Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Independent review of cosmetic surgery

3 posters

Go down

Independent review of cosmetic surgery Empty Independent review of cosmetic surgery

Post by COOKIE 19th May 2013, 10:26 pm

A senior doctor at Epsom, Sutton and St Helier hospitals has welcomed recommendations from an independent review of cosmetic surgery.

Included in the recommendations are proposals to make sure people who give Botox injections have relevant qualifications, and creating new laws around injections to ‘plump up’ the skin.

The review was commissioned shortly after the health scare caused by breast implants made by the French firm Poly Implant Prothese (PiP) and also following a steep increase in the number of people opting for surgery.

Dr Ruth Charlton who is joint medical director for Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust, has backed the review, which was commissioned by the Department of Health in 2012.

She said: "The number of people having cosmetic surgery and procedures has increased significantly in recent years, whether that's a breast enlargement, nose job, liposuction, Botox injection, chemical peel or dermal filler.

"As a doctor, I am deeply concerned that too many people do not realise how serious cosmetic surgery is and do not consider the implications it can have, including the qualifications of the person doing it and the aftercare they will receive. That’s precisely why I welcome these recommendations, which may help to shape tougher regulation of the industry.

“Since the problems with PiP breast implants, lots of questions have been raised about a wide range issues including the regulation of clinics, whether the people carrying out the operations and procedures are adequately qualified, how the services are marketed, and, crucially, what protection there is for people when things go wrong. I am delighted to see that this review is picking up on the issue and trying to address people’s concerns.”

Source HERE

Ads terrible as the PIP scare was, hopefully something good will come from it and there will be an independent review of cosmetic surgery.

Its hard to comprehend the lack of regulation this business has isn't it and why we here at Breast Buddies stress how hard how much research is so important.

The day someone actually takes responsibility in this country can't come soon enough for me. X

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Independent review of cosmetic surgery Empty Re: Independent review of cosmetic surgery

Post by RayRayT 20th May 2013, 7:59 am

It's about time a review was conducted! lets hope that it does
result in strict regulation of the industry. x
RayRayT
RayRayT
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Independent review of cosmetic surgery Empty Re: Independent review of cosmetic surgery

Post by Lisa34 20th May 2013, 8:07 am

It's scary to think that some fillers etc only have as many regulations as a toothbrush!! A review is long over due in my opinion! X
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by RayRayT 20th May 2013, 8:19 am

Lol, that's a good comparison Lisa. It's scary how loosely some people view having treatment such as fillers, like its the same as getting your hair done! X
RayRayT
RayRayT
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 20th May 2013, 8:37 am

It's true though rayray, they were talking about it on the news a few weeks back, saying about the regulations for some fillers etc being the same as a toothbrush and a biro! I couldn't believe it, I was really shocked lol x
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RayRayT 20th May 2013, 9:01 am

I don't think the media helps. All these reality programmes and magazines just trivialise the cosmetic industry.
I sat listening (ear-wigging, lol!) to some very young girls they had not long left my sons junior school so were about 14yrs tops. They where sitting there talking about how they were going to lose weight, all the surgery they where planning on getting, when they are starting on Botox etc and referring to celebrities and shows as comparisons!
I am quite un shockable and this shocked me hugely how impressionable youngsters in particular are.
I hope regulations will help in time change people's perceptions of cosmetic surgery being an easy option. xx
RayRayT
RayRayT
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 20th May 2013, 9:58 am

Yeah the media is a terrible place, especially for teenagers! I have two teenage daughters, 16 and 17 yr old, and they have been by my side the whole way through my boobie journey, and at every hurdle they have said there is no way I would ever get anything done! Except for the 17 yr old, she has huge boobs, and I mean massive lol and she is really struggling with them so wants a reduction when she's finished growing! Which I support as she already suffers with back problems. I have 5 sons and the older ones just laughed at me when they were told I was having surgery lol. Bless them!
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RayRayT 20th May 2013, 10:39 am

Lol, yeah but Lisa at least your girls have a responsible mummy who has demonstrated that its no walk in the park. I bet if any of yours go down the cosmetic route they will come to you to seek advice, which I think is wonderful. xx
RayRayT
RayRayT
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down