Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girls I really need your help!

+5
mais04
Princess_x
COOKIE
silverpanther
bgorringe
9 posters

Go down

Girls I really need your help! Empty Girls I really need your help!

Post by bgorringe 24th January 2013, 10:38 am

My pc has managed to get me an EXCELLENT price on the op that I want- ba and uplift, with the surgeon I really want, the only thing is that I have to have cui implants and I have to pay the deposit by end of jan to have Surgury in march (which is when I wanted it), because she managed to get me a late space discount on top of the discount she already got for me, but the thing is I've being looking in to having this done for 4/5 years now and never even been close to booking so I'm a bit nervous of handing over the deposit since I've always always thought I'd have the natrelle implants, and I've never felt the cui implants. I can't get to see the surgeon before 14th feb (so will have to pay the deposit before I can see him again), I suppose what I'm looking for is some assurance that the cui implants are ok, I'm prob going to be a b cup when I have it done, so I presume I don't have to worry about rippling, but will the cui still feel soft, and still give me a natural look. I was offered 525 high profiles and 450 medium profiles in natrelle so I presume with the cui the size will be the same. Thanks so much for any advice/support you can give me girls, getting soo nervous! x
bgorringe
bgorringe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 422

Back to top Go down

Girls I really need your help! Empty Re: Girls I really need your help!

Post by silverpanther 24th January 2013, 12:36 pm

I'm sorry i cant give you any advice about cui implants. It sounds as if theyre putting a lot of pressure on you- is the discount really worth all the stress youre going through? Can you not explain to the pc that since you havent ever seen the cui implants you cant agree to it? Maybe she could get you along to just have a look at them, you neednt have a consultation?

Seeing as you've been wanting this for a long time, I think it is really important to make sure you're getting exactly what you want, and that youre clear on all areas of the procedure.

Just take a step back and see if you still feel its worth it to spend the money in order to get the discount, even without knowing as much as you want. It may turn out that you're ok with waiting a tiny bit longer?

Good luck, I hope you manage to get it sorted out darling
xxxx
silverpanther
silverpanther
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 306

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th January 2013, 12:43 pm

Allergan are a very reputable company hun and although CUIs are their budget implant the stringent tests to ensure our saftey is just as stringent on CUIs are they are on their superior range.

I think the PIP scare did a lot to frighten women about budget implant and I think women are right to be afraid and to do the research before booking as you are hun, but I hope it helps to read Allergans statement of reassurance after the PIP scare to make you feel better about any decision you might make

Allergan, Inc. seeks to reassure patients and surgeons around the world utilizing Allergan's breast implant devices (NATRELLE™, McGhan™ and CUI™) that its products are not part of the recent investigation into breast implant devices manufactured by French manufacturer, Poly Implant Prosthese (PIP) by regulatory authorities in Europe. It's important to recognise that there are a number of different breast implant manufacturers around the world. The health authorities are specifically concerned about breast implants made by the company called Poly Implant Prosthese (PIP). Allergan maintains rigorous clinical development processes, extensive manufacturing and quality assurance testing, as well as an industry-leading post-marketing surveillance program, to ensure the highest quality and safety of its breast implants that patients and surgeons can rely on.

All Allergan implants are manufactured at our state-of-the-art facility using silicone and saline that is approved for use in medical devices and are designed to meet all relevant national and international Quality Control Standards and Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP). Allergan is audited many times a year by various regulatory authorities including the European Notified Bodies and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), to ensure its ongoing compliance with all applicable regulations and legislation such as the European Medical Devices Directive, US FDA regulations and guidance and relevant International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Standards, as well as the Company's own exacting requirements. Such procedures ensure that all of Allergan's medical devices are manufactured under a strictly controlled environment and that there is an established and validated process to ensure the consistency and quality of each device. From start to finish, it can take up to 12 days to manufacture an Allergan breast implant which undergoes almost 100 quality control tests, including materials inspection, product inspection and testing. These standards mean that every implant and tissue expander we manufacture is thoroughly evaluated for quality and durability.

In addition to the exacting standards to which we manufacture our implants, we also strive to exceed quality standards for labelling, packaging, shipping and traceability of all our products. These security measures include the use of tamper-evident seals, putting precautions and safeguards in place to prevent damage or interference with the implants and maintaining delivery tracking systems, which allows Allergan to facilitate notification to patients of new safety information regarding their breast implant products.

Allergan's breast implants have been used with success for nearly 50 years, in more than 60 countries, with gel-filled implants being the most commonly selected implants worldwide. Allergan's gel-filled breast implants have also undergone extensive assessment and evaluation by the relevant health authorities worldwide and have been CE marked and available in Europe since 1997. The U.S. FDA approval of gel-filled breast implants in 2006 followed the submission of extensive data gathered from the Company's extensive pre-clinical device testing, use of Allergan's gel-filled breast implants in more than 1 million women worldwide, and nearly a decade of clinical studies involving more than 150,000 women with either gel- or saline-filled breast implants who had been followed for a total of over 214,000 person-years.

