Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking of havin surgery at the Belvedere clinic?

+9
tinkerbell24
Sophia6102
leannejkl
misf1
misante
jenniferrf1
loclo26
Katiebrad
COOKIE
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thinking of havin surgery at the Belvedere clinic? Empty Thinking of havin surgery at the Belvedere clinic?

Post by COOKIE 24th May 2013, 12:25 pm

There's a very true saying I think and that is - "you get what you pay for"

Looking for 'Bargain Boobjobs' can only lead to upset in the long run as found with this clinic offering breast augmentation for just £2500.

The Care Quality Commision received information that led them to an inspection of the clinic and the results were VERY poor indeed. So for those considering surgery here I thought you should all be aware of this.

Information about the report HERE

Last edited by cookie on 23rd June 2013, 6:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Thinking of havin surgery at the Belvedere clinic? Empty Re: Thinking of havin surgery at the Belvedere clinic?

Post by Katiebrad 24th May 2013, 12:30 pm

I was going to go for a consultation with this clinic but they wanted all the money upfront but then you had to wait 6 months to have your surgery. Am glad I trusted my gut instincts and forgot all about them! X
Katiebrad
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 594

Back to top Go down

Thinking of havin surgery at the Belvedere clinic? Empty Re: Thinking of havin surgery at the Belvedere clinic?

Post by COOKIE 24th May 2013, 12:43 pm

You did right to trust your instincts Katie. yes
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by loclo26 24th May 2013, 1:15 pm

I went for my very first consultation here and I was almost put off having my boob job. The surgeon I saw didn't really put me at ease and he showed me no photographic evidence of his work.
I am so glad I didn't go here! x
loclo26
loclo26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 24th May 2013, 3:10 pm

Wow thats shocking cookie! Glad i didnt visit as i bet it could scare a lot of girls off having a BA if they think that its normal to run a clinic like that! Cant believe katie that they wanted your money up front!! x
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by misante 24th May 2013, 3:12 pm

Very good of you to post this Cookie, I have just been reading on another forum how badly one poor girl has been treated by this company. You're right you only get what you pay for x
misante
misante
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th May 2013, 5:00 pm

I got an email from a friend about this this morning and thought it was so important I had to share here...

That's terrible about that poor girl. I hope she went on to have surgery elsewhere and is happy now? Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 24th May 2013, 5:14 pm

Never a truer word spoken, you do get what you pay for. It saddens me that there are always people out there praying on the unfortunate. It's a hard time for us all, low pay, job losses and recession so we all are tightening our belts, these people are praying on people who are deeply unhappy with their bodies and want surgery now rather than having to save for longer or find finance. I hope karma gets them.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th May 2013, 5:24 pm

Me too misf1.

Until properly regulated which right now plastic/cosmetic surgery isn't, there will always be someone happy to make off the back of those that simply aren't making!

It so very important to realise when seeking out a surgeon that its not like seeing your GP. This isn't 'health care' this is 'BUSINESS' and every business wants to make money! So the bargain boobjobs have to make money somewhere and how do they do that? By cutting the corners that aren't yet regulated resulting in reports such as this when the care given just isn't up to standard!
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebrad 24th May 2013, 5:32 pm

As soon as they said on the phone they take full payment at consultation then you wait six months alarm bells started ringing! I've heard it's because the company was struggling for money they were taking payments then keeping the money after cancelling surgery and leaving people fighting to get the full amount or any deposit paid back. This is only what I have heard though, but from quite a few diffrent girls. Xx
Katiebrad
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebrad 24th May 2013, 5:34 pm

I've just read the full inspection from the link cookie posted its actually disgusting! X
Katiebrad
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 24th May 2013, 5:42 pm

You would think breaching the data protection act on two inspections would be enough to shut them down. they even mis managed records with people's allergies, it could kill someone if their allergy was bad. Unbelievable. they need to be a lot stricter and start clamping down on these places. They only seem to do it for large places where it would draw a lot of media attention.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th May 2013, 5:50 pm

Frightening isn't it nope

Even the summary of the inspection should be enough to have potential patients running a mile!

