Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does haggling price of BA work? Tips?

+9
sianyoungx
Princessjo30
g0902
COOKIE
Lisa34
Nicole
angie8131
willows
jenniferrf1
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Does haggling price of BA work? Tips? Empty Does haggling price of BA work? Tips?

Post by jenniferrf1 21st April 2013, 9:20 am

Hi Girls,
im booking with transform next month and was wondering if trying to haggle the price down a bit works or if its the done thing?
i'll be an overnight stay unless i ask otherwise i guess and im also thinking of going with the inspira implants which are £400 more than normal.
If i should try to haggle the price down i was hoping to get more around the £4000 price mark rather than £4,400 that ive been quoted at the moment?
Has any one got any tips of what i should say or what you said if you managed to get money off? If so is it the PCC that i haggle with? confused!
Thanks girls,
Jen xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Does haggling price of BA work? Tips? Empty Re: Does haggling price of BA work? Tips?

Post by willows 21st April 2013, 9:29 am

YES!!! i went to transform first was quoted for surgery, overnight stay and cheaffeur driven transport from cardiff to London and back a total of £4316. Then I went to Mya for surgeon consultations - Mya quoted me £4150 just for daycase and said transport would be an extra £400 and overnight stay an extra £400 totalling £4950! Even though Mya had quote higher i called transform and told a 'little' white lie - that Mya quoted me £3695 for everything LOL! I said the surgeron i want works for both companies so my decision is now based on whatever one gives me the surgeon for the best price. Transform said theyd get back to me called me next day and said they will charge me £3750 and give me overnight stay and transport for free and that there aftercare is longer! muahahha Does haggling price of BA work? Tips? 727935 I felt really cheeky asking but everyone does it ! Because the surgoen i wanted worked for obth companies i had a good haggling tool xx
willows
willows
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 600

Back to top Go down

Does haggling price of BA work? Tips? Empty Re: Does haggling price of BA work? Tips?

Post by willows 21st April 2013, 9:31 am

Does haggling price of BA work? Tips? 3965254117 so in the end got transform from £4316 to £3750 so can definately be done ! x
willows
willows
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 600

Back to top Go down

Post by angie8131 21st April 2013, 9:36 am

Yes definitely Jennifer!! I haggled with all of them I think the best I got at transform was £4,150 for naturelle but I didn't push for more as I didn't think I'd go with them. Actually the last bit of discount she offered without me asking as she'd seen I'd list interest. But she said the price on naturelle had gone down by £350 this march. Anyone knows if this is right??
In the end I got a £1000 off at MYA and paid £3,595 instead of £4,595 as the PC kind of dropped herself in it lmao!! And THG said they'd price match with any other company, but I found who I wanted at MYA and never looked back xx
angie8131
angie8131
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1404

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 21st April 2013, 9:48 am

Wow thanks girls for replying,
so like i said ive been quoted 4,400 for overnight stay and the inspira implants, what price do you think i should say ive been quoted by another place? My surgeon only works for transform as far as i know (mr meleagros).
Should i say something like i 'i do want to book with you but ive been quoted £4000(?) by THG?'
Im not good at these type of things!
Thanks again though, really helpful! x
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 21st April 2013, 10:08 am

say something like you've seen another good surgeon at THG or MYA and you're struggling to decide between the two and that £4,400 is out of your price range you were looking more around the 3995 mark x or, I know of 1 person who just said 'I know everybody haggles on price. What discount will you give me' lol
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by angie8131 21st April 2013, 10:21 am

Newboobz that's very similar to what I said to surgicare... I said...'I'm gonna be honest with u, I've been able to get very good discounts at other companies, what's the best that u can do for me??' Lol and then she'd asked what was u quoted etc x
But Jennifer what I said to MYA is that I found another surgeon I really like elsewhere, but that I also really like her (the PC) and would prefer to deal with her but that price has to be the deciding factor at this stage, can she go down in price as I'd really like to stay with them xx
angie8131
angie8131
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 21st April 2013, 10:28 am

Unfortunately I didn't have the bottle to haggle! I wish I did have I know I could have got some money off!! X
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by angie8131 21st April 2013, 10:30 am

And now with those knockers Lisa ull never need to haggle for anything!! Ull just be given the best deals or freebies cuz of them dance
angie8131
angie8131
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 21st April 2013, 10:32 am

Haha ok thanks i will defo give that ago then, fingers crossed :D
thanks for your tips! xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 21st April 2013, 10:34 am

Ooh I hope so lol xx trust me I paid £4500 for these puppies, I intend to get the best out of them Hysterical !! I wish I had haggled, I know I could have got at lest £500 off, just think how many bras I could have bought with that xx
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by angie8131 21st April 2013, 10:34 am

Good luck and play it cool xx
angie8131
angie8131
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st April 2013, 10:40 am

You'll definitely get a good price haggling lovely, but its like a game... They'll at first try to put you off, but you have to stand your ground. Tell them you'll consider what they've said but you're more inclined to go with the cheaper clinic because money is tight and you also have to take into consideration the things you have to buy afterwards...

You can also add that a clinic threw in a free bra too and see if you can get one of those as well.

