Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

surgeons and teardrops

+10
Salmac
Nicole
Ballet babe
Lisa34
tinkerbell24
balamoryyellfruit
mirren001
littlewellies
COOKIE
dkdme5
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

surgeons and teardrops Empty surgeons and teardrops

Post by dkdme5 11th April 2013, 9:17 pm

Hi girlies,
I have decided to go with teardrops and have found most surgeons dont recommend them. Their reasons are always different and it makes me wonder if it because they require more skill to implant??? What do you think??x
dkdme5
dkdme5
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 200

Back to top Go down

surgeons and teardrops Empty Re: surgeons and teardrops

Post by dkdme5 11th April 2013, 10:01 pm

Ooops posted in the wrong section doh!!!
dkdme5
dkdme5
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th April 2013, 10:02 pm

I think the reason is due to the fact that as well as having all the risks attract he'd to cosmetic surgery hun, anatomicals implants also have the risk of flipping also.

Unless you are very skinny with very little body fat or have very little or no breast tissue its not really necessary to put yourself through though additional risks hun because when inside your body a round implant will fall into an anatomical shape to create the exact same appearance as you can see from this X-ray here of an round and an anatomical implant

surgeons and teardrops 472dc3b4b5b3f8b485973dddabe83d78_zpse3218066

So unless you 'need' them to give you a natural look, the additional risks with anatomicals are probably the reasons why the surgeons you've met have preferred rounds for you lovely. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by dkdme5 11th April 2013, 10:09 pm

Thanks cookie, its such a big, expensive decision and I wouldn't like to think that some surgeons have a favourite way of performing surgery and that they dont like doing anything different. I agree that your body shape should determine what is best suited for us xx
dkdme5
dkdme5
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by littlewellies 11th April 2013, 10:12 pm

James told me completely different to that. I asked for rounds and he said he was happy to put in whatever I wanted and based upon the pictures I gave him rounds would achieve that but..... He said for the shape of my natural breasts, teardrops would look more natural and would look better and he also noted he personally wasn't a fan of the look of round implants having taken a keen interest in boobs since he was 15 lol he left me with the decision, although he said I had to have unders because of my lack of breast tissue and small frame, he showed me pics of both and I chose anatomical immediately having seen the before and afters.

He also told me and I have written on my paperwork that anatomical implants have less chance of rotation!

Just putting it out there as I think teardrop get a pretty rough deal on the forum sometimes, when actually the look they can achieve for the right ppl are amazing IF that's your preference of look not for everyone and I thought I was 100% round but I don't think they end up the same at all as that xray thing suggests x
littlewellies
littlewellies
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 970

Back to top Go down

Post by dkdme5 11th April 2013, 10:18 pm

Littlewellies- James sounds like a fab surgeon and your implants are look that I'm hoping to achieve. You must be so happy with your reults xx
dkdme5
dkdme5
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by littlewellies 11th April 2013, 10:24 pm

I'm absolutely over the moon with them, they're def smaller for the same size implant round that's for sure, but naked there's a clear shape difference in my opinion. Totally your preference hun there's a thread called 'if you're a newbie waiting to see pics' that has links to lots and lots of before and afters, just see what you prefer. When I was pre op me and my mum used to cover up the stats and say whether we like the look or not before tallying up how many unders/overs roubd/teardrop we liked and it got me to the decision I wanted around the 320 mark before I'd stepped foot in a consultation so we did alright between us having researched hundreds and hundreds of boobs!!

One good thing about anatomical is u have a lovely natural slope but can achieve a good cleavage with a push up bra. The bad thing is obviously loosing a bit of size, I reckon I might be a cup size bigger if I had rounds x
littlewellies
littlewellies
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th April 2013, 10:24 pm

littlewellies wrote: he also noted he personally wasn't a fan of the look of round implants having taken a keen interest in boobs since he was 15

How strange.... Its not what James said on here:

James McDiarmid wrote:Certain patients are far better suited to anatomical implants and the rest are better off with rounds. The judgement as to which type of implant will work best and produce the most natural result comes with experience.

shrug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by littlewellies 11th April 2013, 10:26 pm

Well I can promise u and I swear on my new additions that is word for word what he said to me
littlewellies
littlewellies
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by littlewellies 11th April 2013, 10:33 pm

Also there's 5 girls on here I can think of with jm boobs atm at 4 of them have anatomical, plus the two friends of friends off the forum both had anatomical so he must of had a lot patients that wouldn't have suited rounds
littlewellies
littlewellies
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by littlewellies 11th April 2013, 10:56 pm