We inspected the hospital on 11 and 12 March 2013 in response to concerning information received about staffing levels at the service and we found there were not always sufficient staff available at the hospital. During our inspections we found the hospital did not treat people with consideration by keeping them clearly informed about timings of surgical procedures. We also found the hospital did not have appropriate measures in place to deal with foreseeable emergencies and did not always take steps to ensure safety and welfare of people using the service. Medicines were not all stored safely and the hospital did not take necessary steps to ensure only suitable staff were employed by the service

Just that alone puts the fear of doG in me! panic
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 24th May 2013, 6:41 pm

I know, what I also don't understand is how a surgeon could work for them. Medicines gone off in cupboards, not enough drugs and not enough emergency equipment or drugs. I think vets have stricter regulations.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th May 2013, 7:22 pm

Me neither babe. It would seriously make you question them too wouldn't it. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebrad 24th May 2013, 8:00 pm

A surgeon who works for them who I was going to see is BAPPS and BARPAS registered, is worrying! Xx
Katiebrad
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th May 2013, 9:25 pm

What a silly man nope his connection to this clinic will certainly not have done him any good will it. I know I wouldn't want to see a surgeon that dealt with such chaos when performing what could potentially given they don't have the resources at the clinic be potentially life threatening surgery. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by leannejkl 23rd June 2013, 9:26 pm

i am booked in here on the 24th :(
leannejkl
leannejkl
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia6102 23rd June 2013, 9:31 pm

Hopefully I will be ok Leanne they may of improved , keep us updated to know how u get on xx
Sophia6102
Sophia6102
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 547

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia6102 23rd June 2013, 9:31 pm

U**
Sophia6102
Sophia6102
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 547

Back to top Go down

Post by leannejkl 23rd June 2013, 9:58 pm

i have just read some of the info, i am sitting here nearly crying, i never knew any of this! i went here cos i knew two other people who have had it done, one had a lot of cancels but it was said it was due to building new hospital... i am stuck here now, they have all of my money and i wont be able to get it back, but they reports are so bad, its not little problems its major issues! when i went for my consultation and to pay both times it took forever to find someone, so the lack of staff still seems to be a problem, i dont know what to do, cos i feel there is nothing i can do either risk it or lose my money i feel so so stupid
leannejkl
leannejkl
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd June 2013, 10:09 pm

Oh darlin' c'mere Hug

When did you actually pay for your surgery Leanne?

The clinic should have in place a cooling off period after the date of purchase.

So from the date you paid for your surgery you should have a specified number of days to walk away with a full refund if you change your mind.

I've looked on the website which is quite amateur babe and can't find any information regarding the cooling off period on there but they should have something in place.

My advise lovely would be to call in cognitio, disguising yourself as a new client and ask about if they have a cooling off period set in place. Just play dumb, say you probs won't use it but being so nervous it would just help to know its there.

Once they give you the length of time, IF you paid your full payment within that time you will be entitled to a refund.

I wouldn't ring as yourself at first because you've no idea what they may say to you.

If at worst Leanne you are out of the cooling off period then I'm afraid lovely that you have a difficult decision on your hands. i wish i could help with that decision but its really has to be yours Hug but please be assured that whatever you decide we will be here to support you every step of the way. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 23rd June 2013, 10:15 pm

aw you poor wee soul

its so hard when you go somewhere and trust someone and then find out things

let us know how you get on

what surgeon are you booked in with
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 24th June 2013, 6:52 am

Aww Leanne x I don't know what to say. Do what cookie suggests and see if there is a cooling off period, there has to be one, with my clinic it's only 14 days. But it's worth a try hun x do let us know how it goes.
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by leannejkl 24th June 2013, 7:05 am

i wont say too much at the moment, but if its ok i will give a full info from start to finish about this clinic,  on my form it says something like if you cancel you get % back.. its took me a number of years to save the money and i cant risk loosing it, the surgeon is really nice, and he was not pushy and i was happy with everything he said, so i am just going to keep my fingers crossed... but i do have info i would like to share but i dont feel happy doing so till after 'just in case' lol
leannejkl
leannejkl
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next