Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abroad or at home?

3 posters

Go down

Abroad or at home? Empty Abroad or at home?

Post by MARIEW82 10th October 2013, 10:41 am

I'm thinking about going abroad for a ba because I can't afford one here. I might just be impatient but I have read both good and bad stories about going abroad. Can anyone share experiences to help me make a well informed decision?
MARIEW82
MARIEW82
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Abroad or at home? Empty Re: Abroad or at home?

Post by COOKIE 10th October 2013, 10:54 am

Recent studies have shown that 1 in 10 people having surgery abroad have needed assistance from the NHS after returning home. That's A LOT of people Marie.

See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Should you require assistance after having a BA abroad from the NHS Marie, let me tell you..they will have no care in saving the aesthetic look you paid for abroad, their only care is or you and your health and if you were to get an infection they would simply remove the implant (only the implant affected) stitch you up and send you home.

They will not do what our UK surgeons do when you can go back to them that day and take advantage of the aftercare when infection is suspected and swab you to find out which infection you have and then put you on the right anti-biotics to help fight it straight away!

Because you're not under their care. The implant will simply be removed hun.

Just something for you to think about.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 10th October 2013, 11:05 am

Hi Marie,
Some ladies do go abroad ( from my research the only incentive is that it is cheaper) however I believe you get what you pay for...

There are many more negatives about going abroad such as
-If something goes wrong you will have to pay to go back to wherever you had the surgery done,
-We have better regulations then abroad
-If you cannot get back to where you had your surgery done you will be looking to the NHS for help. They will look to remove the problem (the implany) and this will not be replaced
-Aftercare is normally very very short!

So it is definitely worth saving up and having your BA in the UK in my opinion... What are the positives about going abroad?! This is your body and your health for the rest of your life... its just not worth taking the risk x
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th October 2013, 11:08 am

MARIEW82
Forum rules wrote:
11.1 We have ways of seeing if a poster is posting from more than one account. If have lost your log in details, follow the password recovery system. If you still can't log in there is a contact form on this site where you can contact me and your account can be reset.

11.2 If you are clearly posting as different users then the accounts will be locked pending investigation. People who post from multiple accounts as different users are wasting the girls time asking questions they really don't need help with, and this is unfair to the other girls who may need urgent help with their questions.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down