Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two weeks post op - sore nipples

4 posters

Go down

Two weeks post op - sore nipples  Empty Two weeks post op - sore nipples

Post by Missy Monroe 31st January 2013, 8:26 am

Hey everyone!
I'm 14 days post op! Had BA through te nipples 300cc
I was an A and it's looking like I'm going to prob be a large C maybe a D
My left breast didn't drain well post op and I've had some painful swelling with it and my nipple is facing down and I'm hoping its going to sort itself out when the swelling goes??

I've got incredibly painful and cracked nipples though - the scars havent knitted properly so they had to steering strip me back up when I went for 10 day check up

I feel like I have joggers nipples and I've had the breat band to wear for two weeks and go properly into support bras now and wearing the bra is killing my nipples as they rub on it!

Any suggestions ladies???
Missy Monroe
Missy Monroe
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Two weeks post op - sore nipples  Empty Re: Two weeks post op - sore nipples

Post by COOKIE 31st January 2013, 12:05 pm

Hello and welcome to Breast Buddies Missy Monroe wavey

Everything you're describing sounds very normal hun. Sounds like your left breast suffered a little more trauma during surgery than your right. Remember you had two separate operations...one on the right breast and one on the left so its very common for the healing to be different between the two with one breast healing faster than the other.

I feel for you with the cracked nipples because with having a nipple incision you can't use anything on them to help soothe them... What you can do though hun is cushion them. A lot of women use breast feeding feeding pads during this time, I personally preferred the round make-up pads just placed over the nipple so they have a soft cushion rather than what feels like the abrasive material of the bra.

Having steri strips on after your wound check is very normal too, so don't worry about the Missy, its very common.

The concern about the nipple pointing down... Very common too hun. As the implant moves down when the swelling settles, the skin relaxes and the muscle if you had partials the nipple will move up, so all sounds just fine babe.

Hope you enjoy your time on the forum. We've a wonderful group here who will all make you feel very welcome :flowers:
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Monroe 1st February 2013, 8:32 am

Thanks Hun!

I've spoken to my co ordinaror in Nottingham and I'm being seen by the RMO at riverside (transform) hosp this morn. I had surgery done at Manchester but I'm visiting family at mo and the bleeding continues and I'm not prepared to wait until Monday when I'm back home to then have to make a two hour drive to Nottingham to see the nurse

They've been pretty good and faxed my file to brentford

Will keep you posted in what they say! Hopefully it's noting but two weeks post op and a bleeding scar I don't think is normal :(

Xxx
Missy Monroe
Missy Monroe
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dove 1st February 2013, 10:01 am

Welcome to bjsf! welcome2
I hope your appointment goes well today and they can put you at ease.
Let us know how you get on x
dove
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 484

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st February 2013, 11:06 am

Missy Monroe wrote:Hopefully it's noting but two weeks post op and a bleeding scar I don't think is normal :(

As long as the bleeding isn't making dressings sodden with blood it really is OK hun and as your nurse only reapplied steri-strips I don't think this is the case is it?

Some us just take longer to heal than others babe, I'm 10 weeks post-op and my wound have only just scabbed over now.

You're doing the right thing in seeing your surgeon though is you are at all concerned, after all....this is what we paid aftercare for isn't it. I'm glad to read the clinic is treating you well sweetie and and hope your surgeon can put your mind at ease when you go back to see him.

Big hugs babe, 'cos I know exactly what its like feeling your healing is getting nowhere. But you WILL heal babe, like I said earlier, for some it just takes time. Hug

Just a few tips to help with healing:

Keep your wounds dry, if you're able to shower now and you're still needing to keep re-applying your steri-strips, you'll find it easier to remove them after they're wet in the shower. Don't use any shower gel or soap on the wounds and just allow the water to run over them, then when you've finished your shower, then dab the wounds dry, don't rub them and then use a hair dryer on a cool setting to gently blow the wounds dry before reapplying steri-strips if you're still using them.

Just give yourself half an hour a day without your bra on and let the air get to the wounds. I would open a window and lay on the bed and the let the air get to them. Just do that everyday and it does help a lot.

Make sure you're wearing a good sportsbra... Not sure which one you're wearing but it needs to be very supportive to help support the wounds, so the supermarket sportsbras such as Tesco or Asda just won't be supportive enough. You need a good 'high impact' bra. The Triumph Triaction is an excellent bra and voted best support bra of all in a survey and one of our lovely members found an absolute bargain with this bra being only £11 from Very.co.uk. They're usually between £26-£30 normally, so if you need a bra I thought I'd mention this one to you.

That's about it hun.

Again... Hoping all goes well for you today. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by loclo26 1st February 2013, 12:19 pm

Hello! Two weeks post op - sore nipples  399357

This forum is brill! hope your appoinment goes ok, let us know how you get on x
loclo26
loclo26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Monroe 1st February 2013, 12:57 pm

Hey everyone

Just back from riverside hospital - saw the RMO and a nurse. Te wound had reopened and a bit if stitch was poking out so they removed it and swabbed for infection but said it doesn't look infected (phew)
They have reapplied steri strips and also a dry dressing
The left nipple is pukkered because of how it's been stitched and apparently it may or may not sort itself out - time will tell.
But at least I've been checked and cleaned etc - they said it was just as well I came in so I'm pleased I didn't over react!
Another week or so of having to keep it dry they suggested!
On the plus side I managed to sleep on my side with no pain last night :)
Thanks for all your support people! I'm off to buy breast pads for my still sore nipples lol xx
Missy Monroe
Missy Monroe
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st February 2013, 1:23 pm

Awww glad all went well lovely. :ok: spitting stitches are very co mon but once out the hole closes almost immediately! Its amazing how once that's out it does close.

Glad you're feeling better now Missy and don't worry about puckering this early, after 6 weeks you may be able to then massage the wounds depending on their healing and this does help to smooth them out, but it can take months for this to smooth out... Up to a whole year!

Another week with no showering is hard, but time does go so fast Missy and you'll be loving that first shower I can tell ya!

Good you're able to sleep on your side too. You may find a rolled pair of socks or a rolled face flannel placed between your boobs helps lots too when your side sleeping.

Enjoy your breast pads!!! Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dove 1st February 2013, 1:58 pm

It must make you feel better knowing that you weren't over reacting! Im impressed with how quick they seen you and how they faxed your things over, make sure they update your record so your surgeon has the details of this visit and treatment you received.
Fingers crossed they start healing and you can put this hiccup behind you x
dove
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 484

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Monroe 1st February 2013, 2:01 pm

Yes I'm impressed!
Although having read some other threads I'm gutted I paid the full quoted price and didn't haggle them down any! It appears transform are pretty easy to get to drop the price especially as I had them done in jan which seems to be a good month to ask for a discount! Boooooooo
Oh well! Lol

Xx
Missy Monroe
Missy Monroe
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down