Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 days post op, ouch!!

+5
COOKIE
mrs_s_88
tinkerbell24
Nicole
noellepig
9 posters

Go down

2 days post op, ouch!! Empty 2 days post op, ouch!!

Post by noellepig 2nd February 2013, 1:10 pm

hey girls!

Woooooo I have my boobies!! 2 days post op, ouch!! 154564 but oh my god!! weirdest pain ever!

I was fine after the op, obviously still hopped up on meds, and all that day I was fine, 1st night was ok, didnt get much sleep but I was comfortable, and the day after the op was bearable, I was quiet sore 1st thing in the morning but ok after breakfast and for rest of day. Last night was my first night out of hospital and it was awfull!! I woke every 2-3hours in terrible pain but couldnt take anything as had already taken all meds during the day, and when i woke this morning I was in agony! I've taken my first dose of painkillers and slept for another 2hours but the pain seems to be getting worse by the day! Is this normal??

I just cant get comfortable! I have the v pillow but its not doing anything for me 2 days post op, ouch!! 683465 I just feel so tight all the time and the underneath is soo tender. I did expect this obviously but its much worse today than yesterday and last night was just awfull, any tips would be HUGELY appreciated! Is it normal to get worse before it gets better? xxx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 258

Back to top Go down

2 days post op, ouch!! Empty Re: 2 days post op, ouch!!

Post by Nicole 2nd February 2013, 1:42 pm

I think they do say day 3 is the worst hun. How did your flight go? Xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 2nd February 2013, 1:47 pm

ya, so far today isnt great anyway 2 days post op, ouch!! 683465 I'm just gonna keep taking my painkillers when I can and grin and bear it! will all be worth it!!

The flight was actually fine! We had to go on one of those tiny propeller plains though as it was just a regional flight which terrified me!! The way over way really bumpy coz of the weather and since I hadnt eaten I felt really sick! But the way back was much better, had no problems 2 days post op, ouch!! 1978086825 It didnt affect me at all really, exact same as driving to and from the airport, the staff were lovely too, I think they could tell I was a bit uncomfortable as they kept asking if I was alright which was nice! xx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 2nd February 2013, 1:54 pm

ihad to take paracetamol then 2 hours later tramadol day and night. it was okayed by mu surgeon and gp

day 4 and 5 were my worst days hang in there. x
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by mrs_s_88 2nd February 2013, 2:18 pm

Sorry to hear you are hurting noellepig. My pain go worse yesterday but i think thats because i did too much. my incisions were sorest day 3 though. Hope you get a better nights sleep tonight. I found tramadol before bed really helps me sleep. Didn't have a good night last night though and I am pooped. How is your swelling? Hope you are happy with the size xx
mrs_s_88
mrs_s_88
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 324

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 2nd February 2013, 3:00 pm

Ice packs!

Best thing since sliced bread! Lol honestly babe, if you have ice packs, pop them over the tops of your boobs and you'll get so much relief from them, if you don't have ice packs, frozen peas, rice, corn or anything small frozen in a bag will do and really will with the help of your pain killers too help so much babe.

You're hitting the worst of your recovery now babe at day three when all the swelling kicks in and the anaesthetic given at the hospital has worn off... But it does get better babe and generally a week post-op is the turning point for most of so not long to go lovely... Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 2nd February 2013, 5:14 pm

thanks girls 2 days post op, ouch!! 948189

My swelling is ok so far, they are quiet swollen at the top but not so bad, probably going to get worse I'd say?

I'm happy with the size so far but its hard to tell as they're going to change so much. I'm in a 32DD sports bra which is quiet snug but the nurse said it was a good fit and not to try another size for a few days as they will start to change soon.

I'm taking Co-codamol at the moment which contains paracetamol so I dont know if i can take anything else with it? Also taking flucloxacillin as my anti-biotic.

Will definitely be trying ice-packs though! even the thought of it is helping lol, dunno how I didnt think of them earlier! xx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Totty1982 2nd February 2013, 5:22 pm

Hey Noel Pig,

I agree with what they girls have put, just keep yourself dosed up and ice ice baby!!! I also found going out for a very short walk a couple of times during the day helped as this was great for some fresh air but also helped me sleep. I totally understand about the tight feeling across your chest it's sooooo uncomfortable. You just have to play around with your pillow, I found putting normal pillows at an angle in bed then the v pillow opening out the arms a little, a smaller pillow for the small of hour lower back then pillows under your knees and finally a pillow for under your arms as sometimes letting your arms drop to your sides made it even tighter on your chest. I did not sleep totally up right but once I slipped down in the night couldn't get up, don't hurt yourself and get your partner to help lift you into a sitting position then you can get out of bed, few deep breaths as he does, I promise as the days go by it gets easier. I'm 10 days PO and the tightness is going, I'm so much more mobile and back to work on restricted. Just take it easy and prepare yourself to be shattered the first time you go out the house even just to pop for coffee with a friend, your body is healing so respect that and help it.

