Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what to expect in the week that follows

+8
misf1
Lian
mildura
icecream
*Alice*
bouncyDD
COOKIE
zthomas
12 posters

Go down

what to expect in the week that follows Empty what to expect in the week that follows

Post by zthomas 10th August 2012, 2:54 pm

Hello ladies

I am having my op on the 26th and very anxious,not about the op but afterwards pain wise etc... any advice or info on pain?
zthomas
zthomas
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 279

Back to top Go down

what to expect in the week that follows Empty Re: what to expect in the week that follows

Post by COOKIE 10th August 2012, 3:22 pm

Hello and welcome to BJSF zthomas what to expect in the week that follows 399357

Don't worry too much about 'pain' lovely. You'll experience 'discomfort' more than you will pain.

You'll be given strong painkillers to go home with to help this discomfort too and buying yourself some ice packs (cheap in Wilkinsons) will help your recovery as well as a V-pillow.

You'll be OK sweetie, don't worry what to expect in the week that follows 571992

Take a read through some of the information we have in the 'Breast Augmentation Information' section of the forum babe, there's lots of information in there to help you prepare for your big day.

If you'd like, you could also post your surgery date in the 'Calender Entries' section of the forum (not the actual calender) and then when your big day comes, we can all send on our good luck wishes your way.

Congratulations on booking your BA date hun. This is such an exciting time for you, so try not to focus on any negatives, be positive and enjoy this last couple of weeks till your surgery day is here, 'cos I promise you zthomas, you'll look back and realise this is one of the very best times of your life what to expect in the week that follows 154564

Enjoy the forum. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

what to expect in the week that follows Empty Re: what to expect in the week that follows

Post by zthomas 10th August 2012, 3:35 pm

thank you cookie i will look when the kids are asleep. I was booked for october nut there was no way i could wait that long. I am so sick with nerves as i never thought the time would come im a 34b and am having 460 overs at riverside. Im not sure what size that will leave me at,thats making me anxious too :(
zthomas
zthomas
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th August 2012, 3:43 pm

Sizing issues is VERY common hun what to expect in the week that follows 1978086825 You have over 2 weeks still before your surgery date, so I'd personally advise you arrange a second consultation with your surgeon to go over everything again. It's common for us all to do this so don't worry about going again.

Taking pictures with you of the size and look you're hoping to achieve helps because surgeons dont tend to work in 'cup sizes' they work in 'volume' (CCs) so seeing what you want will actually help your surgeon to decide how much volume is required to achieve as close as possible the look you want. Pic of women with a similar body type as yourself would be best too, to give the most realistic idea of what's possible to achieve. A lot of women look in mens mags such as Nuts for pictures, or just search celeb columns for pics of them in bikinis.

Reading the 'Surgery Stories' too written by all the women here who have already undergone their BA is also a great relaxant. Reading how happy everyone is after feeling just like you are now really helps to put those fears to bed too.

You really are going to be OK. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zthomas 10th August 2012, 3:49 pm

he is not in now till after my op date, Im worried I have listened to other people who have said 525 is to big instead of myself! :(
zthomas
zthomas
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bouncyDD 10th August 2012, 7:45 pm

Well you have to see him again somehow, you cant do the op till you have sorted exactly what size you want xxx
bouncyDD
bouncyDD
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 10th August 2012, 7:50 pm

You really have nothing to worry about zthomas, generally over's are meant to be a little easier as they are a less invasive procedure. I had over's and was surprised at the whole thing, it felt more like I'd done a big chest workout in the gym.

Read some surgery stories because they really helped me understand what to expect on the big day. Then ensure you're stocked up for your recovery.... the number 1 on the top of my list of things I couldn't live without were ICE PACKS! I bought mine from Wilkos and were reusable heat/icepacks so I could stick them in the freezer then pop them on my boobs or I could stick them in the microwave and stick one on my back! They really helped!

