Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you HAD to go abroad, where would you go?

+10
Scatty247
Maisy_Ann
beckydawell
misf1
*Alice*
mais04
COOKIE
bouncyDD
cazalino
Becca85
14 posters

Go down

If you HAD to go abroad, where would you go? Empty If you HAD to go abroad, where would you go?

Post by Becca85 4th September 2012, 12:38 pm

Hi! If you HAD to go abroad, where would you go? 399357

I know that surgery abroad gets a bit of a bad rap but unfortunately it's my only option. I live in Europe and my closest city to get a BA is three hours drive away, so basically I HAVE to get this done 'away from home'.

So, in that case, where is the best place to go? Prague? Spain? Germany? Do I spend the big money and go to the UK? Spend even bigger money and go back 'home' to Aus?

Eeek. I know my main concern is going to be aftercare but I just can't see any way around it. I suppose I have to hope I don't have any complications.

If you HAD to go abroad, where would you go? 476424
Becca85
Becca85
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

If you HAD to go abroad, where would you go? Empty Re: If you HAD to go abroad, where would you go?

Post by cazalino 4th September 2012, 12:44 pm

I'm afraid I can't help you with this hun but im sure someone will be along soon who can x
cazalino
cazalino
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

If you HAD to go abroad, where would you go? Empty Re: If you HAD to go abroad, where would you go?

Post by bouncyDD 4th September 2012, 12:47 pm

I hope you find somewhere... but I would definately find somewhere close and has a good aftercare incase...you never know whats going to happen hun...this is your health...its very important to make the right decisionIf you HAD to go abroad, where would you go? 184153
bouncyDD
bouncyDD
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th September 2012, 1:09 pm

To be honest Becca, I'd rather make the 3 hour drive to your nearest 'reputable' clinic than have to make a journey that could work out VERY costly for you should you be unfortunate to have a complication.

After care would only cover the cost of your surgery sweetheart. Accommodation and travel expenses would all be to your cost.

Just to give you an example of what could happen Becca. I had a bad bleed after my BA which kept me in hospital for two days. I already have low pressure and this too was causing a problem.

After being discharged, although the bleed was controlled, by the morning my dressings would once again be sodden and I'd have to make the 1 hour trip to my clinic, every day for 3 or 4 days, I can't remember now to have my wounds checked and the dressings changed. Not long after that I developed an infection, that again had me at the clinic, once to have the wound swabbed, then recalled again to come back and get some anti-b's and then twice again to check all was going well.

That was 8 trips right after surgery, not inclusive of my post-op checks. I personally would rather make the car/train journey of 3 hours (6 return) toa clinic that's within reach should you need them, than travel and have the possibility of infection and being unable to get the treatment required. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Becca85 4th September 2012, 2:03 pm

Wow Cookie, thanks for sharing your story hun, what a process! I am absolutely aware that these things can happen and that's one of the things I'm worried about with travelling to get my BA.

The thing is the city 3 hours away is Barcelona and I'm not loving the options down there. I'm certainly struggling to find ANY info on clinics and surgeons. I saw last night that The Hospital Group do consultations and/or operations in Barcelona, maybe I should contact them and find out how they can help me?

I'm really loving the results out of the Prague clinics, very much the look I'm going for. Hmmm...
Becca85
Becca85
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by mais04 4th September 2012, 3:00 pm

Not sure of your in Spain after saying about barcelona but I used to live near Malaga and know people that have had them done in marbella and have looked brilliant. But that's about as far as my knowledge goes, no personal experience xx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 4th September 2012, 4:21 pm

My Mum's very close friends with a transgender and when I dropped the boobie bomb on my Mum she discussed it with her.

The lady advised to go to Thailand as that was where she had gone for all of her surgery. She really rated the surgeon's there. She did recommend though to always have enough money for the surgery twice over... because IF something happens such as a complication you will need further surgery which I assume wouldn't be covered for.

I only felt comfortable going close to home, but that's the advice I was given by a woman with a lot of experience.

x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 4th September 2012, 8:11 pm

I would always go home, which for you could be quite expensive going back to AUS, but that would be my preference, you'd have somewhere to stay and people to look after you etc.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by beckydawell 10th October 2013, 9:18 am

Hello everyone.
I went abroad in July this year to have the breast augmentation procedure. I went to Poland, and chose [information removed] as my surgeon. I must say that I am very happy about the results and the treatment quality that they offer. THe staff is extremely helpful and nice. The prices comparing to those in the UK are a lot cheaper, however, the standards are still very high. They planned the whole trip for me, the only thing I had to take care of was the flight tickets. They arranged my accommodation as well. I didn't have to worry about getting to the hotel or clinic or the airport, as I had this assistant package, and my driver helped with everything, even with shopping. they also gave me a mobile phone, so I can contact them if I needed anything or wanted to ask about the city or something.  I can recommend this clinic to anyone interested in this surgery. I think there is a price list on their page, so you can see the prices.

Last edited by COOKIE on 10th October 2013, 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Information removed - advertising)
beckydawell
beckydawell
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th October 2013, 9:34 am

Its highly unusual here for a newbie to post only to promote a clinic and direct to price listings Becky. Digging up a thread of over a year old to make this post is highly suspicious.

Feel free to use the forum for 'support' if you feel you need it. But if I see you posting information here to promote this clinic again the post will be removed and you will be banned.

Please see forum rules here:

Rules wrote:3.1 This rule is non-negotiable. No advertising/spamming will be tolerated. Members logging in to do nothing more than advertise will be banned. Links to sites asking for donations for breast augmentation surgery are not allowed and will be removed.

3.2 Clinics or surgeons or Patient Care Co-Ordinators  who advertise on this board will find they are marked as an advertiser and banned, and this will be noted in the Surgeon section. Honest members will then be informed that that particular clinic/surgeon is not to be trusted. This rule is non-negotiable. No advertising/spamming will be tolerated. Members logging in to do nothing more than advertise will be banned. Links to sites asking for donations for breast augmentation surgery are not allowed and will be removed.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisy_Ann 10th October 2013, 7:35 pm

I wouldn't go abroad to get my boobs done there to many risks and I like knowing I can see my surgeon right away if I need to. Can't imagine not having a safety net there it's scarey when you think about it that if something does go wrong were would it leave u by the time u booked a hotel and flights then travelled to the other country how bad an infection can be by then because infection can spread fast can't it. Don't they care about that

Love Maisy x
Maisy_Ann
Maisy_Ann
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty247 13th October 2013, 7:18 pm

I wouldn't go abroad, the journey home for an hr was hard let alone flights also I had a bad reaction 48 hrs after surgery that led to me being rushed to hospital. It's all personal preference but nobody can say every op will run smoothly it's a major operation to have I'd travel the three hrs xx
Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 14th October 2013, 1:51 pm

having to go to Manchester after having my op done in Glasgow is enough for me so Id def not go abroad for a BA, theres preop appointments then time after taht to think about what was said etc then theres the op then the travel home then the post op check ups

so for me I just wouldnt go abroad xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 14th October 2013, 4:47 pm

I would never have considered going abroad tbh,  purely for the reason of aftercare.
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 14th October 2013, 5:07 pm

I would never even consider going abroad. Like the others have said you can't get aftercare once your back home. Your also not meant to fly for so many weeks
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzyboobs 14th October 2013, 5:47 pm

I have to agree with everyone here, I wouldn't have even entertained the thought of going abroad...... Again because if I had complications, and aftercare. Going backwards and forwards would be costly......... Just not for me! X
Bizzyboobs
Bizzyboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1438

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down