Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being part of a study? Opinions? (long post!)

+3
COOKIE
Twinkle3
Abbie_lovey
7 posters

Go down

Being part of a study? Opinions? (long post!) Empty Being part of a study? Opinions? (long post!)

Post by Abbie_lovey 25th June 2012, 9:00 pm

My BA is booked for 3rd July with Michael Payne at the Hospital Group - I went to see him today to have another consultation and clear up a few last questions about sizes etc and after re-examining me and having a chat he told me about a trial / study he is involved in and said I would be a good candidate.

Basically I have opted to have the Allergan Natrelles (sorry about spelling!) but he has been chosen as the UK surgeon to take part in a study for the next version / upgrade of this implant...it has been developed with more texture which the idea is to hopefully reduce the rates of capsular contraction. There are 5 surgeons who are doing this UK, Stockholm etc and each will select 10 patients in July who meet the criteria to take part. The implants have been CE marked and are fully approved for commercial use in Europe.

If I take part then I will have: in depth medical history, reasons for BA, contraception and medication discussed, full and thorough physical exam of my breasts/ underarms, photos of before, questionnaire about my feelings about my breasts now, an ultrasound scan of my breasts to analyze the tissue all before the BA.

After the BA the study will involve me seeing my surgeon a minimum of 8 times over the next 5 years at scheduled intervals for 60minute appointments to discuss contraception, menstrual cycle(?) take photos, measurements and examinations, Baker grade assessment, breast pressure measurements, repeat the first questionairres, follow up medical questions and an ultrasound at each appointment.

Allergan have insurance for and will cover me for re-ops if capsular contractions occurs within 10 years/ ruptures etc and the hospital group aftercare policy stands.
I would be able to opt out of the study at any point with no problem/ fees etc.

What do you girls think? Would you agree?

Im thinking the 8 * 1 hour long visits with Mr Payne can only be beneficial surely?! And if his work is being judged with pictures etc as the UK surgeon taking part he is going to aim for amazing work!
He isn't pushing me at all, it is fully my own decision and I can even opt out on the day of my BA if I change my mind.
xxx
Abbie_lovey
Abbie_lovey
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Being part of a study? Opinions? (long post!) Empty Re: Being part of a study? Opinions? (long post!)

Post by Twinkle3 25th June 2012, 9:19 pm

It seems like it would help you know you are getting the best care possible as it is a study of your surgery so that would probably make me feel alot safer and and all those appointments are great, i just dont understand why they want to talk about contraception and ur menstrual cycle Being part of a study? Opinions? (long post!) 267328 i dont understand what that has got to do with your surgery unless im a complete dummy xx
Twinkle3
Twinkle3
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Being part of a study? Opinions? (long post!) Empty Re: Being part of a study? Opinions? (long post!)

Post by COOKIE 25th June 2012, 9:22 pm

Allergan already have an excellent proven reputation, so to be carefully monitored would give you that additional reassurance and you'd be benefiting from the next generation implant too... But I'd personally need to hear this from Allergan too and not just trust the word of your surgeon hun. I'm not saying your surgeon would lie to you, but surgeons lying, isn't unknown.

Mr Payne, not being a BAAPs member, I will admit raised an eyebrow as I would have presumed those surgeons would have been targeted by Allergan over others to do their study, but then maybe they've just targeted the popular clinics???

I'd just personally require further info babes and not just from that of the clinic or surgeon before deciding anything. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky 25th June 2012, 9:24 pm

I would go for it without hesitation. It sounds really good and you will have so much peace of mind, especially about having c c, which I had and is awful. xx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie_lovey 25th June 2012, 9:27 pm

Twinkle - I don't get that bit either...I will ask Mr Payne when he rings me in a day or so to answer any questions I have about this giant info pack i've got!
My only thought was because breast tissue can feel different at different points in your cycle maybe? Or I could be making that up!(Not mine - I have none Hysterical ) But there is a lot of emphasis on that! Strange...xxx
Cookie - I have a huge info pack to read through and it has numbers and contact details of Allergan people so I will give them a call in the morning and get some more info from themselves :) thank you xxx
Abbie_lovey
Abbie_lovey
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinkle3 25th June 2012, 9:28 pm