I just want to add that I'm in no way saying rounds don't look good, my point goes back to the original post of that xray (which was removed) and how derogatory it was towards teardrop implants, I was told the text was copied from another site but it said that teardrops were a second rate rounds because they don't go flat when u lie down, and rounds are exactly the same shape as teardrop. After my op 2 girls on here who shall remain nameless said to me they were worried about having teardrop until they saw my pics because of what they read on here. I don't think there should be that kind of persuasion on here when the two shapes both look great in their own right and it isn't fair to say don't put yourself through having teardrops unless u have to, that's all I'm saying
littlewellies
littlewellies
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th April 2013, 11:25 pm

We don't remove threads here littlewellies unless the opening poster had good reason to suggest it be removed and that wouldn't be because someone just didnt like something that was written hun, it would be because it was personal about them and they'd rather it be removed. Or if the thread was duplicated, or was spam. Other than that we don't remove threads at all.

I personally don't see why anatomicals would get a bad deal at all shrug they're a perfect implant for the right body types just as rounds are and we make it very clear here that no one placement, implant shape or model is right for all and if someone were to prefer them over rounds that's totally their preference.

From my own research and speaking to surgeons myself the information 'I' personally pass on does in no way state that anatomicals are 'second rate' but that due to the fullness being at the base of the implant they're suited to women who as I said had little or no breast tissue/body fat so that the implant at the top which may be visible with rounds would not be with an anatomical.

If any of the two women do believe Breast Buddies has worried them they are always free to report any content to myself or to our moderators and discuss their fears with us through the PM facility and that goes out to all members:

Should anyone be 'worried' about content written on this forum that they don't believe to be factual then please contact myself or a member of staff and we will look into it. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 12th April 2013, 12:09 am

Hiya are you having your op with Ben Chew? I may be mistaken but thought I had read a post elsewhere where he wasn't keen on anatomicals. I think the few people on here who have had them results look fab! I know your in Scotland so Leicester is abit far away but just for some interesting reading and more info with great pics of results with different implants google graham offer he uses all makes and shapes of implants to get the desired result for his patients ,his work looks impressive.I found there's not a lot of info about or pics etc for scottish based surgeons which makes deciding who to see more difficult , Ben Chew and Tamuir Shoaib are about the only 2 where you can find reviews about them and they don't seem to have any bad ones not that I've seen anyway.good luck in your boobie journey XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by balamoryyellfruit 12th April 2013, 6:34 am

My surgeon told me that the risk of anatomicals rotating is less than the risk of contracting CC. A lot of surgeons shy away from anatomicals because it can mean creating a bigger scar and theyvalso know that if the implant rotates it is because they have over dissected the pocket. I am getting anatomicals tomorrow and looking forward to it x
balamoryyellfruit
balamoryyellfruit
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1623

http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img]http://tickers.T

Back to top Go down

Post by balamoryyellfruit 12th April 2013, 6:47 am

Oh forgot to add, my surgeon thinks anatomicals are frowned upon over here because they are not FDA approved in America. He says they have carefully selected the best surgeons over there to trial the anatomicals and once they pass that they will be used much more widely. I have a lot of upper pole but no lower pole so i could cover a round just fine but my surgeon said the anatomical will kick out my nipple and give that gentle slope.

Littlewellies do you really think anatomicals are smaller? The dimensions of my 445cc anatomical are the same as a 625cc round =s x
balamoryyellfruit
balamoryyellfruit
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dkdme5 12th April 2013, 6:59 am

Littkewellies and cookie- that is why I love this site, you have both given your personal opinions and very good reasons why you like/dislike anatomical implants. Thanks girls x

Mirren001- Yeah I'm having my op with Ben Chew. I did see the post about him not liking anatomical implants, it was from a few years ago and he was very happy about using them when I had my consultation. He was such a lovely man and I came home looking like map with pen all over my chest lol. I'll google graham and have a look thanks x

Balamorybellfruit- that is why I thought the others surgeons were trying to put me off teardrops. I got the impression that they like to stick with what they know. Good luck with your op tomorrow hunny. I cant wait to see ure booby avi x
dkdme5
dkdme5
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 12th April 2013, 7:03 am

I had my op at rosshall too xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by balamoryyellfruit 12th April 2013, 7:07 am

Haha i am looking forward to it now after having nerves all week. My surgeon knows anatomicals well and does a lot with them because he also does reconstructions for breast cancer pts and as Cookie points out anatomicals are used when there is virtually nothing there x
balamoryyellfruit
balamoryyellfruit
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 12th April 2013, 7:13 am

I have anatomical implants, I went in to see my surgeon with the idea that I wanted around a 400cc round implant! And was basically told, no!! He recommended around a 300 cc anatomical, I ended up choosing a 325cc. I agree that once settled, both rounds and anatomicals can look very natural, however for me personally if I was to have rounds I would have looked ridiculous! I didn't have any natural breast tissue left, I have a very small frame, and quite a small breast width, 11.5. It does require more skill to put
In anatomical implants, and some surgeons do have preferences. As long as you ask why it's being advised you have anatomicals, so you understand why, there shouldnt be an issue. I love my implants (although still early days).
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballet babe 12th April 2013, 7:16 am