Source HERE
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 24th January 2013, 1:56 pm

Personally I woudn't have them but that's just me, how much extra would they ask from you to have Natrelle's? You can't really agree to it without feeling both implants, I felt both CUI's and Natrelle's and this made my deicision for me, CUI's felt too flimsy, Natrelle's very sturdy. I guess it is personal choice x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 24th January 2013, 1:58 pm

Meant to add is this with THG? If so, they offered me a really good price and discount with the CUI's too but I wanted Natrelle's so paid a bit extra, but still had a really good price.
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by mais04 24th January 2013, 3:04 pm

Just in my opinion, I'm very pleased with the CUIs mine are soft and squidgy, you've seen my picture trail. They can be pushed together and one of my friends had a feel of the top today and said you wouldn't know there was an implant in there :) xx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by katielou2111 24th January 2013, 3:20 pm

Have a feel of them both hun and see, dont rush in to it just for a price im sure they will haggle a price with u any time if u tried. Make sure u have what u really want xx
katielou2111
katielou2111
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 24th January 2013, 3:43 pm

Please don't feel like you have to have those particular implants. If you want something else then ask for it and the reasons for the others. Pccs will give you a sales speech to make you feel like they're doing you a favour.

Remember these will be in your body for the next 10-15 years, you need to be happy with what they're putting into you. If you won't be happy with the CUIs then I really would consider speaking to your pcc about it.

I do agree with cookie though that the pip scare has worried everyone.
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by bgorringe 24th January 2013, 6:09 pm

Thanks so much girls, really appreciate the advice! I'm going to go in on Monday and see the cui implants, and if I'm happy with them I'll pay the deposit, if I don't like them I'll have to postpone again. They want an extra £700 for natrelle which isn't much in comparison to what the surgery costs, but it is the difference between me booking now or having to wait another 6 months, so we'll see on Monday. Thanks again girls xx
bgorringe
bgorringe
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 24th January 2013, 6:10 pm

If you do want other implants then insit upon it hun. I have the CUI's myself and I am very happy with them, but it's your body and you should be the one who decides what is put in it. If you feel more comfortable with something else then you must get what you want for your own peace of mind. As for being pressured into booking now, if you want to see your surgeon first then I would suggest you do. If they try and put the price up later you can just tell them you'll go somewhere else, they'll soon slash that price back down.
The sales people are trained to do this, bit like a used car salesman who tells you the cars had lots of interest and you should buy it while you can. It's called a hard sell tactic and they all use it.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 24th January 2013, 6:11 pm

You can haggle the price on the implants too. They''ll come down from 700
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by bgorringe 24th January 2013, 6:15 pm

Thanks hun, yea I think your prob right! x
bgorringe
bgorringe
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 24th January 2013, 6:16 pm

yeah pop along and see for yourself how you feel, i must admit i did go for the natrelle to after seeing and feeling both i too just felt the natrelle felt a bit firmer but not firmer if that makes sense lol. i tried both in in the sports bra too and just preferred the natrelle, I didnt know what was when when my surgeon handed me them as he didnt want me to feel he was making me go for natrelle but when feeling them and having them in i choose the natrelle. but we are all diff and all prefer diff things you may well go along and prefer CUI but if you dont please dont get scooped in in all the excitment cause like Kuru said they are in their for a good amount of years unless you decided to have another op sooner. good luck hope it all comes together for you xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by bgorringe 24th January 2013, 6:33 pm

Thanks tinkerbell! x
bgorringe
bgorringe
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th January 2013, 6:41 pm

I completely missed that you hadn't even had time to see the surgeon hun! :doh:

Don do anything yet! That would be my advice hun.

The implants... Both are good implants, you just have to decide whether you're happy with the budget or you would prefer the premium implant.

What's not good is what's been said - the pressure that's put on you to book.

In my humble opinion hun I'd never book surgery without seeing a surgeon first. Sure, he may be the one you think you want, but it wouldn't be the first time here we've seen a woman wanting a surgeon then not feeling comfortable with them after seeing them.

Hang on to your money hun. There will ALWAYS be offers there for you and if you want Natrelles, you WILL get what you want within your budget if you push hard enough babe.

Go for a few consultations, don't rush, take your time and see a few surgeons and then if your surgeon is one working for the larger commercial clinics you WILL be able to barter for what you want hun, so tell her to sod off, you need time to see a surgeon BEFORE booking anything. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 24th January 2013, 7:29 pm

THG will come down on price too!!!

Try not to fall for their sales pitch, it's hard when you're so excited. Feel them both and if you have any doubt don't agree to it. If you want the natrelles tell them you're going elsewhere, they'll want your business!
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by bgorringe 26th January 2013, 10:42 am

Ok soooo... I went to transform to feel the cui and natrelle and the cui do feel much softer to me, and the natrelle very firm, and seeing as I want a natural look, I think the cui would give me better results, as I really don't want them to be too firm, the only thing is when you hold them upright, they didn't hang very nice, very rippely and a round shape, the natrelle hung in a much more natural shape, so I'm still no where closer to deciding!! :-) lol. But I think what I'm going to do is pay the deposit on Monday, I've been quoted £4700 for cui and uplift, which is amazing, right on budget and much much cheaper than anywhere else I've been, and ask if they can bring the price of the natrelle down to £5200 (it's £5400 atm), and if I manage to get the extra cash between now and my op date then ill pay for the upgrade, if not ill go for the cui, I really cannot decide between the two so I think I'll leave it up to fate! :-) some of you girls on here have amazing results from the cui (and from the natrelle) so I really don't think I'll be disappointed either way. Thanks again for all your help girls! Really appreciate it!
bgorringe
bgorringe
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down