Just KNOW the ball in your hands babe. It YOUR money they want and the WILL bend to get it (this is commercial clinics ONLY. BAAPS members do not haggle)

Good luck! X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 21st April 2013, 10:56 am

Thank you cookie,
One last question sorry...
im seeing my fav surgeon again on the 21st of may, but have already been quote the £4,400 by the PCC, should i ring her up before my meeting with the surgeon or wait until ive met him again and speak to her after?
I know i want to book mr meleagros and with transform after meeting 5 other surgeons and seeing mybreast HMC and THG so just want to see if i can get the discount before i book.
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st April 2013, 11:05 am

I'd call before lovely. Tell them the cheaper quote you've been offered elsewhere but say that you're only calling back because because Mr Meagros is 'one' of the surgeons you're interested in. Don't say 'the one' and that you wouldn't want to waste their time coming if you couldn't get a cheaper price in comparison with others you'd had - you'll soon get your call babe and then if the consultation goes well. Because this is the surgeon you feel you want after seeing all the others you know then that you can book with confidence. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 21st April 2013, 11:06 am

cookie wrote: Just KNOW the ball in your hands babe. It YOUR money they want and the WILL bend to get it (this is commercial clinics ONLY. BAAPS members do not haggle

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (this is my surgeon)

Does this mean i can't haggle the price? I hadn't really considered haggling as I just assumed it would be set prices for everyone but now i am starting to wonder whether i should!

g0902
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st April 2013, 11:20 am

You won't be able to haggle with that surgeon babe - BAAPS/BAPRAS are currently in the proceeds now with the government to stop haggling prices so women aren't focused on looking for the cheapest deal they can find but will focus on the best surgeon they can find.

If you feel this surgeon is the one for you its not worth considering haggling lovely. There's no price on a good surgeon is there. Even in the commercial clinics if you felt they were 'the one' you wouldn't be bothered about haggling if it wasn't available to you would you if you felt they were the one.

In Jennefers case her surgeon works for a commercial clinic that allows for this to go on - BAAPS surgeons do not allow this to go because they believe a surgeon should be chose on merit babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessjo30 21st April 2013, 11:52 am

Me and my sister are both having BA's this year, we are hoping to have them done the same day. I've had my consultation and my sisters is on 4th May, I'm going with her to try and haggle as between us we will be giving them £9000, I think that deserves some discount :-) xx
Princessjo30
Princessjo30
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1022

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 21st April 2013, 12:07 pm

cookie wrote:You won't be able to haggle with that surgeon babe - BAAPS/BAPRAS are currently in the proceeds now with the government to stop haggling prices so women aren't focused on looking for the cheapest deal they can find but will focus on the best surgeon they can find.

If you feel this surgeon is the one for you its not worth considering haggling lovely. There's no price on a good surgeon is there. Even in the commercial clinics if you felt they were 'the one' you wouldn't be bothered about haggling if it wasn't available to you would you if you felt they were the one.

In Jennefers case her surgeon works for a commercial clinic that allows for this to go on - BAAPS surgeons do not allow this to go because they believe a surgeon should be chose on merit babe. Xx

Thanks Cookie. I am delighted with my surgeon but an opportunity to save a few pound wouldn't go a miss! :p I am happy to pay the full price (£4600 + £100 consultation fee) - which is a lot. but a small price to pay for (hopefully) good results.
Does this mean surgeons within a commercial clinic are not necessarily BAAPS surgeons?

xxx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st April 2013, 12:09 pm

Commercial clinics don't tend to attract BAAPS members at all lovely. There are no surgeons with a full BAAPS membership working for a commercial clinic hun. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 21st April 2013, 12:25 pm

Ahhhh I see! So this is probably why the private clinics (BAAPS surgeons) tend to cost that little bit extra then? xxx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 21st April 2013, 12:29 pm

with BAAPS you are paying for their skills and expertise. not to say other surgeons are unskilled, but there are some baaps/bapras surgeons who charge over £5k for a BA because they are ex presidents etc so you are paying for their knowledge, expertise, reputation etc. I guess you can kinda compare it to the hairdressers, the senior stylist or salon owner is more expensive than a junior stylist because they have longer experience/more qualifications/have built a reputation.

Hope that doesn't sound like i'm slating non baaps cos i'm not lol. Just tryna explain the price difference xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by sianyoungx 21st April 2013, 12:41 pm

Yes!! I was originally quoted 3995 for an overnight case (simple straightforward BA) and thanks to this forum I found out they come down in price if you have the bottle to ask lol!

The Pcc also told me the day case would be 3695 which was more in the region of what I wanted to pay so I asked whether I could be a day case but she told me she thought it would be highly unlikely as I live over 2 hours away! Anyway to cut a long story short I told her I wasn't happy to pay 300 to stay over when I could book a hotel nearby for 30 quid!

I also said I was gonna see if mya could beat the price! Then she said she would contact head office to see if they could knock anything off. I emailed her the next day to say could she let me know so I could compare with mya! She rang me straight away and said she had got 200 off or 250 if I booked by the end of January (this was in December) so I told her I would call back to let her know!

I knew I would go with them cos I wanted Mr Clarke but thanks to haggling I paid 3745 for an overnight stay so near enough same price as day case xx
sianyoungx
sianyoungx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 349

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 21st April 2013, 1:36 pm

If I need to have another op ( not happy with boobs long story) the surgeon I am interested in is a consultant BAAPRAS at an NHS hospital ,teaches new surgeon there too , work for BMI and Transform so does that mean if I went through Transform I could haggle on the price? X
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st April 2013, 1:41 pm

Who is the surgeon lovely?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next