Cookie has made a very good point I wouldn't of thought of checking that, everything is probably fine but you can never be too careful xx
Twinkle3
Twinkle3
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie_lovey 25th June 2012, 9:30 pm

Yea, I hadn't thought about that either...getting so close I have a million other things swishing around my head it didn't occur to me! Thats why this site is AMAZING! Extra perception :) xxx
Abbie_lovey
Abbie_lovey
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinkle3 25th June 2012, 9:33 pm

Oh I don't know I've never heard that :heehee: but I don't know anything about boobies I'm a boobie dummy I will know more when I've got some haha, that is great that you have got lots of information and definately a good thing that you can ring allergen yourself seems like it would be a very good thing if this checking your cycle thing is nothing to worry about which hopefully it isn't xx
Twinkle3
Twinkle3
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th June 2012, 9:39 pm

Does it give a name in the pack of the implant hun? xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie_lovey 25th June 2012, 9:45 pm

It doesn't have an implant name; but the study title is: European new texture implant clinical experience with round breast implants.
And the study number is: ENTICE-001

I will find out more details from Allergan tomorrow and let you know :) xxx
Abbie_lovey
Abbie_lovey
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th June 2012, 9:47 pm

Thanks sweetheart, it would be really interesting to know more Being part of a study? Opinions? (long post!) 184153
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th June 2012, 9:49 pm

Jut one more question for you to ask babe - why are they only 'European' and not 'international'?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmaArden 26th June 2012, 7:28 am

this is a very interesting topic to watch... I thought at first, it is too good to be true, but it looks legit with the pack he has givenyou etc and how else do they do implant trials without trying them in on people. very good points raised by Cookie as per usual. what would cross my mind is why are you a perfect testee?
would love to know more info when you get it xxx
EmmaArden
EmmaArden
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie_lovey 4th July 2012, 11:29 am

Sorry I haven't updated this, just got swept away in the last few days countdown and sorting my things out etc :)
The implant is called NaturellePLUS...very imaginative haha!
It is a European study because were in Europe, all 5 Euro countries will be collated together, America have there own going on too, which has already started...which makes sense!
I spoke to someone at allergan prior to agreeing and then on Monday I went for pre-op pics, tests etc and met an Allergan rep who was more than helpful. Then tuesday they went in :)
The contraception/ menstrual cycle thing is because if I get pregnant then they will end my study part (all cover etc still stands but they won't continue with using me as a casestudy) BUT the thought of my own kids fills me with dread so defo not for me Hysterical
I was a good candidate because I met a bunch of requirements to take part and i'm 1000000% not planning to get pregnant ever, let alone the next 5 years!

If anyone is interested I could (probably! - technologically dumb!) scan the info pack up and email it if anyone wanted a read! xxx
Abbie_lovey
Abbie_lovey
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 4th July 2012, 1:25 pm

Wow this actually sounds really interesting to take part in - its something I would have taken up had I of been in our position!x
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishful 4th July 2012, 1:59 pm

Ooh I take it you went ahead then hunni? How did it go?x
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th July 2012, 2:03 pm

Sounds like you're going to be well taken care of Abbie and CONGRATULATIONS babe! Stars xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie_lovey 4th July 2012, 2:12 pm

Yea I went ahead with it! On monday night I had a 2 and bit hour appointment with Mr Payne, his assistant lady, Allergan rep and so I was very reassured it is a good thing to do!
Happy so far, but oh my god i'm already sick of this binder thing!!! hissy Driving me crazy, swear most of my discomfort is from that more than any pain! But all be so worth it in the end yipee xxx
Abbie_lovey
Abbie_lovey
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* 4th July 2012, 4:51 pm

Ice packs will be your lifesaver, so I seriously think you should invest if you haven't already. Wilko's sell reuseable heat/ice packs which are amazingly cheap.

Did you have to pay the regular price out of curiosity for your BA? X
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th July 2012, 5:15 pm

Packs of cotton wool wadding helps with a binder too hun. Especially under your arm pits and rib area. I had to wear a compression band which by doG was it tight, but I just shoved the wadding everywhere the band was hurting me. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down