him loose with the pen because of this lol. You still need to ensure 'your words' are what's written.

Your surgeon will see MANY patients in the time you're away and your concerns will be forgotten until your next visit and its the notes he wrote last time he saw you that are going to jog his memory. If they're to his advantage he's going to dismiss any thought of a re-op, but if they're to yours... He's going to take consideration very carefully babe.

Always think 3 steps ahead of where you are now and that's what you need to keep in mind to stay ahead of these very clever surgeons lol. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 10th July 2013, 2:49 pm

cookie wrote:You have a very realistic loom at things G and yes, it is highly doubtful that a re-op for aesthetic reasons will be granted. But its not unknown! We have had one lady here, I forgotten her name sorry, who had a re-op because she was very unhappy with the outcome.

If this is your surgeons 'private practise' then yes. All final decisions will be his. But that's not to say you should let him loose with the pen because of this lol. You still need to ensure 'your words' are what's written.

Your surgeon will see MANY patients in the time you're away and your concerns will be forgotten until your next visit and its the notes he wrote last time he saw you that are going to jog his memory. If they're to his advantage he's going to dismiss any thought of a re-op, but if they're to yours... He's going to take consideration very carefully babe.

Always think 3 steps ahead of where you are now and that's what you need to keep in mind to stay ahead of these very clever surgeons lol. Xx

Thanks Cookie - I am trying to be realistic with myself so that i don't get my hopes up to be let down! "Prepare for the worst, and hope for the best" - my dads famous words lol. That was brilliant for that lady who was able to get a free reop! I have heard of a few clinics requiring the patient to pay for at least the implants and getting a discount on the surgeon fee's... i would be happy with this!

Im not sure if it is actually his own private practice, but he is definitely the medical director - which i assume, is the highest employee of the clinic. I will try to keep ahead of him though! Im just hoping they won't try to fob me off because of my age :/ but i will definitely make sure i get my say, and my words are on the notes! xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 10th July 2013, 3:06 pm

I hope he understands too, I always expect the worse so if I get better news than its a bonus lol!
I think your being very realistic though, you know theres a good chance it wont be free and you may have to pay more money but who knows, just have to wait and see what he says! :)

But lets hope in these next few months you continue to see changes...who knows how your be feeling then :) Still cant believe how long ago your BA was lol xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 10th July 2013, 3:26 pm

My dad ALWAYS says that too! so that is exactly how i am approaching this situation lol. at the end of the day, i have nothing to loose by going back to him!  I just feel like, yeah i spent £4600 on the surgery, but what is that amount of money if I'm still not happy? id rather spend £9000 and be delighted than 4600 and be unhappy!

I know!! the time just flies by! I am actually 5 weeks today. I feel 100% back to myself.. its great! I am so excited for you!! xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 10th July 2013, 3:35 pm

Thank you!! Ive seen so many girls here go for their BA when its my turn im unsure it will feel real lool! I hope you and the other girls still log on here in September :)

if I were in your situation then I would do the same aswell, if it will make you happy then its worth it... im going to have my BA but told it may not fully correct my areolas so if not I will have an areola reduction when I am able to which will be 2600 on top (hope I get some money off if it comes to that) so I have got it on my mind like you! xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th July 2013, 3:37 pm

If he's part of a 'group' I should imagine that any cases of complaint would be put to the board of members. Although your surgeon is very good, he isn't god lol, so there are times when he may get things wrong and this is he beauty of being able to seek the opinion of other members on the board before making a final decision. 

I should imagine this is how this works within the practise, but after a period of 6 months which is generally the amount of time requested before making any decisions you could then take a step up and ask about any complaints procedures they have in place. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 10th July 2013, 3:43 pm

cookie wrote:If he's part of a 'group' I should imagine that any cases of complaint would be put to the board of members. Although your surgeon is very good, he isn't god lol, so there are times when he may get things wrong and this is he beauty of being able to seek the opinion of other members on the board before making a final decision. 

