Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cosmetic Surgery Insurance

4 posters

Go down

Cosmetic Surgery Insurance Empty Cosmetic Surgery Insurance

Post by gotsomeboobs 22nd February 2009, 8:49 pm

Hi girlies,

Might sound like a silly question but has anybody heard of independent cosmetic insurance that covers BA?

I read that although some people may opt to have implants that have a lifetime warranty e.g McGhans and although this may mean the implants can be replaced, the patient will have to cover the surgical costs.

I was looking at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that offers this insurance but from what I can tell you can only get this if you go through one of their companies to have the procedure in the first place?

Just wondered what everybody else thought?

Dani xxxx
gotsomeboobs
gotsomeboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1331

Back to top Go down

Cosmetic Surgery Insurance Empty Re: Cosmetic Surgery Insurance

Post by nads 22nd February 2009, 9:04 pm

I never really thought about getting insurance, i know alot of American ladies do because they dont seem to have to aftercare we do.
I think it cant hurt, with implant warranties, you're right you will still have to pay other fees like hospital and anaethetist ones if you have to have a revision, plus none of us know where we're going to be financially in the future

xxx
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Optima 23rd February 2009, 1:08 am

I've thought about it, yes. I don't know how I'd afford another op, if something went wrong.

I found this company, which offers £5000 max for infection in the 6 weeks after surgery, or surgery for Grade III or IV capsular contracture at any time. It costs £500.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It seems worth it to me, but I'd really like to know what other people think!
Optima
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 158

Back to top Go down

Post by gotsomeboobs 23rd February 2009, 5:50 pm

I agree Optima, it definetly seems worth it in the long run. Most after care policys that are offered by the high street cosmetic companies only last 3-5 years. So what would happen if anything happened after that period? I wouldnt like the thought of having to pay for another op. In my personal opinion I think I would rather pay an extra 500 than an extra 4000 if the worst should happen!!!
gotsomeboobs
gotsomeboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1331

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 23rd February 2009, 7:18 pm

I would have thought you insurance policy would be a good aftercare policy. Extra insurance may be more expense than its worth... may be a consideration if you're going abroad though. Make sure they are regulated by the FSA in case you need to claim!
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 23rd February 2009, 7:20 pm

Optima wrote:

I found this company, which offers £5000 max for infection in the 6 weeks after surgery, or surgery for Grade III or IV capsular contracture at any time. It costs £500.

As its such a short period would this not normally be covered by your surgeon/aftercare policy??

Personally I think insurance is a delicate balance between fear of the future and necessity. Just like the lottery I'm not keen on it...
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Post by Optima 23rd February 2009, 8:13 pm

BoobiePrize wrote:
Optima wrote:

As its such a short period would this not normally be covered by your surgeon/aftercare policy??

The infection, yes, but not the capsular contracture, which is (for some reason) my really huge fear. It's such a big fear for me that insurance does seem worth it (that, plus the fact that I'm hoping to go back to full-time education next year, there will be *no* spare money for surgery....)
Optima
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 158

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down