As for size don't listen to what other people say, the only opinion's that count are your own and your surgeons. If your surgeon says it's a suitable size for your frame then ignore what anybody else says. x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by icecream 11th August 2012, 3:07 am

I'm 9 days post op and as the girls have mentioned, it's more discomfort and after-working-out-soreness/achiness! The painkillers they give you will do their job. It's absolutely nothing that you won't be able to handle! I had unders so fingers crossed you heal a lot quicker!

It's sort of like having a baby... Once you see your baby for the first time, all the pain goes away and it makes it all worth it... You'll feel the same once you see you new Boobs

The worst thing for me right now is morning boob! They're so stiff and achey in the morning! Ugh!

Good luck on the 26th Hun! vino to beautiful boobies! Xx
icecream
icecream
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 450

Back to top Go down

Post by mildura 11th August 2012, 10:20 am

Don't worry too much, you'll probably be pleasantly surprised. I was absolutely terrified the week before my op, especially when i found out my PS prescribed PARACETAMOL for when i got home.
When i got back in my room in the hospital the nurse asked how i was and i said "well, i'm glad i get hospital drugs for a day, i'm dreading the pain when i get home" he just smirked and told me the drip was nothing more than paracetamol too. Like the other ladies have said, it's just uncomfortable.
The worst part was the 24 hours i was bandaged up, i had such bad back pain the nurse spent all night unsuccessfully trying to chase me back into bed. Once they unwrapped me and put on my sport bra i felt ok though.
Oh and getting home is bad, it took 20 minutes to get home but 10 of them were spent on cobbled roads and the bouncing was a killer. That was the only time i had any actual pain in my boobs though!
Good luck with your surgery!
xx
mildura
mildura
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Lian 11th August 2012, 11:19 am

Hi zthomas. I am 12 days post op and I have been absolutely fine. I stayed in bed for the first 3 days, but that was more because I have 2 babies and they would need things from me rather than pain. When my friend came to pick me up from the hospital and others that saw me within the first days all commented on how well I looked... And I was! I am just on my way home from a weeks caravan hol in Wales walking round and having fun.
Yes there's discomfort but most of my restrictions have been due to looking after myself rather than pain and discomfort. The only thing I have had that I would describe as pain has been the shooting pains around the incisions, but this is normal and as they come and go so quickly it has not been a problem, more a handy reminder that I'm healing and I need to look after myself. I hope this helps. What helped me was reading all the stories as then when I did get pains I knew it was normal and I was expecting it so it never seemed so bad.
Lian
Lian
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 581

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 11th August 2012, 11:48 am

I didn't really have any pain, just discomfort really. I really woudn't worry.

Here's some info about my recovery you may or may not find it useful:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie_lovey 12th August 2012, 11:18 pm

One of the first things my friends etc have asked me about was how the pain was...I was expecting huge amounts as i'm a real baby with no pain threshold! But it honestly was just discomfort, I had to wear an elastic strap for 2 weeks and that was the only thing to cause me pain!..the boobs, incisions etc were tender in places but not painful, and twinges at times but that's all :smiler:
but like the girls said...ice packs for the boobs, (especially in the mornings when the swelling/ discomfort seemed to be worse) and hot water bottle for the back and shoulders, confuse your poor little body but it will help so much! Enjoy your countdown! xxx
Abbie_lovey
Abbie_lovey
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by mariaelaina 13th August 2012, 10:44 am

As always the girls have given you great advice! I'm a baby with pain, I passed out the first time I had a bikini wax and when I got my belly button pierced what to expect in the week that follows 808228

But my BA only gave me an constant achey feeling rather than "pain". The worst thing for me to do was getting up out of bed or up out of a chair but it passed within the first week. The most pain I was in through the whole process was having the IV antibiotics in the canula in my hand but boob wise things really weren't too bad.

