Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this normal?

+5
zebra1984
jakki32
Cazzyxo
mrsball
Emilycornwall
9 posters

Go down

Is this normal? Empty Is this normal?

Post by Emilycornwall 14th October 2012, 11:09 am

Ok, so I know everyones pain tollerance is different but I feel like I am really struggling here.

Had my Op on Friday and in hospital Friday night actually felt not too bad.

Had 5 hours home in a car yesterday which didn't help I am sure but last night and today I am in agony.

My chest pain is feeling like a weight on chest and being stretched. My left boob is really hurting where the drain has been removed and where the implant was placed. I have real pain in my ribs and back and under arms and last night trying to sleep propped up gave me shooting pain all over, even in my bum.

My pain killers codine are not helping, just make me a bit sleepy and when I wake after I feel worse.

Im not usually a crier but can't help it.

Read a few posts on here and some are stating no bruising, my left boob is starting to bruise already and feels literally like it could burst. I am very very swollen, I know but not sure if its too much and not normal?

I had 400C in the end and not sure if its the size and them being too big. My bra feels very tight 34 dd Royal post op bra and I am also wearing a strap, which is very restricting.

I am slightly worried my hospital is so far away and this is all a bit much.

Anyone experienced it this bad, I was expecting bad but not quite this bad.

Also trying to walk because of rib and back pain is agony and not really sure how much walking around i should be trying to do, but being in bed is painfull. I have no strength in my arms, couldn't turn a pull bathroom light on, open a tap, I know im not supposed to be using my arms but am finding it a real task to type.Is this normal? 683465

Not called hospital yet as wanted to know what you girls think. Hope you can post back.

Em
Emilycornwall
Emilycornwall
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 153

Back to top Go down

Is this normal? Empty Re: Is this normal?

Post by mrsball 14th October 2012, 12:13 pm

Hi hunny, you should have posted in the general breat augmentation section, hopefully cookie will be able to move it for you as you will get more replies!

Hun what you're experiencing is normal , after my 2 nd ba I was in bits for about a week, and I cried on days 3 and 4 because of the pain. It will get better I promise you just have to give your body time to heal and rest as it is an operation. I couldn't walk for very long for about a week after, my boobs Nd chest felt heavy and hurt. And even sitting awkwardly could be painful.

Just keep on top of pains meds, I only had dicolgenic and paracetamol I refuse to take codeine as it doesn't tree with me.

Make sure your eating little and often to keep your strength up and nourish your body. Arnica can help are you taking that but above Alll as cookie praises, ice packs
They are a god send for swellings nd instant pain relief. Or frozen peas if you haven't got ice packs.

It will get better and day by day the pain will subside little by little until in a few weeks you wong be in any pain at all!

It's normal to get the boobie blues too which makes us feel even worse but, it will get better and you will love your new boobies so much you will think it was all worth it! Xx
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 14th October 2012, 12:55 pm

Hun what you're experiencing is normal , after my 2 nd ba I was in bits for about a week, and I cried on days 3 and 4 because of the pain. It will get better I promise you just have to give your body time to heal and rest as it is an operation. I couldn't walk for very long for about a week after, my boobs Nd chest felt heavy and hurt. And even sitting awkwardly could be painful.

Just keep on top of pains meds, I only had dicolgenic and paracetamol I refuse to take codeine as it doesn't tree with me.

Make sure your eating little and often to keep your strength up and nourish your body. Arnica can help are you taking that but above Alll as cookie praises, ice packs
They are a god send for swellings nd instant pain relief. Or frozen peas if you haven't got ice packs.

It will get better and day by day the pain will subside little by little until in a few weeks you wong be in any pain at all!

It's normal to get the boobie blues too which makes us feel even worse but, it will get better and you will love your new boobies so much you will think it was all worth it! Xx [/quote]
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilycornwall 14th October 2012, 1:10 pm

Thanks - reassuring xxx

Hurts too much to type xx
Emilycornwall
Emilycornwall
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 14th October 2012, 1:16 pm

Try the ice packs Hun, they do provide some instant relief xx
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilycornwall 14th October 2012, 2:30 pm

thanks alot i have put it on the right forum now.will give the ice packs a go.x
Emilycornwall
Emilycornwall
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cazzyxo 14th October 2012, 3:06 pm

Didn't want to read and run. Sending big hugs hope you feel better soon xox
Cazzyxo
Cazzyxo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 979

Back to top Go down

Post by jakki32 14th October 2012, 3:21 pm

It's only been 2 days Emily, so give yourself time. I had mine on the 8th and I have just sneezed and had to cry. That was probably my post about the bruising, we are all different, but I am so so swollen Emily, and the bra is a torture. I found day 4 was when I had an improvement. I have no arm strength either, but it has improved so much in the last few days, I couldnt even open a yoghurt a few days ago Hun x x Try the ice packs and think this is only for a little while, and what you have to look forward to xxxx Hug
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post by zebra1984 14th October 2012, 3:46 pm

Aw bless ya, sorry to hear you are in so much pain!!!

