Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op

+8
SunshineLady
lilmonkeys
*Alice*
2nd time lucky
Gillian1808
roxanne
Natty29
COOKIE
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op Empty BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op

Post by COOKIE 28th June 2012, 5:23 pm

I just found these pics and thought I'd share to help some of you girls see just how invisible your BA scars will be, mine were so small and light they could barely be seen unless I actually pointed them out. BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op 184153

BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op Bascar2yearsBA scars 2 1/2 years post-op Bascar2years

The red arrows show were the scar actually are. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op Empty Re: BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op

Post by Natty29 28th June 2012, 5:53 pm

Mine were small and barely visible right after my op too xx
Thanx for sharing cookie xx
Natty29
Natty29
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1301

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th June 2012, 6:00 pm

No problem Natty. I've heard a few concerns lately from women worrying about their early scars being lumpy and red and thick. Mine were all of those, but scars often look a whole lot worse before they get better and end up in a nice teeny line. These pics are actual size too. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 28th June 2012, 6:07 pm

I showed my boobs to a friend the other day. She said if I hadn't told her I had an uplift around the nipples she wouldn't even have noticed. I also showed her where the implant was inserted, she had to get really close, and struggled to see the crease incision scar, and it's been less than three months since my op BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op 1978086825
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th June 2012, 6:17 pm

You're obviously very lucky Roxanne to have completely healed so quickly. My scars were red and angry looking for a long time, with stitches still coming through for months! LOL.

Just shows the difference in how we all heal doesn't it. BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op 1978086825 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 28th June 2012, 6:32 pm

Don't get me wrong I still have one side where the scars have healed faster than the other, though I'm not complaining since both are healing well, though the semi permanent scars around my areola are still freaky to touch. Funny enough the side with the quicker healing scars is the side with the lazier boob that's taking longer to fully drop BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op 869500
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillian1808 28th June 2012, 8:49 pm

They look fab Cookie! Cheerleader hope mine heal as well when I eventually get them done!
Gillian1808
Gillian1808
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky 28th June 2012, 8:52 pm

They do look great Cookie, thanks for showing us.xx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 28th June 2012, 9:15 pm

Great post Cookie.

I was fortunate to have had two friends show me their scars post op and I was absolutely blown away at how invisible they were! The scars dont bother me as they are right now though, it's a small price to pay for symetrical boobs so any improvement is fine but I won't lose sleep over it. X
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by lilmonkeys 29th June 2012, 11:30 am

Wow, they really are almost invisible! Thats reassuring i must say as ive been worried about mine being lumpy.

Thanks for sharing xx
lilmonkeys
lilmonkeys
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 114

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 29th June 2012, 11:52 am

roxanne wrote:Don't get me wrong I still have one side where the scars have healed faster than the other, though I'm not complaining since both are healing well, though the semi permanent scars around my areola are still freaky to touch. Funny enough the side with the quicker healing scars is the side with the lazier boob that's taking longer to fully drop BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op 869500

Our healing is so strange isn't it, my leftie healed so much quicker than rightie and leftie had the most work done - Odd BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op 751387

I'm intrigued though by the 'semi permanent' scar technique you have around your areola, Its not something I've ever heard of and just assumed all scars were permanent and with needing revision to my areola scarring, of course I'm researching everything I can and would LOVE scars that would disappear altogether eventually, but can't find any info on semi permanent scars in google, so any info you have Roxanne on this technique I'd really appreciate it babe. I'm hoping my surgeon gets in contact again soon and I want to see him again before surgery so any further info I can pass by him would be great - Knowledge is Power and all that LOL. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 29th June 2012, 12:28 pm

I don't mean to be short, I need to go shortly and will be away from the internet for a couple of days. My PS told me they were semi-permanent, and should take about 8-10 months to dissolve. Sorry for the briefness xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 29th June 2012, 12:36 pm

That's OK hun, look forward to hearing more when you return. BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op 4239681551 Hope you have a nice time wherever you're going.

Sorry for the grilling but I'm sure you'll understand with me having revision my hope for any info that could lead me to a better scar than even those of mine above.

By dissolve, did your surgeon mean you'd have 'no scar' at all or just that they'd dissolve to a faded line as mine did in the above pics? xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 4th July 2012, 9:18 am

The semi permanent stitching is only used around the areola, the other incisions have regular dissolvable ones. They tend to be used because they last longer, and give the areola a better chance to hold up with a nice shape and results since there's a lot of tension there. Having said that, I still ended up with one side more oval than the other, so there's still no guarantee, though it should reduce the risks of more undesirable results. Scars are scars, so they all have the same look on the surface, so you can't see the difference since the stitches are on the inside, there are a few a layers of stictching around the areola, but you can't see them. I did have surface removable ones that were removed at my first check-up though xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th July 2012, 2:19 pm

Thanks for the reply Roxanne Give You

This has been really on my mind since you said you had 'semi permanent scars' and I've been looking everywhere on the net since for information, as the word 'semi -permanent scar' being an oxymoron really threw me and I've never heard of a 'scar' that could simply dissolve and that to me needing revision sounds AMAZING! but I've hit a brick wall and can't find anything at all about it. I've just googling the 'semi-permanent stitching' you've suggested and again.... nothing!

So, I'm going to Email your surgeon and ask that he help me with further information before I press on with the revision. The more info I get the better.