Good luck hun! what to expect in the week that follows 321562
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 537

http://www.twitter.com/maria__elaina

Back to top Go down

Post by zthomas 13th August 2012, 10:50 am

Thank you ladies your all so amazing with giving your advice and tips.
I'm starting to feel so much better about the "unknown" already.
zthomas
zthomas
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mariaelaina 13th August 2012, 10:54 am

Good to hear you're feeling better zthomas! How long have you got to go now? what to expect in the week that follows 4239681551
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by zthomas 13th August 2012, 10:57 am

13 more sleeps :) I sound like a kid counting down to x mas x
zthomas
zthomas
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mariaelaina 13th August 2012, 10:59 am

Wahoo! It is just like Christmas...with the best present ever! what to expect in the week that follows 773440
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princesslisa2012 13th August 2012, 11:07 am

great post Zthomas lots of info that's helped me to xxx
Princesslisa2012
Princesslisa2012
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 150

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th August 2012, 11:12 am

You may also find this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] helpful to prepare you for your post-op recovery. xx

Last edited by cookie on 13th August 2012, 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to fix url)
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

what to expect in the week that follows Empty Hi ladies!

Post by LVBurgess 13th August 2012, 2:17 pm

I'm new to this forum but thought I'd join as I'm 2 days post op & stuck in bed with nothing to do. I have just had unders & am in so much pain, although it has got slightly easier today but I think that's because I have been taking tramadol (the pills they gave me didn't even touch the pain I was in before). I think it is just me being a baby though as every forum I read the girls say the pain isn't too bad. I don't think the elastic bandage helps and I think my muscles have been pushed around during surgery so will take time to heal. My biggest worry is how to wash my hair as I have to go to a meeting tomorrow. Can anyone recommend a good way to do please? Thanks x
LVBurgess
LVBurgess
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by mariaelaina 13th August 2012, 3:45 pm

Welcome to the forum LVBurgess! what to expect in the week that follows 773440

Congrats on your new additions but sorry to hear you're in pain. I'm sure you're not being a baby, I didn't have unders but they're usually more painful as you have to stretch the muscle to get the implants in. Ouchy.

As for washing your hair I've seen many wise girls on here suggesting you pop into your local hair salon for a wash and spruce up. Would that be a possibility for you?
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princesslisa2012 13th August 2012, 3:55 pm

Congratulations on your new boobies congrats and welcome to the forum..Everyone are so lovely... Hope the pain eases for you very soon, Regards on washing your hair i was told you cant wash your own hair for a while i know my friend went to the hair dressers for a wash and blow dry? or have you a friend who can do it for you i wouldnt risk it hunny xxx
Princesslisa2012
Princesslisa2012
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 150

Back to top Go down

Post by zthomas 13th August 2012, 4:07 pm

Go to the hairdressers and let them spoil u xx
zthomas
zthomas
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th August 2012, 4:16 pm

LVBurgess wrote:I'm new to this forum but thought I'd join as I'm 2 days post op & stuck in bed with nothing to do. I have just had unders & am in so much pain, although it has got slightly easier today but I think that's because I have been taking tramadol (the pills they gave me didn't even touch the pain I was in before). I think it is just me being a baby though as every forum I read the girls say the pain isn't too bad. I don't think the elastic bandage helps and I think my muscles have been pushed around during surgery so will take time to heal. My biggest worry is how to wash my hair as I have to go to a meeting tomorrow. Can anyone recommend a good way to do please? Thanks x

Hello and welcome to BJSF LVBurgess what to expect in the week that follows 399357

If you'd like to you could introduce yourself in the 'Say Hello' section on the forum, maybe tell us a little about yourself? and we could all give you a big warm Breast Buddy welcome what to expect in the week that follows 154564

Washing your hair: I just asked my daughter to help me. I held onto my boobs as I held my head over the bath and had my daughter wash my hair with the shower.

A bit of help is all you need lovely, or as some of the girls have said: a trip to the hairdressers for a wash and blow dry is also another option for you sweetie. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down