Unfortunately it does sound "normal". I found the pain bearable but we are all different and have different paid thresholds. If you think you are in serious pain and something isn't right you must speak to someone professional! I got given an emergency number when I left hospital...fair enough the hospital was miiiiiles away but they could give advise! Have you got an emergency number?

I had a very tight chest, not so much back ache though but my arms were a little tender, couldn't lift them very high above my head! The first 5 days are the worst but it really does get better chick though I know it prolly doesn't feel that way!

You must speak to someone though if you feel it's not right, I can't stress that enough even just to put your mind at rest!!!

I found my painkillers to be utterly pointless, co-codomol, the weakest one too! so after a few days just gave up and stuck with paracetamol! If you feel sleepy with yours maybe try paracetamol?

Hope you feel much better soon! xxx
zebra1984
zebra1984
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 638

Back to top Go down

Post by jakki32 14th October 2012, 4:18 pm

The Co codimol or whatever they are called I didn't like. My husband got me paracetomol extra ( Sainsburys ) and they were better. The sleeping positions don't help much either and cause worse back ache and neck and arm ache. Unfortunately it is normal to be in pain. As a back pain sufferer for most of my life It's something I have experienced before unfortunately xxxx let us know how you are feeling. And keep up the fibre cos the painkillers mess u up xxx big cuddle x
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post by Kmaise3 14th October 2012, 6:55 pm

Sending hugs Hug
Its not the best feeling in the world (i too, had wful backache)

but honestly it WILL get better and then you can start to enjoy your new boobs
Kmaise3
Kmaise3
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 521

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th October 2012, 7:18 pm

Ice packs are the best thing ever after a BA hun!

Day 2/3 is always the worst. It's the time when your swelling kicks in most. Some women will bruise, others not, but don't worry if you do hun, it's nothing to worry about. I bruised like a peach after my second surgery... As the swelling was going and I was left with the yellow from the last of the bruising I swear I had marg Simpsons boobs hahaha.

The tightness, pressure, weight feeling, its all normal, this iis the worst part hun, but it not going to last for long, a week at most lovely and you then start to turn a corner for the better.

We're here if you need us lovely... Even if its just for a hug. Hug xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by needboobs 14th October 2012, 7:18 pm

Emily,
I found it more painful than expected too. For at least the first week I struggled. Codeine on its own is not great for pain relief. You can take ibuprofen with paracetamol......& a codeine if you need it. Or buy some voltarol which is stronger version of ibuprofen, which is great for swelling.
Ice packs in the evening helped me too!
You will soon feel better, I promise.......and its well worth it!
Is this normal? 571992
needboobs
needboobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 216

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilycornwall 14th October 2012, 8:51 pm

Just relaxed today and had my wonderful fiancé run round after me, he's on regular trips to the freezer for ice pack renewal and filling me with fluid!!

Think it is just normal after reading your posts and I've just got to let it take its toll, hospital are ringing me tomorrow so will discuss with nurse then.

Got two cracking bruises coming on incision sites and getting a scarey swollen square effect on the top of left boob!!

It's definitely not a joy and not looking forward t
Emilycornwall
Emilycornwall
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilycornwall 14th October 2012, 8:55 pm

Not sure why that posted!!

Not looking forward to bed!!

Your words of support and kindness are so appreciated, so glad I posted as you have all made me feel so much better and brought a tear to my eye.

Thanks so much and will keep you posted, fingers crossed I get a good nights sleep and the morning boob isn't too bad.

Big hugs back , loves em :) xx

Ps will attempt taking a picture if I can manage it for my profile tomorrow cx
Emilycornwall
Emilycornwall
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JustPeachy 14th October 2012, 9:06 pm

Hope you feel better Emily!xx
JustPeachy
JustPeachy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 370

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down