Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT IMPLANT DID YOU CHOOSE AND WHY

+5
Lisa34
jakki32
Sezbaby2
jenniferrf1
2522laura
9 posters

Go down

WHAT IMPLANT DID YOU CHOOSE AND WHY Empty WHAT IMPLANT DID YOU CHOOSE AND WHY

Post by 2522laura 1st July 2013, 10:39 am

Hi everyone

Just trying to get my head round all the different brands and types of implant that are available and what might be good for me.

I was thinking abou the Natrelle 410 (THG do Natrelle but not sure what else they offer) but after reading reviews I'm not sure if they would be right for me as I need something to fill the skin and they said that they were not really suitable for breasts with saggy/loose skin. I dont think mine are saggy but the skin does seem loose to me.

I know this will be discussed in my consultation and they can advise me but just wondered what others have gone for and what look has been achieved. I dont want them to look obviously fake but not saggy either lol!

Thanks x
2522laura
2522laura
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 189

Back to top Go down

WHAT IMPLANT DID YOU CHOOSE AND WHY Empty Re: WHAT IMPLANT DID YOU CHOOSE AND WHY

Post by jenniferrf1 1st July 2013, 11:01 am

I'm going back to see my surgeon tomorrow to talk about implants and sizes again so I might have better advice tomorrow but,
I'm having the CUI 410 extra high profile implants. I had four consults and before all if them I was set on the naturelles because of the extra layer etc. however when I actually saw the implants I much preferred the cuis because they were firmer and when you held them between your thumb and finger the naturelles have more indents in them. For me I was told that I have a bigger risk of having rippling because I have tuberous breasts so nothing on top! The cuis will also help to fill my pointyness out! Also I'm going to have children hopefully in the next ten years hopefully so even if my implants last that long I will be looking at a re op then anyway so for me being 21 I thought the cuis were fine!

Like I said I'm going back tomorrow to double check everything and look at all my options now I am more knowledgable but that's my story! Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

WHAT IMPLANT DID YOU CHOOSE AND WHY Empty Re: WHAT IMPLANT DID YOU CHOOSE AND WHY

Post by Sezbaby2 1st July 2013, 11:17 am

I had 340 cui high profile, 3 out of the 5 surgeons i saw said they was no difference really with the natrelle but its your personal preferance really. lots of my friends had the cui's and have never had any issues.
x
Sezbaby2
Sezbaby2
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by jakki32 1st July 2013, 11:37 am

I chose the thicker shelled implant, the inspira. I thought that if I ever needed a mammogram it would give me a bit of peace of mind. I then asked my surgeon what would he advise, he said he would advise the thicker cases implant. Anyway, I had a mammogram and a needle not long ago and I just felt better for having the thicker one, those mammograms really squeeze your boobs!!!
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post by Sezbaby2 1st July 2013, 11:42 am

could the implant pop having a mammogram?
x
Sezbaby2
Sezbaby2
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 1st July 2013, 11:45 am

I chose the allergen natrelle 325cc anatomical implant. This was on the advise of my surgeon. He explained the reasons he wanted to use this particular implant, I listened, researched, and agreed with his reasons xx
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 1st July 2013, 11:46 am

I've been told they can't, there very strong but another member who's had experience of this can say for sure xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 1st July 2013, 12:03 pm

I recently went to an open evening where the issue of rupturing implants in a mammogram was raised. A lady was there from Allergen with the naturelle range and said they are extremely resilient, she said if you put it on the floor and jumped on it it still would not rupture. (She didn't demonstrate this though!) the surgeon just said it is important when you go for a mammogram to tell the nurse you have implants so she can take extra care but really they should be fine xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 1st July 2013, 12:06 pm

Wow missvmac! With the CUI I pulled it around, dug my nails in and sort of curled them round whilst pulling so I felt happy with that lol! Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 1st July 2013, 12:11 pm

Yeah I'm sure they are both very resilient! I haven't had my consultation yet so not sure which implant I will be recommended. Wish the 24th of July would hurry itself up!! Hehe :-) xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st July 2013, 12:56 pm

Sezbaby2 wrote:I had 340 cui high profile, 3 out of the 5 surgeons i saw said they was no difference really with the natrelle but its your personal preferance really. lots of my friends had the cui's and have never had any issues.
x
There are differences yes 

The CUi are Allergans budget implant. The Natrelle range are their superior implants

The Natrelles have an additional layer over the shell. The Soft Touch is also 100% filled as opposed to the CUIs which are 95% filled. Natrelle do however offer a 95% filled implant also (these are softer than the 100% filled) called the Responsive.

