Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

women's implant implant falls out!!

+9
Ktwin2
yolanda12310
willows
Lisa34
Njwarren87
tinkerbell24
doracina
angie8131
loclo26
13 posters

Go down

women's implant implant falls out!!  Empty women's implant implant falls out!!

Post by loclo26 18th March 2013, 4:12 pm

So I've just read in the sun newspaper online that a ladys implant actually fell out of her boob Shocked there's a pic of the implant hanging out. Its down to severe capsular contracture, I'm hoping this form is rare sick x
loclo26
loclo26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

women's implant implant falls out!!  Empty Re: women's implant implant falls out!!

Post by angie8131 18th March 2013, 4:18 pm

Omg!! That's the first I hear of it, but this morning I was actually scaring myself thinking what if my implant falls out? I guess it's not an impossible thought after all! :-(
angie8131
angie8131
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1404

Back to top Go down

women's implant implant falls out!!  Empty Re: women's implant implant falls out!!

Post by doracina 18th March 2013, 4:23 pm

OMG!! Something else for me to worry about!! panic

LOL, I definitely must really want boobies!
doracina
doracina
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 18th March 2013, 4:26 pm

read it in the daily mail xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by loclo26 18th March 2013, 4:35 pm

Its really gave me the jitters. I've been so calm until now panic
loclo26
loclo26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Post by Njwarren87 18th March 2013, 4:55 pm

I've just read it too - come straight on here! haha
I have been nervous all week and only have 4 days - reading this story has not helped :( xx
Njwarren87
Njwarren87
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 18th March 2013, 5:08 pm

Oh my goodness, I knew it was a possibility but it's the first story I've seen where it happens xx
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by angie8131 18th March 2013, 5:27 pm

I think I won't read it, no going back now... Njwarren u on for Friday too? Which hospital? I'm at highgate x
angie8131
angie8131
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by willows 18th March 2013, 6:45 pm

ahh i read that! im abit obssessed with daily mail online lol
willows
willows
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 600

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 18th March 2013, 7:19 pm

Oh dear, more things to worry about. I'm sure its extremely rare! I hope. You most notice that happening to your boob surely!
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktwin2 18th March 2013, 7:36 pm

I saw this! I thought she had CC then the stitches weren't done very well which is why it fell out??? CC can't make it fall out surely??

Where is Cookie with the explanation when you need her. help
Ktwin2
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 334

Back to top Go down

Post by Totty1982 18th March 2013, 8:46 pm

OMG I can't believe it that's horrendous! Try not to think about it Loco, when I was waiting to go down for my op this morning was on tv and they were talking to some woman who woke up during the middle of her stomach op.......flap flap flap!!!!
It's very rare that happens so just go on not thinking about it. X x
Totty1982
Totty1982
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 332

Back to top Go down

Post by angie8131 18th March 2013, 8:53 pm

Omg Totty!! That's what I worry it'll happen to me!! I'm gonna ask for a horse dosage of GA!! Positive thoughts and positive outcome :-D xx
angie8131
angie8131
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Perrie91 18th March 2013, 9:36 pm

I read about this in the paper poor women I would have been so scared but the things us women will do to be happy with our bodies :D x
Perrie91
Perrie91
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 19th March 2013, 12:12 am

It would be very very rare, they don't tend to fall out. I am very surprised they left her for 2 months knowing her body was rejecting the implant. This surgery is done very quickly once they know. It tends to be from an infection, I've not heard of a body rejecting an implant due to CC.
If an infection occurs then if antibiotics do not work they may take the action to remove the implant or implants until the infection is gone and re insert a new implant. I still can't believe they made this woman wait. It is disgusting.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 19th March 2013, 5:34 pm

I'll add the story for those who may be wondering what this is about and also move it to the 'On the box/press and on the net' section.

Lauren Yardley had always dreamed of having a more curvaceous figure.

So at 25, and tired of her ‘boyish’ shape, she decided to buy what Mother Nature had not given her.

She paid almost £4,000 for a breast implant operation, increasing her A-cup size breasts to DD.

But to her horror, just two months after the surgery, her body started to reject one of the implants.