I should imagine this is how this works within the practise, but after a period of 6 months which is generally the amount of time requested before making any decisions you could then take a step up and ask about any complaints procedures they have in place. Xx

The clinic is an individual clinic, it isn't like harley medical, or transform that have hundreds of clinics in lots of different areas. I wish he was god haha, maybe then i could get my free re-op :p I am going to do everything in my power to at least be considered for a re-op. At my consultations there was never any mention of NOT getting a reop if i was disappointed so i assume this is entirely down to the discretion of the clinic. However, I am very open to the idea of being happier in 6 months time - so there is no way i will be making any rash decisions no matter how upset I am! xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 10th July 2013, 3:46 pm

jenniferrf1 wrote:Thank you!! Ive seen so many girls here go for their BA when its my turn im unsure it will feel real lool! I hope you and the other girls still log on here in September :)

if I were in your situation then I would do the same aswell, if it will make you happy then its worth it... im going to have my BA but told it may not fully correct my areolas so if not I will have an areola reduction when I am able to which will be 2600 on top (hope I get some money off if it comes to that) so I have got it on my mind like you! xxx

I am so excited for you - honestly hun. I will definitely be sticking around to keep up with your updates! I feel like BJSF is like the new Facebook!! haha Im never on my Facebook anymore since i found this forum!

At the end of the day the worst they can say is no we won't give you a free re-op lol. at the other end of the spectrum, it may just mean i have to save up again. but i am by no means, unable to live with my results lol definitely 100 times better than before - just wish they were a little bigger. 

At least you are armed with that possibility hun - so like we said before - prepare for the worst, hope for the best!! :) So if you don't need another op - woohoo! If you do - then at least you are prepared for that possibility

xxx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 10th July 2013, 3:54 pm

Thank you Hug  I feel like its the new FB too lool :)
Excatly, you love your new additions just wish they were a bit bigger and the worse that's going to happen is to save up again whilst having lovely boobs already :)
Im looking forward to hear how you get on xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th July 2013, 4:04 pm

g0902 wrote:
cookie wrote:If he's part of a 'group' I should imagine that any cases of complaint would be put to the board of members. Although your surgeon is very good, he isn't god lol, so there are times when he may get things wrong and this is he beauty of being able to seek the opinion of other members on the board before making a final decision. 

The clinic is an individual clinic, it isn't like harley medical, or transform that have hundreds of clinics in lots of different areas. I wish he was god haha, maybe then i could get my free re-op :p I am going to do everything in my power to at least be considered for a re-op. At my consultations there was never any mention of NOT getting a reop if i was disappointed so i assume this is entirely down to the discretion of the clinic. However, I am very open to the idea of being happier in 6 months time - so there is no way i will be making any rash decisions no matter how upset I am! xx

Oh... The large commercial clinics are the worst!

Final decisions aren't made by surgeons at all. They're passed on to a non-surgical compliance manager to sort out on their behalf.

Good to read you're prepared for the wait lovely and I hand on heart hope you do come to love the, Hug xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 10th July 2013, 4:07 pm

Thank you so much Cookie - you have been an absolute god-send the past few months.xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th July 2013, 4:12 pm

Hug  Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 10th July 2013, 6:09 pm

Hi G! Really sorry to hear you're not happy with your results, I personally think your avi looks great! But as cookie says it's your body and no matter how many people tell you they look great if you're not happy then not much will change that! I was initially thinking of getting quite small implants as I'm quite small framed but now after reading yours and smileyhaylis stories it's really making me think carefully...I would rather think in the end that they are a bit bigger than I thought than smaller, so thank you for keeping us updated and sharing your story it does really help us pre BA kids! Oh and I defo agree that this is the new Facebook it's all I go on now, hehe! xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 10th July 2013, 6:16 pm

missvmac28 wrote:Hi G! Really sorry to hear you're not happy with your results, I personally think your avi looks great! But as cookie says it's your body and no matter how many people tell you they look great if you're not happy then not much will change that! I was initially thinking of getting quite small implants as I'm quite small framed but now after reading yours and smileyhaylis stories it's really making me think carefully...I would rather think in the end that they are a bit bigger than I thought than smaller, so thank you for keeping us updated and sharing your story it does really help us pre BA kids! Oh and I defo agree that this is the new Facebook it's all I go on now, hehe! xx

Hey hun! I love the shape of mine, its just size that is getting me down. The best advice I can give you is to get a picture of the LOOK you want. I was so fixated on bra size - i am very small framed so the thought of a 32D or DD was like my worst nightmare.. but now i know a D/DD is what i needed to get the look i want. What size are u going for babe? Im just glad i can pass on some of my experience to pre-ba girls xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 10th July 2013, 6:23 pm

Yeah I think that's great advice, focus on the look. We definitely get obsessed with cup size without really understanding what it will look like! I haven't had my consultation yet it is 2 weeks today, had to wait a while as the surgeon I want to see only does certain times and I couldn't get time off work until then. I will definitely take pictures and just see what he says from there! This forum is a godsend I feel quite prepared where as if I didn't have this forum I would have been pretty clueless!! xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down