Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Implant sticking out and redness/rash?

4 posters

Go down

Implant sticking out and redness/rash? Empty Implant sticking out and redness/rash?

Post by suzifaye 3rd March 2013, 3:45 pm

Since about day 3 post op on my left boob at the bottom near the cleavage I've noticed the skin has looking extra streched and lumpy. It's not rippling but it looks to me like the edge of the implant. It hasn't bothered my since it's early days and all.

However since yesterday I've noticed a red area almost like rash where this is. It's slightly itchy, but I can't work out whether the itchiness is from my scar as it's quite close. Otherwise there's no pain or tenderness (it's actually still quite numb), the area isn't hot to touch nor is there any oozing from the scars or anything. It doesn't look like an infection to me.

I've attached a pic - it's not that clear and I'd say it's slightly redder IRL but it's the best pic I could get.

Implant sticking out and redness/rash? Rednes11

Anyone shed any light? It's only this area that's red, I've heard of getting rashes from the implants but that seems to be the whole boob rather than just one spot.
suzifaye
suzifaye
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Implant sticking out and redness/rash? Empty Re: Implant sticking out and redness/rash?

Post by silverpanther 3rd March 2013, 3:59 pm

Sorry I can't help- but you can get skin rashes from loads of things- even a viral cold or something! Like you say its not painful or hot- have you checked if you have a temperature?

If its been there for ages and not going away maybe you should call your nurse or surgeon if you can? Just to make sure?

Sorry not very much help! Good luck
XXXXX
silverpanther
silverpanther
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 306

Back to top Go down

Implant sticking out and redness/rash? Empty Re: Implant sticking out and redness/rash?

Post by COOKIE 3rd March 2013, 5:58 pm

Make an appointment to get yourself checked over babe, I wouldn't panic, but with redness near the incision site like that its 'possible' it could be infection so don't just rule it out babe. Your after care is there, paid for and in place for just these kinds of reasons so make use of it hun. If its nothing more than a sweat rash or nothing to be concerned about then great! But if it is an infection the sooner its treated, the sooner its sorted babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by suzifaye 3rd March 2013, 6:50 pm

Thanks guys.

I'll see how it is tomorrow and given them a call. It's not actually that near the incision as it looks because the steri strip is much longer that the wound (redness probably starts around 4cm away from it) and the areas around the wounds look fine. I've got a feeling that it's rubbing on my bra a bit which is making it red?
suzifaye
suzifaye
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 3rd March 2013, 9:03 pm

It could be sweat rash or a reaction to the adhesive in the steri strips. Always best to get things checked out though.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down