Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op

+8
SunshineLady
lilmonkeys
*Alice*
2nd time lucky
Gillian1808
roxanne
Natty29
COOKIE
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op - Page 2 Empty Re: BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op

Post by roxanne 5th July 2012, 12:22 pm

TBH I haven't bookmarked any links. But during my research I did come across quite a few ladies on US forums and surgeon websites regarding permanent sutures around the areola for mastopexies. It's like anything else though, some prefer these some don't. Generally semi permanent sutures (like I have) should suffice because the breasts have months to heal before the stitches dissolve, therefore permanent ones aren't necessary. The downside to the permanent ones is that you will always feel them somewhat. In some cases, though this may still be the best option. But the reason permanent ones are used is to make sure the shape of the areola stays rounder and doesn't widen too much post op due to the tension xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th July 2012, 12:34 pm

Yes, as you say 'generally' the dissolvable stitches should be enough, but it's not always the case... I haven't been told that I'll be able to feel the permanent stitches, so this is something I will definately be asking about, but truth be told, it's a small price to pay to get the results I want. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th July 2012, 1:05 pm

I think I found my answer :thumbs:

Across the pond and in the UK only dissolvable stitches are used, inside and outside, occassionally for a large busted woman, 1 permanant stitch might be used in the deep tissue to help hold the areola in shape.

The reason permanent stitches to lift the breast isn't used as the 'norm' is because this procedure can't apparently be done until a capsule has been created (a capsule forms around the implant once implanted), so is only available as a revision surgery, also because the stitches are within the deep tissue layers and not the top, I'm thinking/hoping chances are I wont be able to feel them at all. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineLady 5th July 2012, 6:14 pm

I had stitches taken out when I was a week post op... I assumed they were permanent as they were physically removed. Do you think they were dissolvable but they were still taken out?

Sorry if I'm being stupid... X
SunshineLady
SunshineLady
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 596

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineLady 5th July 2012, 6:15 pm

And thank you for sharing your pics as well Cookie!
Really encouraging to see and know :flowers: xx
SunshineLady
SunshineLady
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th July 2012, 6:19 pm

SunshineLady wrote:I had stitches taken out when I was a week post op... I assumed they were permanent as they were physically removed. Do you think they were dissolvable but they were still taken out?

Sorry if I'm being stupid... X

You're not being stupid at all hun. We all have a wound check at around a week post-op and have stitches snipped to help them better dissolve and some removed that may be poking out. xx

SunshineLady wrote:
And thank you for sharing your pics as well Cookie!
Really encouraging to see and know flowers

That's OK Sunshine, glad I can help to show just how well scars do heal over time. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 5th July 2012, 10:05 pm

I've had a combination of the different types of stitches. I had removable ones removed at my first post-op. I know for a fact that in my case these were removable ones, they were blue and wirey, and I could see the nurse remove them around my areola as I was looking down. Also the nurse said she would be removing my removable ones xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 6th July 2012, 1:01 am

Nice examples of the scars cookie, mine are very similar, very small white line. I had my stitches removed at 13 days post op. Was fab.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineLady 6th July 2012, 10:44 am

roxanne wrote:I've had a combination of the different types of stitches. I had removable ones removed at my first post-op. I know for a fact that in my case these were removable ones, they were blue and wirey, and I could see the nurse remove them around my areola as I was looking down. Also the nurse said she would be removing my removable ones xxx

Hey Roxanne :)

By removable, do you mean permanent or dissolving stitches? X
SunshineLady
SunshineLady
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th July 2012, 11:10 am

After further reading last night (Insomnia is not a good thing) depending on the surgeon, there 'may' for some women be some permanent stitches that will need to be removed anything up to 2 weeks post-op, but the majority of stitches left to help healing will be dissolvable. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 6th July 2012, 11:46 am

Sunshinelady, the ones I had removed at my one week check-up were proper removable thicker wirey ones that you can't keep on, these have to be removed.

The rest along my crease incisions are dissolvable. I also have some around my areola because of my mastopexy that are semi-permanent, which means they take many months to eventually dissolve (actually I have a few layers of stitches along here due to the mastopexy). Unlike my dissolvable crease ones which I don't feel anymore, I can still easily feel the semi-permanent ones around my areola, I will for a few months still. This gives the chance for the lifted and reshaped areola to heal and retain their shape better, despite this one is still more oval than the other xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 6th July 2012, 11:47 am

^^Confusing isn't it, lol^^

Basically I've had removable, dissolvable and semi-permanent stitches, so three different kinds xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 6th July 2012, 2:41 pm

My scars are really small, faint and neat too. I didn't use anything on mine either and they sit perfectly in the crease. You can only see them when I lift my arms above my head

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op - Page 2 Empty 2 weeks ost op scars

Post by mirren001 15th September 2012, 12:23 am

cookie wrote:You're obviously very lucky Roxanne to have completely healed so quickly. My scars were red and angry looking for a long time, with stitches still coming through for months! LOL.

Just shows the difference in how we all heal doesn't it. BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op - Page 2 1978086825 xx

I know I am way early to worry over scars being just 2 weeks post op( but I'm a worrier lol) .I removed the steri strip today as instructed last week by the nurse at my check up,my scars dont look straight and are really lumpy one is on the bottom of my breast and the other is just below the breast on my rib is this normal and because theres still swelling and each breast settles at its own time?

Also the nurse said to leave the scars a week from now and start to massage them?

any advice is muchhhh appreciated BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op - Page 2 267328
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th September 2012, 10:00 am

Hello and welcome to BJSF mirren BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op - Page 2 399357

Your scars sound just fine hun BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op - Page 2 184153 Sounds like you have one boob healing quicker than the other, therefore one scar has settled into the breast crease first, this is completely normal, the other will catch up in it's own time sweetness and then you'll have both scars sitting nicely in the crease.

The lumpyness is also completely normal too. When you start to massage, the scar tissue will gradually start to break down sweetness and the lumps you're feeling in the scar will flatten out eventually so don't worry. There's nothing at all unusual in the way your scars look right now, it normal and they will fade to a nice thin white line.

Just to add mirren, we have a 'Say Hello' section babe if you'd like to come and introduce yourself, we have a lovely group here and I know they'd all love to give you a nice warm welcome to the forum and get to know a little about you. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lairyfairie 11th January 2015, 2:58 pm

Thanks for this thread Cookie and your scars are basically invisible, which is reassuring. My PS said that I could also use silicone gel after 6 weeks if I want on my scars, so I have just ordered some online. It is used by surgeons & in hospitals etc to speed up the healing and assist in the fading of the scars.
lairyfairie
lairyfairie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 340

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th January 2015, 3:04 pm

I tried those too after my bad scarring from Transform. They were useless if I'm honest Lairiefairie. 

But it's another one of those things - if you 'want' to use these things then it's up to you, but be aware, many clinics and surgeons have started selling these from their own websites now. It's just more money in their pocket. Again as has been stated in this thread and as you can see from my own scars, you honestly don't need a thing to help the healing and unless you had particularly bad scars and wanted to try to help them along, then I wouldn't personally waste my money. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lairyfairie 11th January 2015, 8:44 pm

In the back of my head I thought it may be a gimmick, but I am a sucker for doing everything to try and get the best outcome - to the letter!!

Gonna try it on one of my foot scars to compare to the other one and then I will know if it does anything as I will need more than 1 tube anyway, and its quite pricey. This way I  may not waste my money buying more of it - especially as you said you didn't use anything and you got fantastic results
lairyfairie
lairyfairie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 340

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2