At the moment my surgeon is suggesting he use permanent stitches inside the breast to hold the breast up, taking pressure away from the scar (like an internal lift) with dissolvable stitches on the outside, but I'm still going to have a scar. If I can cancel the scar out I'd be thrilled!

So thanks Roxanne, just hoping your surgeon will be willing to help now and pass on the information to me. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 4th July 2012, 2:35 pm

It's not a semi permanent scar, as you know scars are always permanent, there's no way around that unfortunately. It's the stitches that are semi permanent, sorry if that was confusing. I hope you get the answers you're looking for xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th July 2012, 2:38 pm

lol You're confusing me more than ever now Roxanne hahaha...

So, my understanding now is that you will have a scar but the surgeon used dissolvable stitches? Is that right?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 4th July 2012, 2:53 pm

I have scars there's no way around that where there is an incision. I have dissolvable stitches in my crease, this is the norm and no need for anything else there. As I previously wrote, I only have semi permanent stitches around my areola, this is meant to give better results because there is a lot of tension in this area, hence the need for longer lastest stitches xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th July 2012, 2:58 pm

Ahhhhh... I had that last time, with stitches still coming through 6 - 8 months after surgery! Sadly didn't work for me though, which is probably why I'm gonna need the permanent stitches as well this time - Go me! Rolling Eyes .

Thanks anyway for the explanation Roxanne lovely. Scars still it is!!!! lol. x
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 4th July 2012, 3:01 pm

Would be great if there was a way around the scars wouldn't it! It's safe to say many of us wouldn't hesitate to get a lift, lol! Why were the semi permanent stitches a problem for you?
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th July 2012, 3:24 pm

I had to have a capsulectomy Roxanne. Surgeons don't like doing capsulectomys, unless absolutely necessary because of the risk of infection, but because I had such a mess inside from a ruptured implant, my surgeon had no choice but to perform one, I was informed this could be a possibility before my op though.

Having a capsulectomy made me very prone to infection, which unfortunately I got. I think the infection had an impact on the scars, but when I spoke to my surgeon about not wanting to go through this a 3rd time and wanted the best scars he could possibly achieve, Mr Persico, then suggested using the permanent stitches on the inner layers of skin, like I said, kinda creating an internal lift as they would always be there, with the dissolvable on the outside, which made perfect sense to me till you said you had 'semi-permanent scars'!!!! hahahaha. My head was in a spin and I've literally trawled the net for any info till you returned! :doh: .

I'm happy now with what has been suggested, with the stitches always being there underneath like Mr Persico said, this will keep the lift as they won't dissolve the dissolvable stitches over the top which which create the scar, should give me a better chance of having nice neat scars, even if I were to have problems. Which I shouldn't this time as it should be quite straight forward, unlike my last op. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 5th July 2012, 9:34 am

No I'm afraid that what Mr. Persico suggested is the norm, if there was a better option we'd know about it by now, lol. You'll be fine, you sound like you're in good hands, the areola scars really heal well in general, mine are showing less everyday, it's amazing really. I'm sure you'll love the results xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th July 2012, 10:36 am

Yeah, he really took his time to ensure he gave me the best information he could, even going beyond that to repair a little puckering on the other side that I hadn't even pointed out to him and I was really happy till you talked of your bloody 'Semi-Permanent Scars'!!! Hysterical Hysterical I spent bloody ages looking for that Hysterical Hysterical Hysterical It was driving me crazy, hahaha it'll be a while before I forget that one!. Hysterical Hysterical It's going right up there with spaghetti trees!! Hysterical Hysterical

So yes, I do know Mr Persico's suggestion is the best for 'me' and 'hopefully, this time things will be good. yes I don't believe from his suggestion that this is 'the norm' for uplifts, as most like you and I just have the dissolvable stitches and this technique is only used 'if felt necessary' from what he was telling me. I wanted to have the surgery done under local anesthetic as I presumed it just being to stitch up the areolas that this would be possible, but apparently it's not, there's so much work involved that Mr Persico refused a local or twilight and said the only way he do this procedure would be under a general anesthetic due to this being a complicated surgery, he'll also be reducing my areolas too.

Just like us all having re-op's, I'm so hopeful that can I get a little frantic wanting to get the best chance of a good result. I know that's probably hard for someone to really understand not having had to go through a re-op, but there's really no fun it and my heart goes out to all going through re-ops,'cos it really messes with your head..... On a good note though, we all get through it and I KNOW there are good times ahead. yes xx

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 5th July 2012, 11:35 am

BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op 557141 BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op 557141 BA scars 2 1/2 years post-op 557141 sorry I confused you, I need to read over what I write, I was in such a rush.

Permanent stitches are regularly used for uplifts on the other side of the pond. They're also commonly used for bottoming out revisions. Have you got your date yet? xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th July 2012, 12:01 pm

It seems strange that it's not the 'norm' here doesn't it, given the results would be guaranteed to be more successful shrug

Can you link me to where you read about permanent stitches being used as standard in the US babe. I'd very interested in reading it :thumbs: I'm obsessed with finding out about the procedure.

I've read with bottoming out, it's common to stitch with permanent stitches to the ribs to correct the complication, but not through the nipple?

Not got a date yet lovely. I'm waiting on being told I'm medically fit for surgery disappoint I know Transform now have my medical notes as my GP contacted me asking if it would be OK to release them, so now... I wait......I HATE waiting lol. xx

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next