Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to surgeon...again...

+5
chrystal867
Mammamia
Twinky
mrskelly
Charlii
9 posters

Go down

Back to surgeon...again... Empty Back to surgeon...again...

Post by Charlii 23rd November 2015, 7:56 pm

I've managed to book in with my surgeon this saturday. Over the weekend, i was just in agony with my lefty. Its been playing up a lot more recently, but saturday morning i bent over to get something from my bag and OMG. It felt like it had fallen off on the inside. The 'crunchiness' is still there, even more pronounced than usual, even when i lie down in my sports bra now. Any movement is sore and weird. I've been in sports bras 24/7 for a couple weeks now and nothing is helping. So I'm heading back to discuss it further with my surgeon. And I just know he's going to dismiss it, because theres nothing visibly wrong. 

I dont really know what to do to be honest. My aftercare runs out next june. If they even do take me seriously, i cant have a reop right now because im still on probation at my new job. I'm just so fed up with being in pain constantly. And a bra! I'd love to get home ans just take it off, but it hurts too much. 

I'll let you all know how it goes. Hopefully i'll have some answers or a plan.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Back to surgeon...again... Empty Re: Back to surgeon...again...

Post by mrskelly 23rd November 2015, 8:33 pm

So sorry to hear that Charlii, hope your surgeon doesn't just dismiss it especially since you are in so much pain x
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 813

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky 23rd November 2015, 9:10 pm

Ahh mate, that's terrible. Jst have to try and be firm with him, at the end of the day, you know your own body, and lets be honest, you 'know' t1ts!   Hysterical
So hopefuly you can get some answers an move forward.

Good Luck, and yep let us know how you go.
1 step at a time, don't think about work just yet, just get yourself sorted. Hug
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 23rd November 2015, 9:35 pm

Good luck. You've been back before so he'll know this isn't just a niggle so I would hope he takes you seriously. I can imagine your predicament though. For work, can you not use annual leave? x
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by chrystal867 23rd November 2015, 9:59 pm

Aw that's awful good luck don't let him fob you off xx
chrystal867
chrystal867
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 23rd November 2015, 10:00 pm

Are you able to book an mri scan just to put your mind at rest? It is possible to be seen at your local out patient clinic through the nhs on Dr referral especially if you are in pain. If then they find a rupture or something you could go back to your ps? How long have you had your implants charlie
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 23rd November 2015, 10:11 pm

Im 2.5yrs post. Had an ultrasound last year after going back about this, theres no rupture. Have spoken at length with Cookie, we're both pretty convinced that the implant has not adhered properly, so the 'crunching' is the capsule rubbing across the implant. I think i could even pinpoint when it happened, a month or so into my recovery i rolled in my sleep, put my weight on my left elbow and felt a snap almost. Called the nurse at the time, and we just put it down to a strain. It felt ok for a while after that, i guess because there was so much other healing going on. But its been getting worse and worse, and i cant keep ignoring it now. Im also considering a second opinion from a baaps surgeon, depending how this goes. If this has taught me anything, its that you really need to do your research, and get 2nd and 3rd opinions. I didnt always know boobs! And now my naivity is biting me in the a5s.
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by kay-uk 24th November 2015, 7:40 am

Sounds quite unusual. Are you sure it's not a case of mild CC? It's such frustrating timing too - I hope the surgeon takes it seriously; if not I'd definitely get some second and third opinions. If you can arrange an MRI in the meantime that might be useful to take along for further opinions. USS can't penetrate that deep and show the back of the implant where the problem may be.
kay-uk
kay-uk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 24th November 2015, 7:54 am

I don't know much about boobs yet but all I would say is definitely be firm with him - just because he can't see it doesn't mean it isn't real and he might try and fob you off until your aftercare runs out. Demand answers - if you need to have a re-op then that's what you have to do. Don't worry about work at this stage - you won't be the first person to have started a new job that needs to take leave in the first few months! Good luck - keep us posted! Xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 24th November 2015, 10:15 am

Trust me to get the weird complication! I'm pretty sure its not CC because it's just as soft and squishy as the other one, its not moved at all. To look at and feel, they're fine. Its just how they feel on the inside. I'll speak to hubs re getting an mri, if they do a Saturday or late clinic.
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by muddypaws 24th November 2015, 1:01 pm

Oh Charlii bless ya. Really hope your surgeon takes you seriously and investigates your pain properly this time. If not it's time to get a second opinion from a Baaps surgeon, but your not daft, you know that. Good luck, and let us know how you get on. 

xxx
muddypaws
muddypaws
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 815

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 28th November 2015, 9:54 am

Am totally bricking it today. Kept waking up having weird boob dreams, then all the what ifs go round your head. I've written all my pain points down, but I'm still kinda scared. Appts at midday, wish me luck

Last edited by Charlii on 28th November 2015, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by muddypaws 28th November 2015, 10:05 am

Aww Charlii, good luck! Will be thinking of you, let us know how you get on xxx
muddypaws
muddypaws
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 815

Back to top Go down

Post by kay-uk 28th November 2015, 10:08 am

Good luck! Hope it goes well!
kay-uk
kay-uk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 28th November 2015, 12:26 pm

Oh you must be in with surgeon right now! Hope it went well and you got all your concerns across ok. Hopefully you will come out with some kind of plan in place. Let us know! Xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down