Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BA, still 1of the most popular cosmetic surgeries

4 posters

Go down

BA, still 1of the most popular cosmetic surgeries Empty BA, still 1of the most popular cosmetic surgeries

Post by COOKIE 4th June 2013, 5:22 am

(HealthNewsDigest.com) - Although breast augmentation surgery has dropped by seven percent from 2012, it still remains one of the most popular cosmetic treatments, followed by rhinoplasty, liposuction, blepharoplasty and facelifts.

Despite its popularity, Dr. Frederick Weniger, M.D., M.B.A., F.A.C.S. is one of the best plastic surgeons in South Carolina, would like his patients to understand five things before they decide to come in for the procedure should they elect to undergo surgery. Many patients may think that a breast augmentation procedure is a simple matter with few complications. This is not exactly true.

The first thing to know is that breast implants are not a surgery that can be performed and forgotten. The potential for complications gradually increases over time and further surgeries will more than likely need to be performed later on in life, for either aesthetic reasons or safety. The second thing to understand is the quality and choice of the implants.

Choosing either saline or silicone implants has its own risks and rewards. Silicone implants feel more natural overall while also remaining less palpable to the touch, further increasing the natural feel. In addition, silicone implants have less visible wrinkling when compared to silicone implants. However, there are some downsides still to utilizing silicone implants.

During the implantation surgery, they require a larger incision than a saline implant would, thus potentially increasing the size of a possible scar. Furthermore, if they rupture, there is often no direct indication of the rupture. A third thing to understand is the procedure itself. It is best to communicate with Dr. Weniger in addition to doing your own research, as well as expressing your goals and keeping realistic expectations about the procedure. A fourth thing to understand is the risks inherent to the procedure. Breast augmentation, while routine, is still a surgical procedure not to be undergone without due consideration to the health concerns involved. Lastly, the fifth thing for a patient to understand is to continue monitoring their health after the procedure.

Women should continue monthly self-examinations and continue with their regular schedule of mammograms and screenings for breast cancer as well as to determine the current state of the implants. By keeping these things a mind a patient can make the best decision for themselves, one that will maintain both safety and happiness through remaining healthy.

Source HERE
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

BA, still 1of the most popular cosmetic surgeries Empty Re: BA, still 1of the most popular cosmetic surgeries

Post by Lisa34 4th June 2013, 7:19 am

It doesn't surprise me that BA is still high on the cosmetic surgery list! It can make such a difference to a woman's life!

What does surprise me, is that there are still so many women going ahead with a BA without the proper research of the procedure and/or the surgeon! And that is very worrying.
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

BA, still 1of the most popular cosmetic surgeries Empty Re: BA, still 1of the most popular cosmetic surgeries

Post by COOKIE 4th June 2013, 7:32 am

I don't think until the regulations come in regarding the cosmetic industry that things will change Lisa. There's as many women that know very little before booking surgery now as there was when I had my first almost 7 years ago.

Until the serious of these procedures are emphasised by the government and regulations are put into place which women will HAVE to take into account before booking I doubt anything will ever change....especially whilst free consultations from the larger clinics are on offer too. With free consultations you've nothing to lose to visit cosmetic surgeons and then to hear wonderful sales pitches that lure you in and more advise about your surgery from the sales women just to make you feel that bit more special, for many they don't feel they need the research after what they're told!

But if consultations are regulated and all must be paid for I think women will be putting a lot more thought into who they're handing their money over too and doing the research themselves then 'pre-op' xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 4th June 2013, 1:26 pm

I'm not surprised its so popular either still but I do agree with what you said cookie. I don't think many women and young girls who decide to have a BA dont really understand how serious it is and the dedication you need to have throughout your like to maintain your implants and therefore health.
For most women, a BA isn't just for the need to have 'big boobs' and I don't think that this is portrayed enough...research is so so important xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 5th June 2013, 2:03 pm

I agree that some women don't do much research into the subject. My friend had her BA before me, with Harley Medical Group and booked with the first surgeon that she saw. She has now ended up with PIPS and HMG won't do anything about it. I get the impression that she didn't look into it too much, whereas I saw three different surgeons and had a whole notebook dedicated to questions/research and consultations!
One thing that I do disagree with slightly is about having to pay for a consultation will make you take the procedure more seriously. I paid for a consultation with My Breast. The surgeon was lovely, the PCC and company were **naughty word** and I ended up booking with Transform, after having seen two surgeons there. They offered a much better service and I am really happy with the results.
My Breast say that they will take the £25 consultation fee off of the surgery, which could make women feel more obliged to book with them, rather than shopping around/seeing other surgeons for different opinions. That could happen if all companies start charging, as women may think "I don't want to keep forking out for all of these consultations" and therefore book with the first surgeon that they see.
I think that free consultations are important, as it opens up your options a lot more
xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 5th June 2013, 2:25 pm

That's a good point Marie and I agree with that... Although you do need to be in a good financial position to have a BA and although it is very serious, I do agree that it will make some girls book with the first surgeon they see if you need to pay a consultation fee... Normally it's always recommended to see at least three surgeons and that could add up to quite a bit of money... It's difficult because more girls need to research the procedure etc more but I don't think that paying for consultations promotes seeing a number of surgeons and those who rush into having a BA will still go straight ahead with the first surgeon they see, ESP if they have paid! Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down