CUI implants have a 10 year warranty from Allergan
Natrelles have a lifetime warranty with a 10 year guarantee of compensation if the implant ruptures in that time. 

Sezbaby2 wrote:could the implant pop having a mammogram?
x

It has been known that an implant could rupture after having a mammogram. But, with today's technology if you inform the radiologist of your implants they have ways of scanning the breast and causing little pressure on the implant.

I have CUIs. I don't plan on keeping these longer than the ten years they have a warranty for, so for me, the softness was right and I KNOW that the stringent testing Allergan implants undergo also applies to their CUI also, so I know I'm getting a good, 'safe' implant.

I was told a story about CUIs... Surgeons actually constructed their own testing at the Abbey Pines hospital in Manchester and ran over them with their cars. The implants remained intact lol.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 1st July 2013, 1:00 pm

Hehe cookie! I'd love to run over my implants in the car, but will have to wait a few yrs to do that!

Still their own research is reassuring, for those considering CUI's.
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 1st July 2013, 1:05 pm

Wow cookie lol... That's reassuring !! I'm the same, will be wanting a change after having children if I'm lucky so in ten years time if I get that long il be more than happy to have a look at what's on offer next time!

This site will still be here in ten years won't it?! Lol xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st July 2013, 1:07 pm

More on Allergans testing after the awful PIP scandal HERE

I would like to think the forum will be here Jennifer... YES! Lol. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 1st July 2013, 1:08 pm

Haha good!! Thanks for posting that link, going to have a look xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 2522laura 1st July 2013, 1:22 pm

Lisa, I have tried sending you a pm asking if I can view your picture trail but I dont think its going through? Would it be ok please? x
2522laura
2522laura
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 1st July 2013, 1:24 pm

Allergan Natrelle Responsives, as after having PIP's, I wanted 'the best'. I chose Responsive's over Soft Touch as they were slightly softer and FDA approved.
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by 2522laura 1st July 2013, 1:40 pm

Are they anotomical ones Princess? Because they are softer does that make them more likely to sag as the years go on or does that not happen with implants? I am not planning any more children and will be 30 in just over 2 weeks!! So Will probably just keep these for as long as they are safe then just have them removed x
2522laura
2522laura
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st July 2013, 1:52 pm

All breasts are going to sag eventually Laura, no matter which implants you have. How soon that sagging will be is dependent on your own skins elasticity and how well you look after them. 

Implants on average will need to be changed at around 10 years after being implanted. It could be sooner... It could be longer, but that's generally when they will need to be changed.

So you'll be around 40 when they may need changing. That's pretty young to just have them removed lovely... If I were you, I'd personally save for at least one more surgery, so you are prepared of this is what you want. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 1st July 2013, 2:36 pm

No they're not anatomicals, they're rounds :) no they're not more likely to sag. Having really big implants, implants too big for your body and not wearing a sports bra to bed at all times after you have implants contribute to sagging x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by 2522laura 1st July 2013, 2:57 pm

Do you really have to wear a sports bra to bed for the whole time you have implats? I had no idea. I have soo much to learn lol x
2522laura
2522laura
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 1st July 2013, 3:31 pm

No you don't have to, but as has already been said, it does prevent sagging! Of course they will sag in time, but wearing a sports bra to bed will give you the best life out of your implants hun xx and we all want to do our best for our boobs xx
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 1st July 2013, 4:42 pm

Im still Pre Ba but plan to wear my sports bra at night as much as possible because its a lot of money and I want to keep them in the best condition possible lol xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 1st July 2013, 5:47 pm

Pleased to know that if my boobs get ran over the implants will be okay haha!! Thats so funny Hysterical  xx
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 853

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 1st July 2013, 5:50 pm

Haha Emily, the rest of you may be in a bit of pain but the implants- There be fine!! dance  xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down