Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worried about underwires...

+15
Lian
lx79
mrsm
NBD 16 July 2012
roxanne
MrsH
zulka111
2nd time lucky
kay
sparkyleeds
lilmonkeys
misf1
jodie1204
bouncyDD
SunshineLady
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Worried about underwires... - Page 3 Empty Re: Worried about underwires...

Post by roxanne 1st August 2012, 3:04 pm

Thanks cookie, but I haven't started to wear them again since my op. My body's telling me to stay away from them for now, and you're right with one lazy boob it doens't help Worried about underwires... - Page 3 557141

I was referring to before my op. I've never found them comfy enough to wear full time in the over twenty years of bra wearing. I've always worn a selection of underwired and nonwired, but have always preferred to wear nonwired as my daily old faithful staples Worried about underwires... - Page 3 4239681551. I've tried a variety of sizes, styles and brands, so it's not a one off, just a preference. I think it's a combination of my anatomy and the feeling of being more in 'armor' with wires, more 'confined'. I think for me wires tend to sit on bones and muscle Worried about underwires... - Page 3 199385 Clearly some underwired styles are more comfortable than others but never as much as nonwired ones (and I've tried many many of both).

Alice, staying home would lead to other problems of a sedentary life, there truly is no winning Worried about underwires... - Page 3 557141 xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st August 2012, 3:22 pm

I'm exactly the same Roxanne. Given choice I stay in non wired bras for the majority of the time, simply because I find them more comfortable.

But I LOVE the choice. If I want to wear wires, especially if I'm going out or want my boobs to look nicer I do! (no non-wired bras give me the look I get from wired ones, I've seen the links you've presented here... not even those Worried about underwires... - Page 3 683465 )

But this is what is so great about having augmentated boobs and the choices of bra styles available to us. They look good in non-wires, but damn hot when they get a wire under 'em! Worried about underwires... - Page 3 727935 so we get the best of both worlds. All about choice and not risk Worried about underwires... - Page 3 184153 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 1st August 2012, 3:28 pm

It's nice to hear I'm not alone on the comfort front cookie Worried about underwires... - Page 3 4239681551

I made the mistake of buying three underwired bras at two months post op. They're not for me, two don't flatter me at all now, and the other's wires feel so uncomfortable even though it's the right size. They still have their tags but it's too late to return them. Might have to sell them on ebay instead, I'll see. I need a girly afternoon to buy some new balconette and push-up bras soon Worried about underwires... - Page 3 1978086825
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st August 2012, 4:27 pm

I think you'll find there are more of us than you think that enjoy the comfort of non-wired bras when they aren't going anywhere. I've read countless times here about women loving their sports bras more for the comfort value after their recovery, whilst they hated it during lol. So I think it's very much just a girly thing.

If you do want to sell your bras you could always try the 'Grab a bargain' section of the forum hun. I'm sure there are lots of ladies here that would appreciate a little bargain. Worried about underwires... - Page 3 4239681551 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mssaprl9 1st August 2012, 5:02 pm

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry, I hope this is not the case! My surgeons notes that he gave me say to not wear underwires for 3 months. My sisters surgeon said to not wear them ever, but she still wears them anyway. I see my surgeon tomorrow to take the stitches out and will ask what he thinks about this. I really hope this is not true! I will cry!
Mssaprl9
Mssaprl9
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st August 2012, 5:31 pm

It's fine babe, don't worry.

I was in sports bras for 3 months too, so it's not at all unusual to be in sports bras for that long.

Really. Don't worry yourself about it mssaprl. As has been well pointed out by our lovely mods who's research and knowledge has shone in this thread, the points stated are not at all fact. Inconclusive studies are absolutely nothing to panic about babe. It makes me sad seeing you girls panicking over bias theories with no weight at all behind them when you should be looking forward to enjoying your new boobs.

Honestly lovely. You're fine, the 3 months flies over and you'll soon be able to vamp your new babies up in no time. Worried about underwires... - Page 3 571992
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mssaprl9 1st August 2012, 6:17 pm

Thanks cookie! You're awesome! I know I am only one week out, but I just want them to be "pushed up" more if you know what I mean. And the thought of no underwires just kills me! But this is a little reassuring! :)))
Mssaprl9
Mssaprl9
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mssaprl9 1st August 2012, 6:21 pm

And sunshine I love you're new avi, looks so good! Do you think an underwire really pushes them up and makes a difference in the size?
Mssaprl9
Mssaprl9
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st August 2012, 6:21 pm

But are there other ways bras can harm our health?

"I've read a myth on the Internet that underwire bras can give you
cancer," says Brooke. So she heads to the Cancer Council to find out if
there's any truth in that.

The helpline's director Doreen Akkerman says it's a common question. The
theory behind it is that the wire squashes the lymph nodes at the side
of your breast causing a build-up of toxins that lead to breast cancer.

"I think when people are concerned about breast cancer they want to look for reasons why it happens and certainly myths like this do crop up,
but there's really no evidence to suggest that wearing a tight bra, or a
bra, will actually cause breast cancer," says Doreen.

Whatever your style of bra, it won't give you breast cancer. No-one
really knows what does — 12,000 Aussie women are diagnosed with it every year.

Risk factors include:

• A family history with a mother or sister diagnosed
  • Age — most cancers happen in women over 50
  • Lifestyle issues, like being overweight.

But as Kylie Minogue's recent experience shows, it can strike any woman at any age. So we should all be breast aware.

"The sorts of changes to look for would be: any changes in the nipple;
any discharge from the nipple; any sort of extra lumps in the breast
that aren't normally there for you; a change in shape in the breast,
particularly in one breast and not the other; any pain in one and not
the other that doesn't go away," says Doreen.

Conclusion
Your bra is not a cancer risk. But an ill-fitting one can cause
discomfort and pain and lead to saggier breasts. If you want to feel
uplifted, then an underwire style is probably best. Though any bra is
better than none.

Source HERE

Last edited by cookie on 1st August 2012, 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix url)
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st August 2012, 6:26 pm

Mssaprl9 wrote:Thanks cookie! You're awesome! I know I am only one week out, but I just want them to be "pushed up" more if you know what I mean. And the thought of no underwires just kills me! But this is a little reassuring! :)))

I know exactly what you mean hun. Every source I found on the internet regarding the cancer and wired bras claim this to be nothing more than a myth hun, just like the quote above from the Australian cancer council.

This quote is from Cancer research UK

Myth 2. An ill-fitting bra can cause breast cancer
There is no evidence to show that tight or underwired bras cause breast cancer.

Source HERE

I don't think you could get any clearer response than those of the Cancer associations themselves which put the myths straight to bed! lol. So just take the cancer comments in this thread with a pinch of salt hun and look forward to the amazing shape you can achieve from underwires when you get the all clear. Worried about underwires... - Page 3 184153 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 1st August 2012, 7:54 pm

I have worn wires since puberty, ever single day, without fail, come rain or shine, many many many years............they are fine xx

The only time I didn't was when I couldn't or when I run xx I love underwired bras xx

I appreciate that some people feel more comfortable in non wired, which is absolutely fine xx

It's personal choice and for anyone reading will have no detrimental impact on your boobs or your implants xx Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 1st August 2012, 8:13 pm

Right I am going to lock this thread as I feel everything that has needed to be said has been said.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3