Weeks later, it actually started protruding from her chest and came through the skin.

Now the nursery worker wants to warn women of the potential pitfalls of cosmetic surgery.

‘I couldn’t believe it when the implant started coming out of my breast,’ she recalled.

‘At first it was like a blister, but then over the next week it started to come out more and more.

‘I did not feel too much pain, just discomfort.

The doctors at the hospital said they had never seen anything like it – they couldn’t believe I was not in septic shock.

I feel very lucky, it could have been a lot worse.’

Miss Yardley, from Coventry, paid £3,750 at a private clinic for breast implants in September 2009.

Soon after the surgery, her right breast became hard and lumpy.
Doctors diagnosed capsular contracture, a common complication in implant surgery, in which the body forms a capsule of scar tissue around the implant.

It is a natural process and usually settles. In Miss Yardley’s case, however, the scar tissue tightened around the implant so much that it started squeezing it out of her body.

She paid another £850 for surgeons to replace the implant.

But two months later she was rushed to A&E at Coventry University Hospital when the implant started protruding from her breast.

After checks, she was transferred back to the Tonic Cosmetic Surgery clinic in Nottingham where surgeons safely removed the rejected implant.

Then came the worst part of her ordeal. She had to wait seven months for her body to heal, with one breast totally flat and the other still DD before doctors could replace the implant again. She also had to pay another £1,000.

‘The most horrific thing was having only one breast for seven months,’ she said.

‘I was booked to go on holiday to Tenerife for two weeks so I had to pad out my bra so people would not notice.

When I booked the operation they told me it was common for the body to reject implants – but I had no idea this could happen.

‘People always ask me if I would have implants again after all I have been through but I always say yes. I don’t regret it at all.

But it has cost me a fortune to have all the follow-up operations.’

A spokesman for Tonic Cosmetic Surgery said: ‘Most women who have breast implants will experience some level of capsular contracture. Lauren’s is probably one of the worst cases we have seen.’

Source HERE

To cut the story short -

Soon after the surgery, her right breast became hard and lumpy.
Doctors diagnosed capsular contracture, a common complication in implant surgery, in which the body forms a capsule of scar tissue around the implant.

It is a natural process and usually settles. In Miss Yardley’s case, however, the scar tissue tightened around the implant so much that it started squeezing it out of her body.

She paid another £850 for surgeons to replace the implant.

I've read Tonics aftercare and seemingly the lady should have been covered for one year, so I'm unsure why the lady had to pay the additional £850, but then with any aftercare, the small print is something we don't get to see online or told and you only find these additional costs out when you have a problem, so ALWAYS ask for after 'in writing'

So as far as I've got in the sory, the implant was replaced after the woman was diagnosed with CC? The CC was dealt with.

But two months later she was rushed to A&E at Coventry University Hospital when the implant started protruding from her breast.

After checks, she was transferred back to the Tonic Cosmetic Surgery clinic in Nottingham where surgeons safely removed the rejected implant.

As misf1 said. It sounds as though it was infected that was the cause of the implant being rejected and NOT CC.

The thing that conerns me about this story is that 'generally' there is a wound check at around 6 weeks. This would would have been presenting problems. I've only heard of a Seroma, or infection around the implant causing rejection so was this woman's wounds checked at all?

In the case of a severe Seroma or an Infection leading to implant rejection then this would be the reason the lady was without an implant on that side for a six month period. We have had a couple of women here go through the same, caused by a Seroma though and their implants were replaced after giving their body the six month healing time needed and they went on to happy with their boobs. This woman was very unlucky to have had CC so soon after surgery and then for further problems to happened... Why they happened? I don't know but there could be a few causes

The lady may have had an infection somewhere in her body that she wasn't aware of and this lead to infection around the implant leading to rejection.

The lady may not have had the wound checked

A Seroma may have been the cause (a collection of fluid around the implant)

But the cause wasn't CC from what I read here. Xx

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 21st March 2013, 6:36 pm

Good know that you have a lot of answers to things us girls are just boggled by! How bizarre, but it still doesmt put me off wanting to have a BA, because I know its so rare.
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down