Happy healing honey x x x
Totty1982
Totty1982
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 332

Back to top Go down

Post by silverpanther 3rd February 2013, 12:06 am

Really best of luck noellepig- I'm sorry I can't give any other tips than the fabulous ones already posted.

Co-codamol shouldn't be taken with paracetamol, though. I had tramadol, which I love because it didn't make me feel sick, and can be taken with paracetamol. Maybe if you continue to feel awful you could visit your GP and request something different for the pain? Or at least something you can take more regularly?

I hope you find it gets more comfortable, I'm sure you will forget all about this hard time when you're new boobies are up and running! It will be worth it! :)
:flowers:
xxxx
silverpanther
silverpanther
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 306

Back to top Go down

Post by mandyjs 3rd February 2013, 7:10 am

Really usefull to read this girls, I've just woken up after my first night and really think I could benefit from some Ice packs.
M x
mandyjs
mandyjs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 3rd February 2013, 11:00 am

Thanks girls 2 days post op, ouch!! 321562

Ya I'm definitely going to try and get out and about for a while today, don't think me sitting in the same spot all day is helping with my comfort! I had a much better sleep last night though, only woke twice, but i think that was more because my bum was going dead than my boobie pain!

The ice packs were a god send, will be using those all day todat aswell! especially towards the end of the painkillers, I take them every 4hours and coming up to the 4hour mark is awful! I'm meeting with my nurse tomorrow though so will definitely speak with her about maybe changing to something else? I do feel much better this morning though so fingers crossed I won't need to 2 days post op, ouch!! 1150991001

As you said silverpanther it will all be worth it 2 days post op, ouch!! 1978086825 xx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrs_s_88 3rd February 2013, 11:07 am

Glad you are feeling better today noellepig. Ice packs are the best! Xx
mrs_s_88
mrs_s_88
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 324

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 3rd February 2013, 11:09 am

what painkillers are you taking, can you take them along with paracetamol cause if you can you can take the paracetamol 2 hours after the other painkiller and that will help towards the end of the other pain relief wearing off xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 3rd February 2013, 11:14 am

I know, I'm goign to be glued to those icepacks for the next week!

I'm taking CO-codamol tink, they contain paracetamol already so cant take it with them 2 days post op, ouch!! 683465 I'm thinking about changing and trying nurafen plus today to see if they work better as my boyfriends mum has a stash for her migraines! But I'm not sure wheter I should just stick to what i was given? xx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 3rd February 2013, 11:18 am

i wasnt allowed to have buprofen after my op as it can thin the blood so double check with the clinic as im sure nurofen contains that

if your really struggling with the pain pop to your dr tomorrow and im sure they will be able ot give you something xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 3rd February 2013, 11:21 am

Ya it does contain it? I better not so until I speak with dr tomorrow! I was told definitely not to take aspirin because of that aswell but dunno if they said ibuprofen aswell? better not to risk it anyway for the sake of a day! at least i'll know tomorrow what I can do and as i said hopefully I'll just keep feeling better bit by bit so won't need anything stronger xx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd February 2013, 12:15 pm

noellepig wrote:Ya it does contain it? I better not so until I speak with dr tomorrow! I was told definitely not to take aspirin because of that aswell but dunno if they said ibuprofen aswell? better not to risk it anyway for the sake of a day! at least i'll know tomorrow what I can do and as i said hopefully I'll just keep feeling better bit by bit so won't need anything stronger xx

Definitely don't take any anti-inflamatories unless specifically instructed to do so by your surgeon babe. They act as blood thinner and many surgeons don't advise them due to the risk of a bleed. Xx

Glad you're feeling better lovely. Xx Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 3rd February 2013, 12:31 pm

ok thanks cookie, good to know! Glad I asked now, this forum has beeen such a big help! I am doing much better though, feeling pretty good about it now, think I can manage without stringer meds 2 days post op, ouch!! 1978086825 xx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 3rd February 2013, 12:43 pm

yeah glad you feeling better morning was always a killer for me between back ache and morning boob, and blooming morning boob is back!!!!! but day 4 and 5 were my worst but by week 2 i felt good xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 3rd February 2013, 12:45 pm

Good to hear! its first thing in morning and sometimes last thing at night that are getting me! soo looking forward to next week and some sort of normality again lol! xx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by silverpanther 3rd February 2013, 1:30 pm

That's the spirit!! If you need good strong painkillers I recommend tramadol, as it can be taken with paracetamol and really helps me sleep. I not taking it now, sometimes in the evening to sleep better, as that's when I get sorest too. But obviously ask your nurse what she recommends!

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow!
Xxxx
silverpanther
silverpanther
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 306

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 3rd February 2013, 1:31 pm

yip tramadol got me through it lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zebra1984 3rd February 2013, 3:43 pm

Congrats on the new boobies!!! Happy healing :) x
zebra1984
zebra1984
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 638

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 3rd February 2013, 7:48 pm

Thanks zebra! doing much better tonight, looking forward to being all done 2 days post op, ouch!! 154564
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down