Mr shoaib is my PS! He showed me pics of teardrops too but said in his opinion they were for those that are v slim and need a "hinge"! Think he means about them looking more natural shaped/sloped on a slimmer bodied gal. He suggested rounds for me with my uplift. I have to say I was pleased as I felt I was trying to replace upper pole fullness which I did not perceive teardrops to do, but honestly after seeing the instant gorgeous Avis on here from the teardrop girls I am seriously questioning if what I am getting is best!? X
Ballet babe
Ballet babe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 344

Back to top Go down

Post by dkdme5 12th April 2013, 7:20 am

Balamorygyyellfruit- "good for hardly anything there" that'll be me with my little 34a bee stings lol x

Tinkerbell24- how did you find Ross Hall? I really liked it when I went for my consultation. The only prob is I am booked in through Ben on the 17th of May but ive had no paperwork from BMI yet. I phoned and they just said they send it out in batches and my surgery was quite far away so they'll deal with it after they had sorted April's. I couldnt believe they weren't pushing for a deposit x
dkdme5
dkdme5
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 12th April 2013, 7:55 am

I loved rosshall staff/stay/care and food amazing. i didnt book through bmi but i did receive paper work about 3 weeks before and my full balance was to be paid 25 days before xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 12th April 2013, 8:17 am

dkdme5 wrote: ive had no paperwork from BMI yet. I phoned and they just said they send it out in batches and my surgery was quite far away so they'll deal with it after they had sorted April's. I couldnt believe they weren't pushing for a deposit x

I had my surgery at BMI fitzroy square. I received my admission paperwork the day before my op. I think paperwork isn't their top priority! xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by Salmac 12th April 2013, 9:07 am

Back to the original question 'do you think they take more skill.' I think possibly yes? they have to be placed In a certain way and they are more expensive so that would suggest so?? Maybe ask one of the surgeons on the forum.
I was recommend mine as I'm small with little breast tissue and wanted a natural look which is exactly what i got. I'm thrilled with mine! My surgeon said the risk of rotation was minimal. And to remember not one type of implant suits all body shapes! If you want anatomicals maybe look at a surgeon who is happy to use them?
I can confirm that I don't have a bigger scar, In fact they are practically invisible.
Salmac
Salmac
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 105

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th April 2013, 9:57 am

balamoryyellfruit wrote:Oh forgot to add, my surgeon thinks anatomicals are frowned upon over here because they are not FDA approved in America.

The Allergan Natrelle 410 anatomical breast implant is FDA approved lovely.

dkdme5 wrote:Littkewellies and cookie- that is why I love this site, you have both given your personal opinions and very good reasons why you like/dislike anatomical implants. Thanks girls x

I don't 'dislike' anatomical implants at all hun. huh smiley

balamoryyellfruit wrote:My surgeon knows anatomicals well and does a lot with them because he also does reconstructions for breast cancer pts and as Cookie points out anatomicals are used when there is virtually nothing there x

Exactly. And this is what I was saying in response to the opening posters question. :ok:

Lisa34 wrote:I have anatomical implants, I went in to see my surgeon with the idea that I wanted around a 400cc round implant! And was basically told, no!! He recommended around a 300 cc anatomical, I ended up choosing a 325cc. I agree that once settled, both rounds and anatomicals can look very natural, however for me personally if I was to have rounds I would have looked ridiculous! I didn't have any natural breast tissue left, I have a very small frame, and quite a small breast width, 11.5

Again, as I said, with women like yourself were a round implant would be visible at the top your surgeon quite rightly advised the anatomical to help you achieve the best look for 'you'

Ballet babe wrote:Mr shoaib is my PS! He showed me pics of teardrops too but said in his opinion they were for those that are v slim and need a "hinge"! Think he means about them looking more natural shaped/sloped on a slimmer bodied gal. He suggested rounds still early days).

Again.. This is what I've read and researched yes

'Anyone' can have anatomical implants if they're the implant of choice but just to reiterate the question from the opening poster so there is no misunderstanding that we (Breast Buddies) put anything but 'fact' out there to help women make 'informed' decisions do not think anatomicals are a 2nd rate implant, but an implant that surgeons, as you've seen from the responses also would be more inclined to suggest for women who are very slim with little or no breast tissue - those that 'need' as little as possible in the uppper pole for the risk of the implant possibly being visible which is a possibilty with a round implant on that body type. X

Last edited by cookie on 12th April 2013, 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To fix url)
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next